JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've torn half the house apart. Looked through the truck...twice. Checked half a dozen places that it shouldn't be...and of course it wasn't there. Checked the washing machine...because I've been known to wash it before. Looked through every pair of pants I've worn the last two weeks. Nothing. :s0092:

Where the hell could it be? I love that knife! :s0058:

Sorry. I just needed to vent with people who will understand. Carry on.

I feel you. Lost too many myself. I only own bright orange things because if it. That and I stopped carrying expensive knives. I've been rocking these inexpensive Ganzo knives, at 20 dollars or so, I won't be upset if one disappears.

710806FB-8081-4195-9E05-0470E3AD83C5.jpeg

I've
I feel you. Lost too many myself. I only own bright orange things because if it. That and I stopped carrying expensive knives. I've been rocking these inexpensive Ganzo knives, at 20 dollars or so, I won't be upset if one disappears.

View attachment 406109

I have never lost one. Well...since becoming an adult at least. I'm really good like that. Usually. This one is...geez, it's probably seven years old at this point. A Strider SnG. But I think it's here...somewhere. Crud.

I've

I have never lost one. Well...since becoming an adult at least. I'm really good like that. Usually. This one is...geez, it's probably seven years old at this point. A Strider SnG. But I think it's here...somewhere. Crud.
The ome spot I always tend to "misplace" mine is in the car. I always carry my knife in my right rear butt pocket and as the clip gets worn they seem to slide out while driving or something. Tend to find them sitting in the little area under the seat.

I had the same experience today - with a handgun less than 30 minutes after I cleaned it. After twice looking all over, I gave up and went back to cleaning and organizing and installing some new parts. As I put everything away this evening, there is was, in a holster, underneath the last rifle going back into the safe from the workbench. Always been a bit forgetful, but its getting worse. I'll go to the garage to get something and then just stand there thinking 'I know I came out here for a reason.' Sometimes I remember, and other times I have to go back to the room I was in. I'm usually met by the wife, who'll ask something like 'I thought you were going to get a screwdriver to fix this drawer.' Ah, yes. Then I fake it, and tell her I came back for a cup of coffee but will take care of that drawer in a little bit. :rolleyes:

I had the same experience today - with a handgun less than 30 minutes after I cleaned it. After twice looking all over, I gave up and went back to cleaning and organizing and installing some new parts. As I put everything away this evening, there is was, in a holster, underneath the last rifle going back into the safe from the workbench. Always been a bit forgetful, but its getting worse. I'll go to the garage to get something and then just stand there thinking 'I know I came out here for a reason.' Sometimes I remember, and other times I have to go back to the room I was in. I'm usually met by the wife, who'll ask something like 'I thought you were going to get a screwdriver to fix this drawer.' Ah, yes. Then I fake it, and tell her I came back for a cup of coffee but will take care of that drawer in a little bit. :rolleyes:

We must be psychic blood-brothers, same sheite different house, different wife!! LMAO

I found one of mine inside our couch....not under the cushion mind you, actually inside to where I had to cut a slot in the bottom covering to fish it out. ( heard a thunk when I tipped the couch up to vacuum under it )

I quit carrying expensive knives...have lost a Gerber, Benchmade and two Kershaws. My current daily is a $19 Chinese Kershaw...haven't managed to lose it yet :p

I have a system for everything or I loose it and find it in my house somewhere 'I'll never forget i put it there...'.

Had 11-12 years on the same kershaw blur but retired it (started to get into the sentimental stage and needed a beater for work) for an Esee Avespa 5-6 months ago.

I've only touched up the edge once the whole time with the D2 steel (and shaved a patch of hair on my neck at work I somehow missed while shaving.) With carbon fiber g10 scales it was only $50ish from knifworks.com.

So I would buy a new one if I lost it and not feel horrible even though I've grown fairly fond of the knife.

It's the not knowing wth happened to the last one that chaps my behind lol.

I feel your pain brother.

Turns out my knife is 9 years old. Man, where does the time go?

Must be the season. I lost my favorite this last week, a Chinese knock off, but a nice blade with seat belt cutter and glass breaker. It has to be somewhere, but I pulled out a old blade without the tools. May have to hit the BiMart in Redmond tomorrow and see if I can find a cheap one with the tools.

Put my old Carhart work jacket on this morning and did find one of my missing pepper spray canisters though. Of course I already bought another one.

I thought I lost my favorite Gerber once. That would have been the 2nd one. I've had this one for 25+ years.
I panicked.

But then I found it. I had stuck it in my sock, and somehow it had shifted around to the opposite side of my ankle.
Damifino how it did that, but I was glad it was still with me.

As much as I try, I can't buy cheap knives anymore. I appreciate the better steels that higher end blades are made with.
My last knife purchase was a ZT 0804 CF. Due to some shipping errors I ended up with 2 of them. Very well made knives.
I highly suggest either Benchmade or ZT for a replacement.

Last Edited:
Losing a knife is almost like losing a friend.
I have more than a few knives that count as a EDC knife and they get rotated , as a carry knife in turn.
Each has stories and memories behind it....always is a comfort to have a useful knife in my pocket.

I guess I feel this way 'cause of my Grandad and Dad ... each has given me a knife or two while growing up and both have impressed upon me as a kid , how carrying a knife and using it responsibly was a sign of trust.
This thought and memory has followed me all thru out my life.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads