Cz 75 fans have you seen this?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by snarlingdog, May 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

Just picked up a cz 75 sp01. And I saw this weird barrel Mark's. I know the barrels are hammer forged but I have never seen two different colors of metal on a cz barrel before. And it wouldn't bother me except it shoots low when it gets hot. Like a hole mag and the last 8 of the 18 are shooting lower. The picture of the target is 10 rounds the first shots are center the the last 4 are lower. This is at 5 yards. And then I added pictures of the barrel
    20190524_191747.jpg 20190524_225918.jpg 20190524_225922.jpg

NW Backpacker likes this.
  2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo
    Milwaukie

Just the finshish wearing off.....yours looks darn near new compared to mine.
    I will say, Ive never had any POI shift though, so you may have something else going on.

P7id10T and snarlingdog like this.
  3. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

I was shooting my p320 at the same distances and they where on poi. So it wasnt me

Flopsweat and NW Backpacker like this.
  4. Flopsweat

Flopsweat
    Slightly right of center

I've seen wear like that before but not that severe, especially on a new gun. Hard to be sure from a picture though.

Have you tested the POI drop when shooting from the bench? Does it happen with other shooters? How many times has it happened? Just trying to eliminate variables. I've had weird stuff like this happen a few times in a row and then go away. I've chalked it up to me being my usual, flawed human self, to random chance or to unknown variables.

I've had a few CZ's over the years and shot several more. I've never seen them change POI after they warm up. If it's consistently repeatable I'd contact CZ. Or Velzey. :)

NW Backpacker likes this.
  5. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

This was the first time I shot it and I was by myself. I didn't rest it cause it was getting dark out. It was a used gun too so who knows what the other person did or why they got rid of it. I'm guessing I'm going to find that it's me but it's odd. I have pictures of targets from my last 3 CZS that I got and all where bullseye on first shot out of the box.

I have never seen wear on a barrel like that on top. There is normal slide wear on the end of the barrel but the dark cone shape is new to me.
    I guess I just need to go back to the range and take only that gun and shoot a few hundred more rounds. Maybe try my reloads this time. I always try factory ammo on new guns so I can leave bad reloads out of any issues that night pop up.

I did send the pictures of the barrel to cz to see what they say.

NW Backpacker and Flopsweat like this.
  6. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

Ok I just watched a guy YouTube video with 3k rounds and its normal barrel wear

Pops1911, Flopsweat and NW Backpacker like this.
  7. Mr Smith

Mr Smith
    54 68 65 20 73 74 69 63 6b 73

I wouldn't sweat it. Looks like it's still grouping quite well. wear it out and buy a new barrel! Save the old one as a trophy/testament to a great firearm.

8. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

I might just need bigger sights lol I am hitting older for these small stock cz sights

9. NW Backpacker

NW Backpacker
    In the hills
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yup, appears to be normal wear. From youtube:

upload_2019-5-25_14-57-41.png

10. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland
    Sniper Bird! (What Retch Sweeney would say) Bronze Supporter

Since it's not symmetrical at all best just toss it.

Lol, jk

NW Backpacker and snarlingdog like this.
  11. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

Range visit #2. It is completely me being off the other day with that gun. I guess I've been shooting too much striker fire guns. Still don't have the most confidence in myself with this gun but a few more visits with I'll be better.
    20190605_160430.jpg

Past 10yds the front sight and the target are the same size. And my ranges first 10 yards is also covered with no lights so I think that's playing in my shooting ability when I'm shooting past 10 yards in to a darker area.

Flopsweat, Camelfilter and DB Wesner like this.
  12. RVTECH

RVTECH
    Wickiup Junction

You might want to consider something like the LPA Hi Profile sights I installed on my CZ 75BD
    Major Improvement!
    IMG_1248.JPG

Mikej, Flopsweat and snarlingdog like this.
  13. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

I have been looking around. Those are very adjustable sights. I was thinking dawson Precision sights. But I'll probably try them on my p320 first. I dont need night sights that's for sure.

14. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

Ive added Mepro night sights to my P01. The standard sights works somehow. Maybe subliminally because you can't actually see them. The Mepro sights were fairly inexpensive and spot on when fitted.

15. P7id10T

P7id10T
    Road to Nowhere
    Fishing in an Einstein-Rosen Bridge 2018 Volunteer

Two barrels from CZ 75's, approx round count in the photo....

CZ_Barrels.jpg

Dungannon, Flopsweat and snarlingdog like this.