JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mea Culpa

I found a pocket knife at the Cooked River Campground; outside of Prineville @2002.

It was stuck in a juniper tree; have it marked, vacuum-packed, and put away.

I will return it to the rightful owner (must identify...:D).

The old saying goes...

Ya always find it at the last place ya look....
I finally found my Spyderco endura in the toilet bowl after it being there for around two years. Long story. It fared fairly well with only some minimal cosmetic tarnishing.
I complained so much that my SO bought me a new one with the improved metal clip. win!

I finally found my Spyderco endura in the toilet bowl after it being there for around two years. Long story. It fared fairly well with only some minimal cosmetic tarnishing.
I complained so much that my SO bought me a new one with the improved metal clip. win!

So.... two years ago sittin' on the throne you thought nothing of that sudden "peculiar pang" and the "ka-clink-clunck" sound and then attributed to wolfing down that 72oz porterhouse steak, including the bone, gristle, and all the fixin's in under 40 minutes?

And you thought that "challenge meal" was free.... HA!! :s0123:

I only had one somewhat sentimental knife I lost. My parents were living in Gresham towards Sandy and i was helping them landscape their huge yard. Trimming trees, clearing brush, etc and it came out of my pocket. It was about 1/2 an acre. Looked for a while but could have been swept up in the brush.
It was a cheaper kersaw. But a LEO friend gave it to me.

I've had two nice benchmades I got free through work. But I've ended up using them at work and they are beyond trashed.
It's hard to go back to a cheaper knife once you've had quality ones like a benchmade, However, I'm cheap and I know they will get trashed.

Pretty sure I should be donkey kicked for doing this to a benchmade, (actually two of them)

6971A013-E819-4EBC-9396-D5E02CF79A19.jpeg

Lol seriously get with the program these are just the ones sitting on the table by the front door I have more I just have to dig them out of my dresser drawers hehehe MVIMG_20171118_090823.jpg

I have lost many a knife over the years. Some very expensive and some not so much.

I understand your distress, however a knife is just a tool and tools are meant to be used. Unfortunately the nature of that sometimes leads to them getting misplaced.

May it turn up, and if not may its replacement end up being better than the original.

I can't co
I have lost many a knife over the years. Some very expensive and some not so much.

I understand your distress, however a knife is just a tool and tools are meant to be used. Unfortunately the nature of that sometimes leads to them getting misplaced.

May it turn up, and if not may its replacement end up being better than the original.
I can't count how many I have lost because I can't count that high lol

Well, clearing some jeans off my dresser top this morning and one pair felt heavier and there that knife was clipped in the pocket. Still may buy a new one after that scare though.

Good thing my head is attached,or I would physically lose it, the mind went a long time ago.

The one in the leather case was my uncles I got it when he passed with some other little things as you can see it is well used been sharped so much there is not much blade left on some of them MVIMG_20171118_093721.jpg

[QUOTE="Dungannon, post: 1808451, Always been a bit forgetful, but its getting worse. I'll go to the garage to get something and then just stand there thinking 'I know I came out here for a reason.' Sometimes I remember, and other times I have to go back to the room I was in. I'm usually met by the wife, who'll ask something like 'I thought you were going to get a screwdriver to fix this drawer.' Ah, yes. Then I fake it, and tell her I came back for a cup of coffee but will take care of that drawer in a little bit. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If you've ever watched 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, the Tom scene is epic!!!! Replace the Tom to Jim....o_O
Hi, I'm Jim, ten minuets later, Hi, I'm Jim...ect ect ect....:eek::eek::eek::D

[QUOTE="Dungannon, post: 1808451, Always been a bit forgetful, but its getting worse. I'll go to the garage to get something and then just stand there thinking 'I know I came out here for a reason.' Sometimes I remember, and other times I have to go back to the room I was in. I'm usually met by the wife, who'll ask something like 'I thought you were going to get a screwdriver to fix this drawer.' Ah, yes. Then I fake it, and tell her I came back for a cup of coffee but will take care of that drawer in a little bit. :rolleyes:

If you've ever watched 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, the Tom scene is epic!!!! Replace the Tom to Jim....o_O
Hi, I'm Jim, ten minuets later, Hi, I'm Jim...ect ect ect....:eek::eek::eek::D[/QUOTE]

I do that all the time but there is usually a few beers involved in the process of me thinking I was going to get something and me remember what I was going to get then I usually just say to hell with it and drink another beer

You see above I started to say something then change it and it put replace me as the one who quote the post but it was caveman so there are two of the same one with his name and one with me

I thought I lost my favorite Gerber once. That would have been the 2nd one. I've had this one for 25+ years.
I panicked.

