JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't see it as a deterrent, but as a cost savings for the taxpayer. No need to pay for those scum to continue wasting our good air. I'd prefer if they were all dealt with on the scene, but this is better than nothing.

If they get a life sentence rather than the death penalty, it costs us tax payer a fortune to house and feed them. And taking 20 years for a death penalty case to work its way through the court system cost us a bloody fortune.
What happened to a speedy trial? And then prompt execution?

I've got to agree with public executions on these, and fast. Removing the "rock star for a day" factor in these kinds of acts is crucial to reducing their frequency, crying at the gallows might work for some of them. Short of media cooperation, which we'll never get, I don't see how to stop the aggrandizing that happens when one of these nutballs hurts a lot of innocent people. They like to blame the weapon, but the media is turning these people into public darlings every single time.

I don't see deterrence as a proper use for a death penalty. It should be treated as an admission that "this is a person that we will have zero chance to reintegrate into society. If we kill an offender to send a message, I would consider that unjust. Death should be used when a person is irrecoverable. Extension to that, I think the death penalty should have a higher burden of proof than ordinary sentences. We've had way too many death row inmates exonerated.

On the other hand, when it is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt...the whole dying of old age thing waiting for your sentence to be carried out? That's a problem. I wish I could remember the name, but there's a serial killer with multiple death sentences still around 20 years after the sentence was handed down.

There is no "fast track" death penalty, even in Republican controlled states. The average death row inmate in Republican controlled Texas is there for 10.87 years. This is hot air generated to get headlines.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads