JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I say make them quadriplegic and put them on display. They want fame? There it is. Make them a freak exhibition to be stared at, spat on or whatever. They'll never be able to do anything for themselves and they will live a long time knowing they weren't heroes, just contemptible wretched failures.
Cruel and unusual I know, but so are these mass killers.

Nah, can't abide agin the 8th any more than the 2nd, just kill 'em.

Given the state of our legal system, deterrence isn't as important as revolving door recidivism... major problem solved right there.

Aggravated murder, rape, and kidnapping "were" all capital crimes. The death penalty isn't really about "deterrence"...it's about justice.

Eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth isn't good enough for me. Eyes for an eye, and teeth for a tooth.... that's my motto! ;)

I totally agree, but in a way, its backwards because we only use it or consider it on offenses that have the lowest rates of recidivism. The vast majority of murderers will never do it again. Same with rapists.

Now...if we opened it up to habitual offenders, we'd be talking. By the time you have your 10th felony, you probably aren't worth saving.

I totally agree, but in a way, its backwards because we only use it or consider it on offenses that have the lowest rates of recidivism. The vast majority of murderers will never do it again. Same with rapists.

Now...if we opened it up to habitual offenders, we'd be talking. By the time you have your 10th felony, you probably aren't worth saving.

The term "bleeding heart liberal" comes to mind.

They would need to create an executive order to fast track execute them. I'm 100% for it. I would say firing squad would be appropriate.

Anyone who has lived in Texas knows there are innocent people in prison. They scare you with life so you will take 10 years, 25 years so you will take 2, 10 so you will take probation. It's all about convictions, not justice. I imagine it's like that in many places.

Having said that, I fully agree we should kill these mass killing MFers quickly. I think we should have televised stoning with the families throwing the rocks. The sad thing here is that we are supposed to be GD sure we have convicted a guilty person, but we know it's not always so, demonstrated by our hesitation to quickly put down murderers, rapists, etc. Perhaps if we also had penalties for those who knowingly convict (looking at you, DAs) and some type of penalty for false accusers, it would help. Maybe we just keep pretending our current system is correct and only stone the mass killers, but something has to be done. I'm also for throwing in anyone with multiple felony convictions. The new left is getting even softer on jail sentencing, while simultaneously calling for gun bans. It's a recipe for disaster any fool should be able to see. Sorry, early morning coffee rant..

But, sob, but, but, sob, but those poor souls in prison aren't 100% all guilty.

Right you are, but the overwhelming majority are, but because an infinitesimal few were wrongly convicted means no criminal should ever serve time in prison or ever be executed for a heinous crime because the system isn't 100% foolproof.

Hhmmmm, nope, I don't buy that argument after all.

The only difference in this respect between a death sentence and life is that with a life sentence is no risk of a prisoner being found innocent after they have been executed.

Nope, now the topic is death sentence vs a life sentence? Sorry, that is not what we were discussing. Not gonna change the subject on me.

The question was whether somebody should be executed within a short time of sentencing. Your assertion was that due to the 4% error rate, many would be executed before they could be found innocent, and you asked how that would improve the statistic.

It doesn't. But given that the prisoners will eventually be executed anyway, there will always be a error rate that goes unresolved. IMO ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.

I think what you really want is the elimination of the death penalty. Why don't you just say so...

According to a few, criminals are the result of an unfair justice system.

The old cliche of picking up a Bald Eagle feather making one a felon likely to end up in prison and other such wacky law anomalies amount to a huge percentage of innocent civilians in prison...

Gimme a break.

The vast majority in prison...belong there.

Or, deserve the death penalty.

Soft on crime and criminals - oh right, you're one of those folks, gotcha!

Nope, now the topic is death sentence vs a life sentence? Sorry, that is not what we were discussing. Not gonna change the subject on me.

The question was whether somebody should be executed within a short time of sentencing. Your assertion was that due to the 4% error rate, many would be executed before they could be found innocent, and you asked how that would improve the statistic.

It doesn't. But given that the prisoners will eventually be executed anyway, there will always be a error rate that goes unresolved. IMO ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.

I think what you really want is the elimination of the death penalty. Why don't you just say so...

In our current system, I am against the death penalty. Simply too easy to manipulate / abuse.

If our system included what @leadcounsel mentioned. True unalterable evidence, witnesses, suspect caught in the act, limited retrials...absolutely swift punishment of death!

