JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I am planning to buy a CZ83 in 32ACP. I love this pistol and I know the round might not be powerful for defense but I am planning to get it for fun shooting. Does anybody have it? how do you like it ?

I understand the ammo can be bit expensive as compared to 9mm but I am so obsessed with this one.. that I want to have it :D. Is the ammo readily available ? I have seen it at the wally world.

any tips and reviews highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I think 32ACP is worthless. I had a 32 ACP and was shooting a thin plate of metal. It didn't go through, but a .22 did go through also shot from a pistol. I know that's not much of a test, but really why .32? Get the .380 if you like the CZ83.

32cap is a limited caliber powerwise but for a range toy it is plenty fun! I have a Walther in 32 that is a joy to shoot. More boom than a 22lr and still easy as pie to shoot. If you like the gun get it! You will probably never regret it and I doubt it will remain your only pistol for long :) If you do need it for defensive use, just know the calibers limits so think multiple hits and aim for the face.

I would guess that anyone badmouthing the 32acp would not stand and let you shoot them center of mass. I say guess because once in a while a pure idiot posts here. Of course it would not usually be a first choice for anyone for self protection but saying it is useless is absurd. Euorpean guns generaly have longer barrels which improve balistics and used 32acp for decades for police and military use. The 32acp is a pleasure to shoot and affordable if you buy online. Still more than 22 of course. Too many people confuse assualting hamburger hill with personal protection and want a pistol that will shoot through their house and their neighbors house and maybe the next house for personal protection. Buy the pistol and practice and enjoy it.

I am planning to buy a CZ83 in 32ACP. I love this pistol and I know the round might not be powerful for defense but I am planning to get it for fun shooting. Does anybody have it? how do you like it ?

It shoots accurately and it goes boom. So what is it that's not powerful enough? Nobody likes to get shot and no bad guy likes to see people pulling out a gun. Even a well placed .22RL is powerful enough so I would say the 32ACP is plenty good for home defense. Don't let anybody else to tell you differently.

I have a CZ-82 and like it very much. I have large hands and have found that after a box of ammo, I will get hammerbite. I have not figured out if it is in my grip, or just a function of my hand and that gun. Having said that, the platform is very nice, and very comforable to hold. I would also reccomend the 82 (or 83 in 9x18) as it has the polygonal chrome barrel. 9x18 is the more powerful of the three rounds available, and I would definitely consider it "snappy" in that frame even with stiffer recoil springs...

32cap is a limited caliber powerwise but for a range toy it is plenty fun! I have a Walther in 32 that is a joy to shoot. More boom than a 22lr and still easy as pie to shoot. If you like the gun get it! You will probably never regret it and I doubt it will remain your only pistol for long :) If you do need it for defensive use, just know the calibers limits so think multiple hits and aim for the face.

I understand that the round would be weak as compared to 45 and a 9mm but its fun to shoot at the range :)

I would guess that anyone badmouthing the 32acp would not stand and let you shoot them center of mass. I say guess because once in a while a pure idiot posts here. Of course it would not usually be a first choice for anyone for self protection but saying it is useless is absurd. Euorpean guns generaly have longer barrels which improve balistics and used 32acp for decades for police and military use. The 32acp is a pleasure to shoot and affordable if you buy online. Still more than 22 of course. Too many people confuse assualting hamburger hill with personal protection and want a pistol that will shoot through their house and their neighbors house and maybe the next house for personal protection. Buy the pistol and practice and enjoy it.

Well I love the caliber and want to start with this caliber as my first pistol. I have shot almost all the calibers in pistol and revolver at the ranges and I love them all but its just that I want to get this one for sure.

It shoots accurately and it goes boom. So what is it that's not powerful enough? Nobody likes to get shot and no bad guy likes to see people pulling out a gun. Even a well placed .22RL is powerful enough so I would say the 32ACP is plenty good for home defense. Don't let anybody else to tell you differently.

I agree, a well placed .22 is lethal. The reason why I said it is less powerful is because I was comparing the 32 with other high caliber rounds.

I still have a question about ammo? is 32ACP readily available ?

Midway USA carrys 29 different 32ACP loadings looks like about 1/3 of it is on backorder (but then a lot of ammo in always on backorder)

If you want to know if you can buy it local pickup the yellow pages and a phone make a couple calls see who has what in stock.

Federal .32ACP throws a 71gr FMJ slug at 900fps with 126flbs of energy from a 4" barrel plenty to mess up someone day.

Grizzly .32ACP Self defense throws a 45gr segmented hollow point slug at 1200fps

Midway USA carrys 29 different 32ACP loadings looks like about 1/3 of it is on backorder (but then a lot of ammo in always on backorder)

If you want to know if you can buy it local pickup the yellow pages and a phone make a couple calls see who has what in stock.

Federal .32ACP throws a 71gr FMJ slug at 900fps with 126flbs of energy from a 4" barrel plenty to mess up someone day.

Grizzly .32ACP Self defense throws a 45gr segmented hollow point slug at 1200fps

I totally agree on the fps, I am sure it would be fun to shoot.

I am planning to buy this one !

cz83.jpg

cz83.jpg

I have had a CZ82 in 9x18 Mak. I would expect the CZ 83 in .32 acp to be very accurate and easy to shoot well, considering the cartridge, the weight and ergos of the pistol and the fixed barrel.

The .32 acp has a very good reputation for accuracy and I have gotten good results in lessor pistols, like the Colt 1903 and excellent results with the Walther PP. While probably not anyone's first choice for SD, it would do (and has done) if it had to.

.32 auto is locally available at BiMart in Remington UMC.

Look and measure are different. The .380 case is roughly .046" in diameter larger then the .32 ACP this convets to MORE powder. More powder equals more speed or the same speed with a heavier bullet which equals more knock down power.

Last Edited:
32cap is a limited caliber powerwise but for a range toy it is plenty fun! I have a Walther in 32 that is a joy to shoot. More boom than a 22lr and still easy as pie to shoot. If you like the gun get it! You will probably never regret it and I doubt it will remain your only pistol for long :)

Must agree with this post. I also have a Walther - an old PP in .32acp - that's a range gun. Pretty good pop. For what it's worth, seems to me .32 is more similar to .380 than to .25 when it comes recoil.

IMG_3633.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads