JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn Caveman...that story had a crappy ending...:eek::D
Serious though....a shame that your knife was lost that way...
Andy

I know.... (crying profusely):D
I sometimes think that maybe I should have tried to shimmy through that small hole and retrieved my precious gift. But in reality, if I had done that I surely would have been featured on the 5, 6, 10 and 11 o'clock news. :eek::eek::eek:

It's nearly always my glasses I cant find. Naturally I need them on to be able to see to find them. Much worse though is this: Many years ago I was getting ready for a hunt. I popped a beer and sat down to sharpen my most treasured knife, a Puma skinner I'd bought after Pacific Sporting Goods burned (anybody remember that place?) at their post fire sale. Anyway, I got the thing sharp and left it on the coffee table and made off to bed. The next evening I began packing for the hunting trip. The Puma was nowhere to be found. Threw a fit, a rant, and some curse words under my breath. Still no knife. Naturally my wife knew nothing about this. I took a second string knife with me on the hunting trip. A few years later we bought a brand new house and were preparing to move and in the process I was cleaning out a large screened back porch. And there, buried in a pile of old newspapers was my Puma. I damn well know I didn't put it there.

Found it!! :):):)

Tangled up under the sheets all the way down at the foot of the bed. I swear I had checked the bed several times already but not all the way at the bottom. :rolleyes:

Err...but just because I found it, doesn't mean I still can't shop for a new one right? RIGHT!? :D

I was actually looking at replacement SnG's last night but they sure seem to be a rare commodity these days. Couldn't find a single store that had any in stock. But those Zero Tolerance knives sure look nice. May need to pick one up.

TorPfwb.jpg

Tangled up under the sheets all the way down at the foot of the bed. I swear I had checked the bed several times already but not all the way at the bottom. :rolleyes:

Err...but just because I found it, doesn't mean I still can't shop for a new one right? RIGHT!? :D

I was actually looking at replacement SnG's last night but they sure seem to be a rare commodity these days. Couldn't find a single store that had any in stock. But those Zero Tolerance knives sure look nice. May need to pick one up.

View attachment 406347

:s0140:

View attachment 406347

I am a Benchmade knife guy. I own several.
But then i bought a ZT. I dont like a bunch of their knives but the few that i do like i might purchase. Slowly and surely.

Welcome to my world. As with chapstick, I lose my knives constantly. Thus I never buy really nice, expensive folding knives.. because ultimately Ill lose it.. its just a matter of time.

Has anyone said.. it'll be in the last place you look? ;););)

I was in the same boat, I couldn't find my knife for 3 days and I finally just found it, it is just a cheap $20 HK from big five but it has been my favorite.

I would love to have a very nice expensive knife but I don't see the point in it, I would rather have a cheap one Incase I lose it or something.

This lost thread reminds me of a line from a George Carlin observation. When you misplace something do you often go back to the drawer or wherever (ie pockets) it should be and look again. His remark when looking yet again was "Nope not back yet". I had to Youtube it again "George Carlin 1985 losing things 5:52" That line made such an impression on me I still pause in my searching and check the drawer again and not feel guilty knowing others may also do the same thing. RIP George Carlin

My pal brought some rims and tires to my shop and I helped him mount the tires. When he left I noticed my short motorcycle tire irons were nowhere to be found. It really troubled me as he is as honest as can be. I looked in the tool box drawer once, twice,etc,etc. About a 2 weeks later I got out of bed at 3 am and went to check the tool box drawer with a flash light and darned if they weren't back in the drawer stacked upright against the back of the drawer. I almost called Ron right then but I waited until about noon.

My pal brought some rims and tires to my shop and I helped him mount the tires. When he left I noticed my short motorcycle tire irons were nowhere to be found. It really troubled me as he is as honest as can be. I looked in the tool box drawer once, twice,etc,etc. About a 2 weeks later I got out of bed at 3 am and went to check the tool box drawer with a flash light and darned if they weren't back in the drawer stacked upright against the back of the drawer. I almost called Ron right then but I waited until about noon.

I lost my wedding ring for about 6 months. There it was, in its usual place where I take it off when I work on things. I have no idea how many deliberate searches and casual openings of that specific toolbox drawer where it was. I think space aliens are following me around, hiding my stuff and returning it randomly, my wife says its old age. I told her, if she keeps it up, I'll lose the ring again.

Now it's my turn...:confused:

Not a knife, but my Chevy maintenance manual. That book has saved me thousands; maybe tens of thousands in repair costs since 1998.

It should have a place right next to my Bible....looked everywhere.

:s0125::s0054:

I lost my wedding ring for about 6 months. There it was, in its usual place where I take it off when I work on things. I have no idea how many deliberate searches and casual openings of that specific toolbox drawer where it was. I think space aliens are following me around, hiding my stuff and returning it randomly, my wife says its old age. I told her, if she keeps it up, I'll lose the ring again.
Whatever I'm looking for will not be found until I have given up completely and stopped looking because I know it's gone forever.

Faking it doesn't work. It has to be a no-shjt surrender, usually involving buying a new one, opening it and using whatever it is so it's no longer returnable. Losing the receipt always helps too.

Then, when I'm doing something different and not even thinking about it anymore, there it is, right in one of the twenty places I already checked 7-8 times last week when I was still looking.

Last Edited:
Funny, I just found 3/4 of my EDC items in 3 diferent places yesterday. My missing stream light 2AAA was under the bed... only found it cuz I just got a new adjustable base gel bed thing(so comfy... it even vibrates like the old hotel beds that you put a quarter in)
My Spyderco Dragonfly was in the cars center console hiding under a pile of stickers and patches I collected on my road trip... I thought it was a goner and had been carrying an alternate...
And my little Dime tool was in a little tackle box I keep small AR parts in.
never misplaced my LCP thank goodness.

@Caveman Jim... I got just 3 words for you:
tie a powerful magnet on to the end of a leader and go fishing! who knows what else you'd pullout.....
that might have been more than 3 words:D oh well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top