JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CT lawmakers announced their new "negotiated" gun rights bill, meaning there's going to be little public debate. I have to give them credit for working on the mental health and insurance problems, but the creation of a magazine registry? Really? And no funding for all the new permits that are required.

It is expected this will pass and all provisions become effective upon signing by the governor.

Gun Violence Provisions

http://www.cga.ct.gov/ASaferConnecticut/docs/GVPP.pdf

School Safety Provisions

http://www.cga.ct.gov/ASaferConnecticut/docs/SSP.pdf

Mental Health Provisions

http://www.cga.ct.gov/ASaferConnecticut/docs/MHP.pdf

I can't imagine Colt is happy, although they probably sell next to nothing to CT residents anyway.

A MAGAZINE registry? And how many bullets you can put in a magazine depends on when you bought your handgun?

And centerfire, semiautos can only be bought by those age 21 and over?

They would also prohibit having a 10+ round magazine that extends beyond the grip and having more than 10 rounds in a magazine unless you're at home or a shooting range.

A permit to buy ammunition? If a couple more states by them do something similar, I could see an ammunition business popping up in Vermont.

Pretty draconian.

MA already has a permit needed to buy ammunition, as well as a FOID card to buy anything. It looks to me like a mirror of their system.

Apparently they have never heard of an ex post facto law:

An ex post facto law (Latin for "from after the action" or "after the fact"), also called a retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law. In criminal law, it may criminalize actions that were legal when committed; it may aggravate a crime by bringing it into a more severe category than it was in when it was committed; it may change the punishment prescribed for a crime, as by adding new penalties or extending sentences; or it may alter the rules of evidence in order to make conviction for a crime likelier than it would have been when the deed was committed. Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the United States Constitution in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3

I have to wonder if the mental health provisions of the law, particularly the ban on firearms following voluntary admission to a psychiatric facility will actually decrease public safety. It seems like the laws have further deterred people who might need help from getting it.

But to everyone else's point . . . the regulations on magazines are just ridiculous.

The stupidity of this entire thing is the very IDEA that anyone needs to do ANYTHING in response to an event that's so rare as to only occur once every 80 years or so.

Typical BS sheep mentality. "Oh noes! We must DO SOMETHING in response to an event that has less than 10,0000-1 odds of ever happening again in our state!"

The people of the US are the only thing that let these ridiculous bills or laws have any affect on us or any authority over us, the same goes for our government/dictator that forces them apon us little by little.
If you belive it is bad now picture 8-10 years from now, if we allow it to get to that point

The people of the US are the only thing that let these ridiculous bills or laws have any affect on us or any authority over us, the same goes for our government/dictator that forces them apon us little by little.
If you belive it is bad now picture 8-10 years from now, if we allow it to get to that point

The problem is that WE (that's right, you and me) have allowed our areas to become so gun-phobic in the first place.

When's the last time YOU volunteered to take Boy Scouts to gun safety classes?

Exactly. This is in part, ALL of our faults. We need to do a better job with youth. That's the generation of tomorrow.

But fear not! Mythbusters et al are still doing our job.

Tell me how I have let these people get so gun phobic? now dont get me wrong I am part of this country also but when you try to explain that firearms are not the problem to people who have been brainwashed by the media to think that guns are responsible for crime and they look at you almost as a criminal for saying otherwise, I will not take responsibility for that for 1 second. now I agree that the children of america need help but I do belive that teaching the children is up to the parents/friends and family more than anything because that is who children will TRULY listen to rather than a stranger they do not know. I try my best with the kids that are in the family because I have no children of my own but my family and friends ALL teach there children properly of rights and freedoms as my father taught me.
I did not vote for this president and I did not spend 17 trillion dollars to leave the younger generations the debt. I pay my taxes which increase every paycheck/end of year it seems and am a legal citizen. I have not put the TV shows on television that promote sex and drugs and I do not sign the welfare check to the people who have never had a job and have 5 children living off the taxes out of yours and my pocket. I have been responsible in never having children because I cannot afford it so I have a VERY hard time seeing how this society is MY fault what so ever?

Tell me how I have let these people get so gun phobic? now dont get me wrong I am part of this country also but when you try to explain that firearms are not the problem to people who have been brainwashed by the media to think that guns are responsible for crime and they look at you almost as a criminal for saying otherwise, I will not take responsibility for that for 1 second. now I agree that the children of america need help but I do belive that teaching the children is up to the parents/friends and family more than anything because that is who children will TRULY listen to rather than a stranger they do not know. I try my best with the kids that are in the family because I have no children of my own but my family and friends ALL teach there children properly of rights and freedoms as my father taught me.
I did not vote for this president and I did not spend 17 trillion dollars to leave the younger generations the debt. I pay my taxes which increase every paycheck/end of year it seems and am a legal citizen. I have not put the TV shows on television that promote sex and drugs and I do not sign the welfare check to the people who have never had a job and have 5 children living off the taxes out of yours and my pocket. I have been responsible in never having children because I cannot afford it so I have a VERY hard time seeing how this society is MY fault what so ever?
Its your fault because you DIDNT have any kids! You were supposed to have 12 so they could vote for gun rights!!!! the Mormons call it bleeding the beast, the Illegal Mexicans call it taking back their homeland! Its all based on having tons of kids to take back what is yours! get busy!!!!!! :s0140:

As a lifelong Colt Firearm owner, I would really like for Colt to move out of Connecticut, and will be watching closely to see what happens. They have been there a long time, but how can you continue to manufacture products that are illegal to consume in your own home state?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top