JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New anti-gun push in Illinois and what do you want to bet it will spread?

If your FOID card lapses or is revoked and you fail to surrender your card and dispossess your firearm/s, your DL get's suspended. In addition, if you are subject to a red flag order... with no due process... the same result. Comply or your DL is suspended.

That's taking "compliance is not optional" to a whole new level.

Retaliation for the low compliance to their recent registration scheme?? I haven't looked into it, but I would just about bet that failing to register is grounds to have your FOID revoked(?) If so, it's not hard to see the game plan they are cooking up to punish those who would dare defy his highness.

114 tried to FOID us that so far hasn't worked out real well.
FOID card is a simple background check and a $10 fee. There is no mandatory training, fingerprinting, or FBI check. You can do it online.

Much different from M114, so I wouldn't put it past them to try to push something like this through. It's an emotional investment and a matter of revenge for them at this point.

Not merely expired, revoked.

Yes the bill is trash, but let's discuss it accurately.
Yes.. let's do. 👍

Failure to renew is indeed not specifically noted in that bill, and the new bill should not be considered "comprehensive" regarding FOID regulations and violation penalties that may trickle in under the new law. The only thing it is doing is changing the DMV regulations to allow your DL to be suspended if you fail to comply.

I included it to make note that, not long ago, failing to renew was changed to a class A misdemeanor or class 3 or 4 felony. Any of which can earn you a "suspended/revoked" status. IOW, disqualify you from obtaining a new FOID and require that you dispossess yourself of your firearms.

Failure to comply with "suspended/revoked" FOID privilege's then earns you the same result. A suspended DL, too.

Just "connecting the dots" when considering the potential ramifications.

*Side note: There are some cases where a FOID will be auto renewed, but if not then failing to renew may also see your CCL suspended for up to a year, or until your FOID is renewed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top