JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At the rate these shootings keep happening, it's pretty well impossible to believe further gun control is going to be off the table- I mean I don't think for a second any more gun control than we have will prevent crime any more than the rest of you- it just seems like now with the internet, every shooting everywhere in the country makes the mainstream news...Cue the absurd moral outrage in 3...2...1...
Two officers killed, two wounded in Louisiana shooting | Reuters

Nope.
Fight harder.

If a person is brazen enough to shoot a police officer, he'll shoot a civilian in a heartbeat.

They're going to brow-beat people every time a shooting happens, and people are being overwhelmed at the moment.
There are international powers trying to remove our 2A rights, but those rights are Unalienable. Not Inalienable, like they're trying to sneak into the discussion, because inalienable means they're given, therefore can be taken... But unalienable, meaning inherent.

Never give up the fight, or give in one bit. Fight harder. Get on the liberal boards & mount the offensive first, to cut them off & have the prohibitionists fighting a defensive battle.
The most dedicated wins.

I saw this story this morning. it's really sad but i am surprised it's not in the news more often. have you been to the south? Picture mall ninjas lit out of their minds and that certain "southern rebel" spirit raging. There's shooting everyday and it's not a good thing but you just have to defend your rights.

the number of shootings hasn't really changed what has changed is the rate of reporting and the scope of the reporting. A local shooting that wouldn't make the evening news now will because someone in charge whats it to appear as if a certain type of crime is becoming more common.

That's really my point Mark- now in the internet age there is so much immediate information every shooting gets national press now when it didn't before. It just sucks the gun haters are getting so much ammunition to support their ludicrous views, courtesy of psychos, via the interwebs. Daily it seems...

With the economy going further in the crapper it's only going to get worse think back 4yrs we never had this much violence, but when you dvide the country the way this administration has it causes this kind of reaction, from folks with nothing to loose . when they are working and happy no violence or much much less

I am going to guess the psycho who shot up Colorado is inspiring the rest of the psychos to come out of the woodwork. a sad day for those who support out 2nd amendment rights. as whats being said before, it makes it all that much harder for us and so much easier for the libs to try and pass legislation regulating our firearms.

I think, your average pleb, is to uninformed or brainwashed to understand that gun control will only affect the law abiding citizens and the criminals will still have their guns and they will be nothing but prey.

the number of shootings hasn't really changed what has changed is the rate of reporting and the scope of the reporting.

I belive this to be true, but not just with shootings.

Murder, rape, robbery, etc, has remained about the same throughout history.

It is just the selective reporting that makes these crimes seem more prevalent, in modern times.

Mankind has been prone to violence throughout our entire history. And due to this "threat of violence" all of mankind "deserves" to be armed for self defense.

Can you imagine the headlines from events in history, if they were to happen today?

Here's a useful tool to disarm firearms prohibitionists when they attempt to tell you gun control saves lives... Look at Russia, where gun control is strict;

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prohibitionists attempt to convey that we're more violent because we have more guns, so more shootings, but dead is dead in the real world, be it a knife, bat, screwdriver etc...

I agree with you, but Russia doesn't prove very much. Look at all the countries with strict gun laws that have a much lower murder rate than the US. The only thing the map tells you is that there is no automatic correlation between gun ownership and murder rate and that other factors (especially socioeconomic ones) that seem to carry more weight.

However, there is one really interesting country on the map that supports your claim, much better than the US actually. Look at Switzerland. The country has compulsory military service, and pretty much every male citizen has his AF-issued assault rifle (yes, automatic) at home. And yet murder rates are among the lowest in the world.

Gun sales are on the rise, and New Gun Owners are on the rise as well. I can think of three new first time gun owners at my work in the last couple months alone.

Don't buy into what the media spews out. There was a time when Journalists were interested in The Truth in a story, now they're the equivalent of high school drama/gossip queens. They don't care if it's true or not, they will put whatever story, and whatever VERSION of a story they think will get them the most views.

That's all they care about.

Fortunately more people are becoming pro-gun. If the trend in Colorado continues then it means that every time there is a shooting then MORE people will become pro-gun.

I agree with you, but Russia doesn't prove very much. Look at all the countries with strict gun laws that have a much lower murder rate than the US. The only thing the map tells you is that there is no automatic correlation between gun ownership and murder rate and that other factors (especially socioeconomic ones) that seem to carry more weight.

However, there is one really interesting country on the map that supports your claim, much better than the US actually. Look at Switzerland. The country has compulsory military service, and pretty much every male citizen has his AF-issued assault rifle (yes, automatic) at home. And yet murder rates are among the lowest in the world.

Furthermore.... Military Aged Males are REQUIRED to own a firearm and keep it ready.

Here's a useful tool to disarm firearms prohibitionists when they attempt to tell you gun control saves lives... Look at Russia, where gun control is strict;

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prohibitionists attempt to convey that we're more violent because we have more guns, so more shootings, but dead is dead in the real world, be it a knife, bat, screwdriver etc...

Russia is less strict than the UK. Long guns are available for purchase by almost anybody, and there is a strong movement to legalize handguns (currently they can only be purchased by authorized shooting ranges, even on behalf of their customers). Meanwhile, they have some unique self-defense tools available for purchase that resemble handguns, but fire rubber bullets. Those, despite their non-lethal purpose, seem to have a great fatality rate...

Russia is less strict than the UK. Long guns are available for purchase by almost anybody, and there is a strong movement to legalize handguns (currently they can only be purchased by authorized shooting ranges, even on behalf of their customers). Meanwhile, they have some unique self-defense tools available for purchase that resemble handguns, but fire rubber bullets. Those, despite their non-lethal purpose, seem to have a great fatality rate...

Yes but I heard that now they are requiring mental health exams to CC rubber pistols. That is following the rash of usage by neo-fascists at sports game . Also that RIA Novosti journalistka was mortally wounded (in the foot) at a moskva cafe 1 or 2 years back if I can remember which sparked the need to restrict CC of rubber pistols in the first place.

Yes but I heard that now they are requiring mental health exams to CC rubber pistols. That is following the rash of usage by neo-fascists at sports game . Also that RIA Novosti journalistka was mortally wounded (in the foot) at a moskva cafe 1 or 2 years back if I can remember which sparked the need to restrict CC of rubber pistols in the first place.

That is correct. Mental health exams are required not only in Russia, but also in many other European countries (even where CC of handguns is allowed). However, it is a pure formality. It's like you have to do a medical exam to get a drivers license there too... :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top