JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will post directions in to the pit on the four different forums on how to get to the pit. I have some plywood I cut and painted white and will write up "18 Road to Shootong Pit" and post it where you turn off the Sweede Haven Road and another one that I will post on the 18 Road that will say "Next Right to Shooting Pit"
I will put either red plastic tape or yellow tape by the signs to draw attentin to the signs.
I don't want to put them up until the 4th because the low lifes will shoot them up by the 4th.

Me and @Melmelhunter .
Will be there Saturday and I will bring the clay thrower.
And I have some 20 ga and 12 ga ammo to shoot.
Also have a 20 ga and a few 12 ga guns pump and Simi auto to play with LOL

I will post directions in to the pit on the four different forums on how to get to the pit. I have some plywood I cut and painted white and will write up "18 Road to Shootong Pit" and post it where you turn off the Sweede Haven Road and another one that I will post on the 18 Road that will say "Next Right to Shooting Pit"
I will put either red plastic tape or yellow tape by the signs to draw attentin to the signs.
I don't want to put them up until the 4th because the low lifes will shoot them up by the 4th.
Just so people know when it says next right to shooting pit.
That's one hell of a hard right turn.
You can go past it to wide spot in the road and turn around and come back.

I went up to the pit Sunday morning and got one of them derp ruts filled in. There is eight maybe ten of them.
It is kind of steep there so when leaving you should stradle the ruts until the gravel get packed in.

I was born & raised in Darrington, Graduated from Darrington Highschool, I Spent my first 38 Years there. What an Awesome place to Grow up. I used to know EVERYONE there, But it's sure Changed over the Years, I stil know LOTS & LOTS of people there, Mostly the Older Families like mine that has lived there since the Beginning of time :) My family moved there in the 40s, I moved away from Darrington 11-12 years ago and haven't been back since. The picture you have of "Rivers End" brings back a lot of Ole Memories. There is another Shooting Range out on the Sauk Prairie (Where i grew up) you can shoot to 400 Yards there, It was ME & MY GRANDFATHER that Put that Range in.

Anyway, Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It's Good to see there are Folks that care about the place, and willing to get together and clean it up :s0155:

I was born & raised in Darrington, Graduated from Darrington Highschool, I Spent my first 38 Years there. What an Awesome place to Grow up. I used to know EVERYONE there, But it's sure Changed over the Years, I stil know LOTS & LOTS of people there, Mostly the Older Families like mine that has lived there since the Beginning of time :) My family moved there in the 40s, I moved away from Darrington 11-12 years ago and haven't been back since. The picture you have of "Rivers End" brings back a lot of Ole Memories. There is another Shooting Range out on the Sauk Prairie (Where i grew up) you can shoot to 400 Yards there, It was ME & MY GRANDFATHER that Put that Range in.

Anyway, Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It's Good to see there are Folks that care about the place, and willing to get together and clean it up :s0155:
Well, here's a good excuse for a road trip! Shouldn't be too far for you!? I'm 6 hrs away but going to be there (actually taking 10 hrs because I'm stopping at 2 other forests along the way).

So come camp with us on Friday night and tell us some stories of the good ol days! I'll buy you a beer.

Bill

IdahoLewis
Please come back & camp with us on the 4th..
I am an implant to Arlington 21 years ago from UpState New York. I started occasinally shooting up to the 435th. Ave pit about 10 years ago and started picking up trash there about four years ago.
There will be people camping with us on the 4th that would love to hear your stories of growing up in that region.

I will post a update on where we are on the clean up.

Pat

White Horse Mtn. Last week.

20210516_104700.jpg

20210515_201808.jpg

Yesterday we went to the pit from 8:30 until around 3:30. Picked up four - 5 gallon buckets of shotgun hulls.
It never stops, next weekend there will be more.

I made two pit clean up signs and posted them at the 435th pit and st the small pit on the Suiattle River Road Pit.
20210522_134537.jpg
This Suiattle River Road Pit is a disastet, there is a LOT of trash there.
20210522_134910.jpg
20210522_135028.jpg
20210522_135434.jpg
20210522_141253.jpg

We need to do a split clean up at both pits.
The 435th Ave pit isn't that bad compared to all of the other pits in the area. We can have this pit totally cleaned up in a couple of hours then clean up the one bad dump spot on the way in to the pitand then pick up the half of a recliner and an old matress on the 18 Road.

We will need to split the team up so we can get a grip on the small Suiattle River Road Pit.
Any one coming in a car will probably want to meet up at this pit, the road going down to the 435th pit is in real rough shape with deep ruts.

Who ever can help out could you please PM me so we can split the team up and get an early start at 9am on both of these pits.
After the clean up we will have a group shoot at one of the pits.