I'd ad in no claims of insanity, under the influence of something etc. etc. Doesn't matter, as someone committing such heinous acts would have to be insanely evil (my opinion) to begin with. Also wouldn't matter if they were drugged/drunk/both, to me.

Its just that our current system is too easily corruptible, even when done honestly. Bigger purse can get better legal counsel which can maneuver the system better, motion, access experts etc.

If one truly innocent person is put to death, then our entire system is a failure. IMO.

And, I can't stand the fact that the guilty are bedded & boarded at our expense.

And for another opinion: The system isn't perfect, I understand.

A few innocents will be imprisoned or put to death.

So, if we haven't the stomach for accepting an imperfect system, do what exactly?

Arrest no one... ever?

Let anarchy reign lest in the arrest net 'one' innocent may get trapped?

That doesn't work for me.

Most, not always, dirt bags get arrested as they should and get taken off the street so they can't prey on us as food for them....

And for another opinion: The system isn't perfect, I understand.

A few innocents will be imprisoned or put to death.

So, if we haven't the stomach for accepting an imperfect system, do what exactly?

Arrest no one... ever?

Let anarchy reign lest in the arrest net 'one' innocent may get trapped?

That doesn't work for me.

Most, not always, dirt bags get arrested as they should and get taken off the street so they can't prey on us as food for them....

No. Lock them up. Should be the minimum possible to sustain life, without comforts & remain humane.

If they're innocent, then their case may be picked up by some group like the innocence project, or a private practice pro-bono.

Put them to death (again, current system), there is no taking that back.

Our entire system is a mess, not only Capitol type cases.

Truth in sentencing is a joke.

Heroin & meth possession is like a ticket, with an overnight stay & a summons, if that.

Prisons & jails are overcrowded...so just let folks go. What the heck is that?

Plea bargains, whom golfs with whom, or whom interned where, or all other sorts of connections to gain favor/lesser charges.

Let's not move the goal posts. We're not talking about the fringe cases of weak but enough evidence, circumstantial evidence, contradictory witnesses but yet a conviction, serious due process issues, insanity defense issues, other problematic court rulings, ineffective assistance of counsel, etc. etc. Clearly those are not the cases ripe for a swift execution.

Again, the cases ripe for swift execution is for example: Jimmy brings bombs and a sword to a mall, and attacks and kills 12 people while holding dozens hostage in a police stand off until he is subdued red handed with the bloody sword and bombs. He talked about it on his social media, videos show him driving his car to the mall with the swords, entering the mall, killing 12 people with the sword... He was caught with it by police. His voice is recorded on police radios when speaking to LEO HRT personnel. Witnesses got plainly clear long term observation of him. He has no twins to mistake his ID. He was apprehended, read his rights, and invoked his right to counsel where he was not interrogated and immediately granted counsel. A proper search warrant based on Probable Cause was issued and his home searched and items relevant seized, demonstrating plans for the attack.

His ID and actions are unmistakably 100% verified with no other possible or plausible person or mistaken ID or explanation. There are no due process issues. No rights warnings issues. He was given a fair expedient trial. No discernible trial issues. A fair impartial jury was properly instructed and convicted him and sentenced him to death. In such a case there is no cause for lengthy housing and appeals. He did it, was caught doing it, rights were fully protected, and convicted and sentenced to death. Execution should occur swiftly. Perhaps 1 opportunity for appeal to raise any issue he or his counsel deem important, and then death. Six months maximum timeframe.

Exhibit A in the argument for rapid implementation of capital punishment:

He actually videotaped himself sexually abusing and murdering a 9 year old boy, after slaughtering the boy's mother, her boyfriend and her 13 year old son. Then he continued his sexual abuse of the 8 year old girl, the sole survivor of the family until he was apprehended in Spokane. WHY is he still breathing? :mad:

Exhibit A in the argument for rapid implementation of capital punishment:

He actually videotaped himself sexually abusing and murdering a 9 year old boy, after slaughtering the boy's mother, her boyfriend and her 13 year old son. Then he continued his sexual abuse of the 8 year old girl, the sole survivor of the family until he was apprehended in Spokane. WHY is he still breathing? :mad:

Seriously - If that is not a LIST of offenses warranting a capital punishment, then just get rid of it, M'kay?

Fix the trial system, don't throw out the death penalty.

I'm all in for a life for a life. No country club living until we finally get around to exercising the death warrant.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top