JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My bad I didn't see the other thread:confused:. Definitely fishy story. I once dropped a fully loaded glock 20 about 7-8' onto concrete with it landing squarely on the back of the slide. Marred the finish a bit and chipped the crete but no discharge.

Last Edited:
You know how when a hub cap come off and passes you going down the road? I've had that exact same thing happen with a Glock, that thing bounced at least a dozen times, probably quite a bit more, it did not go bang.

If you're playing after market stuff, confirm it is still drop safe regardless of what the manufacturer says.

That said, something definitely smells in this case.

They conveniently used the semi auto handgun term. How ever this happened I can't see the round hitting 2 people let alone 2 in the head ?
Some of the Journalism I read these days . Looks to have zero Facts or research .

Maybe gun was modified
If you're playing after market stuff, confirm it is still drop safe regardless of what the manufacturer says.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Not saying it is THE answer but yes an AD can happen to a Glock with an improperly modified trigger.

I've been working on my G34 trigger this winter. Bought a Lone Wolf adjustible Glock trigger and then started watching all the JohhnyGlock vids. The ways to screw up that he illustrates was so bad that I put the Lone Wolf trigger away and bought a JohhnyGlocks trigger that comes set up and guaranteed to be safe.

For illustration:

safeaction-famousfour-sketch4.jpg

1. There is a leaf in the center of the trigger shoe that extends rearward to the frame. The trigger cannot be moved unless this lever is moved out of the way by depressing the trigger. However, some people modify/cut this plastic leaf to take out some pretravel. Cut the leaf too short and there is no trigger blocking. If the trigger is moved to the rear when it is not being blocked, this will defeat the other two safeties.

2. The firing pin safety can be defeated by a screw installed, or on say a Lone Wolf trigger or other adjustable trigger, that moves the trigger bar too far to the rear to decrease pretravel, causing the hump on the trigger bar to push the firing pin safety up, disengaging it even tho the trigger is not pressed by a finger. With the firing pin safety in proper safe position, the striker cannot hit the primer even if released.

3. The drop safety can be defeated by taking out too much pretravel, causing the cruciform of the trigger bar/sear to come off the safety shelf when bumped and the sear to release the striker/firing pin. This may not be fateful if the firing pin safety is in position, but if not...

Again, I'm not saying this is what happened. But this is what CAN happen when amateurs like me modify the Glock trigger system instead of a qualified Glock Armorer.

Otherwise, the most likely explanation is that he made a grab for it and got his finger on the trigger. The supposed Glock was reportedly tucked in the back of his waistband... so, no holster. They are paying the price in either case.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads