JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1
No you wouldn't know, unless there is holster squeak.

I support multi-gun, because depending on the environment you may go to x or y place, where you need a coat on or off, etc.

Well again,I think you carry what you are most proficient shooting and dress for that weapon.
What good does it do to carry something you are OK with,just because you wanted to wear a different shirt or coat?

Using multiple guns for EDC is just asking for trouble.You just can't be perfect with every gun you own.
You have one you shoot and handle the best.That's the one you should dress for,not the other way around.

How's that go? The most dangerous man is the one with one gun?

I agree with mjbskwim. That's why I went Glock vs. HK in the end. With the Glock I could select 4 different sizes of the exact same weapon and not have to worry about learning anything new relative to the manipulation of the pistol. I cannot always dictate what I wear, so I need the versatility of the varying sizes of the exact same gun. Now if they'd only make a single stack Glock.

Hate to stir up the big mag auto crowd, but my 442 with XTP handloads and CT grips is my carry gun 90% of the time...as many others in this thread have emphasized, its practice, practice, practice...carry safe, y'all

What good does it do to carry something you are OK with,just because you wanted to wear a different shirt or coat?

Sometimes people depending on what they do, cannot carry a full-sized pistol without raising some complications. If it were up to me, I would carry on my person a full-sized pistol every time I leave the house. Sometimes I can't, and I have to make a compromise. One can't always dress around the gun without raising suspicion if a set standard has been made. Also, IWB belt clips raise suspicion, even if the pistol itself is not visible. It's a shame people have to conceal carry to avoid the social stigmas that are associated with it. Time to find a new society if possible.

I assume you are against having a back up gun.

If I was forced to decide between carrying or not? I would do as much as possible to prevent the latter from happening. When choosing my friends, it's the same thing.

For all the Glock owners out there: I started to look into the Glock platform a bit more...why, I'm not really sure, but you can't beat the reliability. Anyway, while looking over the Glock compacts, I noticed that the grips look slightly different in shape than the full size Glocks. Is this correct, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

One other thing I've been thinking about is sticking with the same pistol caliber for now...that means sticking with the .45 ACP since I've already got a 1911. Now, I've heard of the .45 GAP and noticed that Glock has .45 Auto and .45 GAP pistol models. Just so it's clear to me, .45 Auto is not related to the .45 GAP...correct?

For all the Glock owners out there: I started to look into the Glock platform a bit more...why, I'm not really sure, but you can't beat the reliability. Anyway, while looking over the Glock compacts, I noticed that the grips look slightly different in shape than the full size Glocks. Is this correct, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

One other thing I've been thinking about is sticking with the same pistol caliber for now...that means sticking with the .45 ACP since I've already got a 1911. Now, I've heard of the .45 GAP and noticed that Glock has .45 Auto and .45 GAP pistol models. Just so it's clear to me, .45 Auto is not related to the .45 GAP...correct?
As i said in a previous post, the sub-compact Glocks have a totally different grip than the compacts and full sized ones.

Boy other than the length,I don't notice much difference in the two. But they all seem to fit my hands OK. G36 included.

The GAP was introduced by Glock (Glock Auto Pistol?) and I don't know if anyone else ever made a gun in that caliber.
And it is NOT the same as the 45ACP

Asp,delete some of your PMs .Your box is full.
As far as BUGs,I really don't see the need. Maybe for someone who wants to brawl first and take a chance of getting their primary taken from them.But I don't do that chit any more.

It's always interesting the vast difference of opinion when it comes to carry. There are so many variables. In the last five years of carrying I have changed my carry gun 7 times. Looking for the "perfect" carry gun is just a good excuse to buy another gun. The gun you carry can change if you are able to carry at work, depending on the type of work you do.
I find myself crawling under equipment and have to have a small light weapon that doesn't get in the way.
For small and light my Sig .380 or my S&W .38 revolver are the best, but I have decided on a Colt New Agent .45, at least until something in the gun shop case catches my eye.

I'm 5'6 and it's hard for me to make a fullsize 1911 dissapear on my frame.

I carry a Walther PPS in .40 S&W when I'm out and about and a Ruger LCP when I'm at work.

I'm 5'6 and it's hard for me to make a fullsize 1911 dissapear on my frame.

I carry a Walther PPS in .40 S&W when I'm out and about and a Ruger LCP when I'm at work.

I was going to carry my PPS .40, but it broke and is off for repair. Wish they would sent that back... I ordered a custom holster for the PPS and that hasn't shown up yet either.
My new 1911 Colt New Agent .45 is almost exactly the same size as the PPS .40. It may weigh slightly more, but it is real close to the same. The Colt is a single action only with no decocker, but otherwise a great gun.
I have owned enough handguns over the years to open a small store. Only have enough now to fill a small safe. I have no doubt many have owned more than me, but I'm trying to catch up, one paycheck at a time. The best thing now is I never sell guns, like I used to find a need to do in my younger years.

Went to the Wes Knodel Gun and Knife show in Centralia, Wa today to look at getting a handgun. I was able to get my hands on all the ones I was interest in to get a feel for them. Of all the ones I tried, I liked the S&W M&P and SA XDm 40 compacts the best. I ended up getting the SA XDm 40 compact from Woodland Guns and Ammo. I'm still in process of getting my CPL, so I have a 5 day wait until I can bring her home.

Here's a stock photo of the gun

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads