JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm getting better at NOT setting my knife down. Lost my couple months old Benchmade for a few days a month or so back, then found it outside, on a stove we'd replaced. Now, I tell myself, "If you set that down, you're going to forget it there" and take the seconds to put it back in my pocket.

The ome spot I always tend to "misplace" mine is in the car. I always carry my knife in my right rear butt pocket and as the clip gets worn they seem to slide out while driving or something. Tend to find them sitting in the little area under the seat.

That used to happen to me with my beloved Spyderco Endura, now more than twenty years old. I stuck a strip of male velcro under the clip. Solved the problem, but eventually it will wear on the fabric. I'd much rather get a new pair of jeans than a new Spyderco.

I've torn half the house apart. Looked through the truck...twice. Checked half a dozen places that it shouldn't be...and of course it wasn't there. Checked the washing machine...because I've been known to wash it before. Looked through every pair of pants I've worn the last two weeks. Nothing. :s0092:

Where the hell could it be? I love that knife! :s0058:

Sorry. I just needed to vent with people who will understand. Carry on.

Simple solution: wait until you've lost something else important that you really need to find. You will then find the lost knife. Or, do what I did; give up on finding the lost knife and buy a new one. You will then immediately find the lost one. Pretty sure this is some sort of physical law of the universe.

Quick and easy...after lamenting my edc knife...I decided to buy another one just like it...darn they didn't have one in stock...so I bought one similar. Months later, I found the missing one; it was happily resting under the couch, warm and dry. Now, I have two edc knives...and if I lose one....backups man!

You get used to carrying a knife and it becomes a part of your dress. Somewhere on the USS Enterprise is a Case medium Stockman that I had carried for about 12 years. I knew it was gone when I got up from my chair overlooking the number 2 reactor. It was back in the days when the steel was not stainless and you could sharpen knives to shave with, Really miss that knife. I now carry a knife with a pocket clip. I kept catching it on seat belts and other things and would spend hours looking for a $20 knife because I couldn't get another. I finally got smart and now carry it with the knife in my pocket and the clip on the outside. Haven't lost it since.

Lost my edc with the belt cutter and glass punch again for a couple days. But I had dropped my spare mag out the same time and was more worried about that. Wife found the spare mag yesterday (after I had ordered a replacement...darn it :rolleyes:), and I found the knife about half an hour ago under my slippers by the bed.

Still need to get a spare edc with that belt cutter and glass punch. Old firefighters don't like be without that stuff. Back to Ebay.

I went to the Kershaw (Kai) knife wholesale for the first time Friday. It was a madhouse.
Sat in line for about 2.5hrs, in the cold, but no rain.
Then went around the area inside for about an hour and a half.

It was a good time. I was in a time crunch as I didn't expect it to take so long.

Ended up coming out with several knives.

Most pocket knives were $10-$30.

So I have a couple back ups now

I have lost a few pocket knifes over the years(started carrying one when I was 8 and when pocket knifes in school were not a problem). Used to play mumblety peg in the schoolyard in Portland. Nowadays you would have the swat team called in. The 2 knifes I really regret losing were my grandfathers pocket knife with his initials on it and my Kabar. To this day I don't know how I lost either one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top