JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On August 20th we dis a 435th Ave Shooting Pit Clean Up. We got the lower pit in pretty good shape. We did not get to the upper pit. So I got ahold of the District Manager of the DNR and set up another clean up day for the upper pit.

I also got ahold of the company that owners the 159 area down at the river about removing them junk cars. We will be getting the proper paperwork done so 6can get them out of there.
I need to find someone local to Darrington that has a backhoe to lift them up onto a car trailer that I can borrow.
After this next clean up the 435th Ave pits will be in fine shape.

Any one interested in helping out on the clean up please send me a PM.
I will have refreshments for the clean up and we can do some shooting afterwards.

Still looking for a few guys to help out on cleaning the upper shooting pit next Saturday the 24th.
If you can help out please respond on here or send me a PM.

The DNR will have the gate open by the electric substation for easy access to the pit.

Last Edited:
Looking at Google Maps, it seems the main road up there is blocked and has signage for no trespassing? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place?

Highland, could you perhaps be a gentleman and give me some directions on the best way to get up there?

Take 530 from Arlington to Darrington.
You will go through Oso then you will go by the Oso slide on the left.
A little ways farther there will be a shell station on the right at the Sweede Haven Road. Go past that and then there will be the Darrington rodeo grounds and blue grass music grounds on the left.
Gust past these there will be a sign on the left
435th Ave.
Take that left. There will be a electric substation right by the big power lines.
There are two gate at the wood line. The DNR will have the gate open for the clean up.
Keep going on that road and you will cross the stillaquamish River.
The shooting pit will be another 1/2 mile or so.

20220820_125808_001.jpg

Take 530 from Arlington to Darrington.
You will go through Oso then you will go by the Oso slide on the left.
A little ways farther there will be a shell station on the right at the Sweede Haven Road. Go past that and then there will be the Darrington rodeo grounds and blue grass music grounds on the left.
Gust past these there will be a sign on the left
435th Ave.
Take that left. There will be a electric substation right by the big power lines.
There are two gate at the wood line. The DNR will have the gate open for the clean up.
Keep going on that road and you will cross the stillaquamish River.
The shooting pit will be another 1/2 mile or so.

View attachment 1280042
Thanks Highland!

Is the gate usually closed? Only open for cleanups?

The gates are generally closed due to the junk cars and trash on the private land before the DNR land.
But there is always access from the back way in off of the Sweede Haven Road. There is always access to the pits.

Maybe next time GD. I have some BB guns and a youth model 22 when the grandkids are ready to shoot.
The clean up will be starting here in a couple of hours.
We should have a good turn out this morning. I will be heading up there here shortly.
I want to personally thank all of you guys for helping out on this clean up. With out your support this would not be possible.

It you don't keep these pits clean the DNR will shut them down.

Once the weather gets back to normal I'll start taking my grandson back up to the 435th Ave pit again. We did a nice clean up there last summer and it was actually the cleanest it has been in decades.
It shouldn't take much time to do a nice clean up come spring or early summer.
Once we start going back out there I'll set up a clean up for this pit.

Late last fall I went up to the two pits on the Suiatle River Road. We did a huge clean up there in 2021, we had about thirty people who volunteered on the clean up plus we had a tractor with a front end loader and two dump trailers. We hauled out just over twelve tons of trash.
It was looking pretty cluttered back up again.
That clean up will probably be in June or July.

Once the weather gets back to normal I'll start taking my grandson back up to the 435th Ave pit again. We did a nice clean up there last summer and it was actually the cleanest it has been in decades.
It shouldn't take much time to do a nice clean up come spring or early summer.
Once we start going back out there I'll set up a clean up for this pit.

Late last fall I went up to the two pits on the Suiatle River Road. We did a huge clean up there in 2021, we had about thirty people who volunteered on the clean up plus we had a tractor with a front end loader and two dump trailers. We hauled out just over twelve tons of trash.
It was looking pretty cluttered back up again.
That clean up will probably be in June or July.
Let me know when Pat and I'll try and make it up there again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top