JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a cz 75 sp01. And I saw this weird barrel Mark's. I know the barrels are hammer forged but I have never seen two different colors of metal on a cz barrel before. And it wouldn't bother me except it shoots low when it gets hot. Like a hole mag and the last 8 of the 18 are shooting lower. The picture of the target is 10 rounds the first shots are center the the last 4 are lower. This is at 5 yards. And then I added pictures of the barrel
20190524_191747.jpg 20190524_225918.jpg 20190524_225922.jpg

Just the finshish wearing off.....yours looks darn near new compared to mine.
I will say, Ive never had any POI shift though, so you may have something else going on.

I've seen wear like that before but not that severe, especially on a new gun. Hard to be sure from a picture though.

Have you tested the POI drop when shooting from the bench? Does it happen with other shooters? How many times has it happened? Just trying to eliminate variables. I've had weird stuff like this happen a few times in a row and then go away. I've chalked it up to me being my usual, flawed human self, to random chance or to unknown variables.

I've had a few CZ's over the years and shot several more. I've never seen them change POI after they warm up. If it's consistently repeatable I'd contact CZ. Or Velzey. :)

This was the first time I shot it and I was by myself. I didn't rest it cause it was getting dark out. It was a used gun too so who knows what the other person did or why they got rid of it. I'm guessing I'm going to find that it's me but it's odd. I have pictures of targets from my last 3 CZS that I got and all where bullseye on first shot out of the box.

I have never seen wear on a barrel like that on top. There is normal slide wear on the end of the barrel but the dark cone shape is new to me.
I guess I just need to go back to the range and take only that gun and shoot a few hundred more rounds. Maybe try my reloads this time. I always try factory ammo on new guns so I can leave bad reloads out of any issues that night pop up.

I did send the pictures of the barrel to cz to see what they say.

I wouldn't sweat it. Looks like it's still grouping quite well. wear it out and buy a new barrel! Save the old one as a trophy/testament to a great firearm.

Range visit #2. It is completely me being off the other day with that gun. I guess I've been shooting too much striker fire guns. Still don't have the most confidence in myself with this gun but a few more visits with I'll be better.
20190605_160430.jpg

Past 10yds the front sight and the target are the same size. And my ranges first 10 yards is also covered with no lights so I think that's playing in my shooting ability when I'm shooting past 10 yards in to a darker area.

Ive added Mepro night sights to my P01. The standard sights works somehow. Maybe subliminally because you can't actually see them. The Mepro sights were fairly inexpensive and spot on when fitted.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top