Last Edited:
So things are getting all together for the clean up on the 5th.
Several of us will be camping close to the 435th pit in Darrington on Friday night. We will do the clean up at this pit.
The two pits on the Suaittle River Road are really trashed. That is where we need the man power to get these two pits cleaned up.
Scuffy from HuntWa forum is going to take his mid-size Kabota Tractor with a from loader and rack over to the Suaittle River Road pits to load trash in to a Dump Trailer that a HuntWa member is is letting us borrow to haul trash. .
We will post directions and GPS cordinance here shortly.
We need people to help pick the trash up.
Durring the clean up I am supplying coke, sprite & water, after the clean up there will be Budweisers on ice for any who wants to indulge.

Caveman Jim from WaGun forum will be doing a BBQ for us to enjoy after the clean up.

For those who will be coming for the clean up please go directly to the Suaittle pits. The official clean up time is 9am, but actually there will be people there around 7.00 - 7:30 to lock up them two pits and will begin the clean up so if you are a early bird come up there early.

After the clean up we will have a BBQ and a shoot at the large pit on the Suaittle River Road so bring your pistols, rifles & shotguns.
We will have paper targets, steel, stationary clay pigeons and flying clay pigeons.
I want to make it a fun shoot.
Maybe set a egg at 30 yards and have people shoot pistol off hand. Every one who hits it gets $10.
Set a egg at 100 yards to shoot and shoot off hand $10 to every one who hits it.
Only one try per person.
I will pick up a few gun related items and give out raffle tickets. In you are there at the BBQ you have a chance to will a door prize.

That would be great Rem.
Thank you.

Yesterday when I met up with Scuffy we loaded up most of a cut up fiberglass boat some one thre off on the road that goes down to the 435th Ave pit.
$47 tipping fee, .43 ton.
20210529_123934.jpg
20210529_123947.jpg

This is what's left at that spot plus one more big piece of fiberglass that a tree fell on.
I will have my chainsaw nevt weekend and will cut the tree off so we can haul that part of the boat outof there.

20210529_123941.jpg

We've changed the primary meeting location to be meeting at the large pit, along the Suaittle River Road, at 9 AM. The road access is easy for any car and it's the primary place we need to work on. Some people may want to go directly to the Darrington pit and we'll have someone there to greet them. Otherwise, we'll start at this new location and disperse groups out to the other pits.

Lunch will now be provided, thanks to @HighlandLofts for food purchase and @Caveman Jim for being our Master Chef!

Prizes are now on the table! Free raffle at lunch!

This cleanup is getting better all the time!

See the updates and map link to the new meeting location at; https://www.trashnoland.org/upcoming-events/cleanup-darrington-pit-darrinton-wa/

See ya next Saturday!

We'll still be camping at @HighlandLofts secret place by the Darrington pit. In the morning, some will head over to the Suaittle River Road pit to meet the volunteers, and some will stay at the Darrington pit (aka 435th pit) to start the minor cleanup there. We all meet back at the Suaittle River Road pit for lunch, prizes and a group shoot.

So things are getting all together for the clean up on the 5th.
Several of us will be camping close to the 435th pit in Darrington on Friday night. We will do the clean up at this pit.
The two pits on the Suaittle River Road are really trashed. That is where we need the man power to get these two pits cleaned up.
Scuffy from HuntWa forum is going to take his mid-size Kabota Tractor with a from loader and rack over to the Suaittle River Road pits to load trash in to a Dump Trailer that a HuntWa member is is letting us borrow to haul trash. .
We will post directions and GPS cordinance here shortly.
We need people to help pick the trash up.
Durring the clean up I am supplying coke, sprite & water, after the clean up there will be Budweisers on ice for any who wants to indulge.

Caveman Jim from WaGun forum will be doing a BBQ for us to enjoy after the clean up.

For those who will be coming for the clean up please go directly to the Suaittle pits. The official clean up time is 9am, but actually there will be people there around 7.00 - 7:30 to lock up them two pits and will begin the clean up so if you are a early bird come up there early.

After the clean up we will have a BBQ and a shoot at the large pit on the Suaittle River Road so bring your pistols, rifles & shotguns.
We will have paper targets, steel, stationary clay pigeons and flying clay pigeons.
I want to make it a fun shoot.
Maybe set a egg at 30 yards and have people shoot pistol off hand. Every one who hits it gets $10.
Set a egg at 100 yards to shoot and shoot off hand $10 to every one who hits it.
Only one try per person.
I will pick up a few gun related items and give out raffle tickets. In you are there at the BBQ you have a chance to will a door prize.
I got three boxes of clays and the throwing thing.
And a bunch of 20 gage ammo and 12 gage ammo.
It will be mixed every thing from 8 shot down to #4 shot some #2 and BB shot .
And I will bring a 20 ga gun and two 12 ga guns.
Maybe a few other guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads