JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you have to consider intent of the bombers: neither Tunridges or Ayers intended to kill anyone. Ayers got away with bombing and is a tenured professor today. Had one of his bombs been detonated by police and killed someone, would Ayers be on death row? I doubt it. They all should be behind bars for life.

No I do not. The Anti-Government, Anti-Cop, Anti-Obama Turnbridges killed 2 police officers in the line of duty who were only trying to protect the public. Trying to spin this as some kind of "righties get the chair, lefties get off scott free" deal is absurd.

I've always thought a lottery process would be the best. Buy a lottery ticket and if you are the winner you get to do the execution. Have to provide your own weapon and bullets tho. The state wins several ways that way. Income provided by ticket sales could be directed toward criminal rehab or public schools!

HA! Reminds me of ol' Stalin.... "For some people, four walls are three too many"

That's interesting to look at it from a pure cost analysis perspective. I always looked at it as more of a right thing/wrong thing rather than the respective cost to Joe Taxpayer. Did Lars happen to mention where he got the info about every execution deterring 20 others from committing a crime that could lead to the death penalty. I'm pro death penalty but not because it's a deterrent which I don't think it is but because it's justice and people should get what they deserve.
He got it from a few different studies done by some research company, if I remember right. The cost argument comes up fairly often and this was research done to refute that argument.
I believe in doing what is right but what is right is different to everyone. Some will want these guys to rot while thinking about what they had done every day.

These guys will just rot in jail at our expense for the rest of their lives. Oregon has almost 40 people on death row, and there have been only two executions since 1962, both involving cases in which the inmate asked to expedite the sentence. None in the last 13 years.

So remember when you get all juiced about getting tough on crime and vote for mandatory minimum sentences and the death penalty -- in practical terms, you are voting for an increase in the size and power of government and an increase in spending. You are voting for bigger government and higher taxes.

And no, in America you don't get to just haul them out the door of the courthouse and hang them to save money, as much as you would like to do so.

I know next to nothing about it...why did they leave a bomb next to a bank if they disliked the government? What does that have to do with it and what was their explanation for this? Was it a robbery?

End their life like today! Save everybody a bunch of money. There are people out there w/o jobs, security, homes, food and everything we take for granted. Now these a holes get 3 squares a day, full medical and dental, gym membership, books, and God knows what else when people trying to survive get squat. Something wrong with that picture. I will start the IV for free. Totally unfair to the rest of us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top