But then I found it. I had stuck it in my sock, and somehow it had shifted around to the opposite side of my ankle.
Damifino how it did that, but I was glad it was still with me.

You must have some HD socks to hold yo a blade, mine ride down without anything to help em.:eek: I have big calves.....:D

Speaking of carrying a knife in your sock or your boot lol be careful years ago I used to carry a boot knife when I was at work in California geuss what they are considered illegal to carry double edge in your boot is a conciled wepon when the police came to my house because we where having a party I was charged for that got charges dropped because I was on my property but only because I had a girl friend that was a inturn at a law firm in Santa Barbara gerbpic05803_530x388.jpg

Lol, I use the short handle full size head (korgie) axe for my tree felling and kindling opns; lost it under a pile of maple slash last Spring... I was sick about it; and bought another one.

Two days later; found the original.

Have that new one sitting on a shelf..:D

Alrighty folks I'll tell you a story about a new to me gift from my son, a $100+ Benchmade knife.

Years ago my son came home on leave while he was in the Coast Guard, he always brought gifts whether it be a nice cigar a bottle of whiskey but this time it was a really nice Benchmade knife.

Mind you that I had never really had a GOOD knife, except for the KBar my dad gave me years ago, which is long gone.:oops::oops::oops: Anyways it was the first knife that I'd ever owned that had a pocket clip (yeah, I'm stuck ing the 60's and 70's) so I was like a kid in a candy store when he gave it to me.:D:D:D

The next week I went going fishing on the Cowlitz River early one morning, I had my chest waders on and my new to be knife tucked into the top where it was easy access if I needed it to clean out a fish or fight a tweeker. Well as luck would have it I had to go to make a deposit in the permanent porta potties that they have onsite. As I unsnapped my waders, pulled down the top flap, it flipped the top section down & the knife comes flying, out hits the concrete wall ricochets and shoots right into the crapper!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It all happened in slow motion and I could not move a muscle but my mouth uttered the words of the little kid in Christmas Story.... OH FUDGE!!!!:eek::eek::eek: as I watched it descend into the depths of who knows how deep of crap.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's the kind of sick feeling that you get when you drop your favorite fillet knife or rod & reel combo overboard in the ocean because you that you will never get it back, it is gone forever.:s0058::s0058::s0058:

Alrighty folks I'll tell you a story about a new to me gift from my son, a $100+ Benchmade knife.

Years ago my son came home on leave while he was in the Coast Guard, he always brought gifts whether it be a nice cigar a bottle of whiskey but this time it was a really nice Benchmade knife.

Mind you that I had never really had a GOOD knife, except for the KBar my dad gave me years ago, which is long gone.:oops::oops::oops: Anyways it was the first knife that I'd ever owned that had a pocket clip (yeah, I'm stuck ing the 60's and 70's) so I was like a kid in a candy store when he gave it to me.:D:D:D

The next week I went going fishing on the Cowlitz River early one morning, I had my chest waders on and my new to be knife tucked into the top where it was easy access if I needed it to clean out a fish or fight a tweeker. Well as luck would have it I had to go to make a deposit in the permanent porta potties that they have onsite. As I unsnapped my waders, pulled down the top flap, it flipped the top section down & the knife comes flying, out hits the concrete wall ricochets and shoots right into the crapper!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It all happened in slow motion and I could not move a muscle but my mouth uttered the words of the little kid in Christmas Story.... OH FUDGE!!!!:eek::eek::eek: as I watched it descend into the depths of who knows how deep of crap.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's the kind of sick feeling that you get when you drop your favorite fillet knife or rod & reel combo overboard in the ocean because you that you will never get it back, it is gone forever.:s0058::s0058::s0058:
Damn Caveman...that story had a crappy ending...:eek::D
Serious though....a shame that your knife was lost that way...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads