JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a real hard time asking for something in return from the company because it is obviously my fault and negligence but maybe they can give me a better deal on a slide straight from the factory or something. Idk But if they do send me a free slide I will defiantly make it up to them with life long advertising and loyalty

In my experience, Glock has been good with customers and providing great service. If they don't want to replace it for a small fee.... assuming they won't do a free replacement, you also have the option of a lonewolf slide. Crap happens man... make the best of it. If I am not mistaking, if you get a stripped lonewolf slide, you can just transfer all the internals onto the new slide. I would make sure there is that plastic sleeve inside the slide where the firing pin slides into.

With the lone wolf you'll need a new sleeve. $5 . A lot of times they'll have a sale where they will give you a free barrel with a slide purchase. Ive had a couple where I got that deal. Mostly towards the winter months.

I have a real hard time asking for something in return from the company because it is obviously my fault and negligence but maybe they can give me a better deal on a slide straight from the factory or something. Idk But if they do send me a free slide I will defiantly make it up to them with life long advertising and loyalty

...and this is exactly the reason companies will often cut honest customers a lot of slack on boo boo's. It gives them advertising money can't buy - honest good will that gets communicated and shared, over and over. Definately contact Glock and talk to them. They may not give you one gratis, but they may cut you a heck of a good deal on a replacement. The handgun market is hyper competitive....it's in their best interest to do good here. I find myself in agreement with the guys here that say returning it to it's original position is probably completely safe, but like you I'd worry about it. Contacting Glock is absolutely the right thing to do.

....then again, they may say smack it back into line and don't worry about it.....:D

In any, event, good luck and let us know what they do for you.

I've machined on a few Glock slides. The Tennifer is below the black stuff, on top of the steel.
VERY thin layer, you can machine through it easily with high speed steel tooling.
Steel itself is a medium carbon. It's a few steps above mild steel---machines similar to 4140
or maybe ETD 150. No problems milling/drilling/tapping .

Yes I have saved that pic, haven't quite decided to use it yet, but that is a great find lol.
and yes I generally use more caution when assembling/disassembling but in this instance I was doing a quick cleaning and was in a hurry.
lesson learned and that's the type of lesson you wont soon forget

I would try and bend it back. Worst that will happen is it breaks then you are in the same boat any way. If Glock is going to replace the slide for you it won't matter if it is bent or broken. Same same. If they won't replace it you will be paying either way.

Last Edited:
Yes they told me to send it in and they will evaluate it. But they didn't say if they would fix it or how much it would cost. So I guess we will see. I will send it in soon. They emailed me back right away monday morning before 8 am even

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top