JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all know the blessed 2nd Amendment. We all know how this was reviewed in mass detail, with the federalist papers.
And we know that the 2nd was drafted and redrafted quite a few times. Ending with a very simplified version, compared to some other
drafts considered.
Bear with me as this gets deep and to the true meat of things.

But what is a clear mystery is what about ARMs. We know it did not just refer to Projectiles fired by and explosion.
Because there exist Court hearings stating the right to have a Air gun, or knife is protected none other then the by the 2nd Amendment.
Now courts on knives have said pretty much and clear, the right to have a knife is granted to us because of the Bill Of Rights that says " ARMS " .
But clearly switch blades, butterfly, knives and millions of bally song knives, did not exist. Yet the right to have them today is clearly legal.
In Cabela's, and every sports store allows this because of the Second Amendment.
So it is very clear that the 2nd was not just for knives of the time. But knives of all kinds.

So the next time, some Yahoo tells you, The 2nd Amendment does not apply to modern arms?
You can say, it not only applies. It is not defined as only a firearm. Its defined by means to protect by Arms needed.

Have a great week.

Argus

We all know the blessed 2nd Amendment. We all know how this was reviewed in mass detail, with the federalist papers.
And we know that the 2nd was drafted and redrafted quite a few times. Ending with a very simplified version, compared to some other
drafts considered.

But what is a clear mystery is what about ARMs. We know it did not just refer to Projectiles fired by and explosion.
Because there exist Court hearings stating the right to have a Air gun, or knife is protected none other then the by the 2nd Amendment.
Now courts on knives have said pretty much and clear, the right to have a knife is granted to us because of the Bill Of Rights that says " ARMS " .
But clearly switch blades, butterfly, knives and millions of bally song knives, did not exist. Yet the right to have them today is clearly legal.
In Cabela's, and every sports store allows this because of the Second Amendment.
So it is very clear that the 2nd was not just for knives of the time. But knives of all kinds.

So the next time, some Yahoo tells you, The 2nd Amendment does not apply to modern arms?
You can say, it not only applies. It is not defined as only a firearm. Its defined by means to protect by Arms needed.

Have a great week.

Argus
You are correct. You may also find it interesting that, historically, edged weapons and others such as Bowie knives, brass knuckles, dirks, retractable blades, and others have been restricted to exclude concealed carry in some jurisdictions.

drafts considered.

Have a great week.

Argus
You said; "we all know", twice and "we know" ,once. You may just then be surprised to Know how relatively few of the electorate actually read the federalist papers let alone even know of them them. It is that lack of interest and concern (ignorance) of way too many to seek knowledge and make their own decisions which allows for things to spoil and rot.

If only more folks (left and right) were like you, and not just for the sake of the second amendment but for all government oversight.
As far as Butterfly knives existing then this was printed in Blade Magazine:
"The Philippines is often cited as the birthplace of butterfly knives, where "balisong" is a more appropriate term. Legend has it that the balisong knife has roots that go back to around 800 AD. This style of knife could be opened quickly with one hand and easily used as a weapon."
No actual proof but fun to know anyway.

"
Arms. n.s.

without the singular number. [arma, Lat.]

1. Weapons of offence, or armour of defence."Those arms which Mars before
Had giv'n the vanquish'd, now the victor bore."
Pope's Iliad.

2. A state of hostility. "Sir Edward Courtney, and the haughty prelate,
With many more confed'rates, are in arms."
Shakes.
R. III.

3. War in general. "Arms and the man I sing.
Dryd. Virgil.Him Paris follow'd to the dire alarms,
Both breathing slaughter, both resolv'd in arms."
Pope's
Iliad.

4. Action; the act of taking arms."Up rose the victor angels, and to arms
The matin trumpet sung."
Milton's Paradise Lost, b. vi.

5. The ensigns armorial of a family."

From the 1755 Samuel Johnson's Dictionary, which was in common use in those days and understood by the Founding Fathers. ;)

So "weapons of offense, or armor of defence", are what "arms" meant at that time.

To use Bruen; I would daresay the 2A protects all kinds of arms and armor.

5e8f5f7130b7c65de35fe38cc45eb713.jpg

You said; "we all know", twice and "we know" ,once. You may just then be surprised to Know how relatively few of the electorate actually read the federalist papers let alone even know of them them. It is that lack of interest and concern (ignorance) of way too many to seek knowledge and make their own decisions which allows for things to spoil and rot.

If only more folks (left and right) were like you, and not just for the sake of the second amendment but for all government oversight.
As far as Butterfly knives existing then this was printed in Blade Magazine:
"The Philippines is often cited as the birthplace of butterfly knives, where "balisong" is a more appropriate term. Legend has it that the balisong knife has roots that go back to around 800 AD. This style of knife could be opened quickly with one hand and easily used as a weapon."
No actual proof but fun to know anyway.
Not in the least surprised that most people aren't even remotely familiar with the Federalist Papers. They way I have it figured, you'd have to be real close to my age (80 this month) for them to have been required reading in school.

Our "education system" isn't doing this country any favors...

As already said, whatever it takes.

In my mind, "arms" have meant whatever "arms" the government has, so should the civilians have.

I have also said, I don't believe anybody, including governments, should have NBC weapons.

As already said, whatever it takes.

In my mind, "arms" have meant whatever "arms" the government has, so should the civilians have.

I have also said, I don't believe anybody, including governments, should have NBC weapons.
Tear gas is considered a banned chemical weapon by the 1925 Geneva Convention that the US is not a part of. :rolleyes: and yet... it's ubiquitous usage by civil police departments in addition to the military really makes one.. distrustful of the Government in general.

I don't take advice from Yahoo or the yahoos that call themselves politicians.

Based on Bruen; the entirety of NFA, GCA, the Hughes Amendment, and the body of State laws and measures that infringes/violates the 2A should be repealed and removed... but.. we all know that just ain't gonna happen unless the People exercise their Right to change or abolish the Government and put a new one in place.

For the 155 years between 1779 and 1934, the people had parity of arms with the militaries of the time. Indeed, it was directly due to this, that American inventors and companies were able to develop a great many technological advances in weaponry; and due to the rise of the military-industrial complex from WW2; but having a direct tie to the history of the 2A; American companies developed advanced weaponry and so forth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top