JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
D.C. law requiring 'good reason' to carry handgun rejected by appeals court as unconstitutional

The gist is that the DC Court of Appeal finds right to carry outside the home under Heller.

"At the Second Amendment's core lies the right of responsible citizens to carry firearms for personal self-defense beyond the home, subject to longstanding restrictions," Judge Thomas B. Griffith wrote in the majority opinion. "These traditional limits include, for instance, licensing requirements, but not bans on carrying in urban areas like D.C. or bans on carrying absent a special need for self-defense."

This one might be better than Peruta to get to the Supreme Court.

Isn't keeping my butt from bleeding out in the street a "good reason" to carry to carry a gun? Sort of like using a tool the way it was intended? D.C. is the only place I've ever been mugged and IMO it's because they know that nobody is armed and the police aren't coming. And no I wasn't in a bad part of town it was at the Metro Smithsonian stop.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top