JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
COURT HALTS MAG BAN​

Today a Judge in Harney County issued a preliminary injunction against the magazine ban in Measure 114.

In a previous hearing on Dec 13th the court put a hold on the "permit to purchase" portion of the bill and promised a ruling on the mag ban by tomorrow, Dec 16th.

The ruling came today and means that for now, your standard capacity magazines are safe.

There will still have to be a complete trial on the constitutionality of the measure, but at the moment the permit to purchase and the ban on standard magazines will not be allowed to go into effect.

The Court has granted a hearing on December 23 for the state to explain why the safeguard which allows the transfer of a firearm after three business days (if the Oregon State Police do not complete a background check or issue a denial) should be removed.

Considering the vast number of people who are currently being denied the ability to take possession of the firearms they have paid for, (as a result of the OSP's inaction on background checks) this should be a tough hill to climb for the state lawyers.

The battle continues both in this statewide case that Gun Owners of America has brought and the four other cases that are in Federal Court. But this is more good news and another win for GOA.

I do not understand why one would want to let crooks have illegal firearms and magazines with 15-30 rounds but impose bans on law abiding citizens to only carry 10 rounds--since they are the potential victims?

Wow so much good info in the judges ruling. He really understands the real world effect this would have on Oregonians, making up to 1 in 5 citizens criminals overnight and subjecting them to arrest if they possessed a mag and then would have to prove their innocence:
C6E962BC-64CE-4B9F-8732-A8EDC986F841.jpeg

466BE2A2-71FA-4B85-8471-DA14DC170ACF.jpeg
12E659FC-E9A5-4BE2-8BBB-D8998971E142.jpeg

Wow so much good info in the judges ruling. He really understands the real world effect this would have on Oregonians, making up to 1 in 5 citizens criminals overnight and subjecting them to arrest if they possessed a mag and then would have to prove their innocence:
View attachment 1330769

View attachment 1330767
View attachment 1330768
That's going to be hugely important in the appeals discussion. Undue burden on the populace for a far far more insignificant number of actual mass shootings in Oregon (and nationally) vs. criminalizing a statistically significant portion of Oregon residents. The way he wrote this, I think appeals are going to be brutally tough on the State.

I do not understand why one would want to let crooks have illegal firearms and magazines with 15-30 rounds but impose bans on law abiding citizens to only carry 10 rounds--since they are the potential victims?
Because they either want you completely subservient to the wild whims of their myriad tyrannical agendas or failing that, they want you incarcerated and/or dead.

Full stop.

My bet is that the Dem-led Oregon legislature will eventually begin the process of amending Oregon's constitution to bypass legal inconveniences.
I think it is the people that amend the Constitution, not the legislature. At least one of the methods is to get a constitutional initiative on the ballot, which needs signatures of only 8% of the total votes cast for governor at the last election. If it gets on the ballot, majority wins. Scary possibilities.

I see this judge ruling to strike down the law, and it going back to court in a different court and BM114 sticking, we are in Oregon after all.
this should make people realize term limits are an important part of the Political system that is missing, why would only the president have a term limit of two terms. every clown in politics should only be allowed two terms, and never be allowed to have that seat again. we dont need more Bidens.

I see this judge ruling to strike down the law, and it going back to court in a different court and BM114 sticking, we are in Oregon after all.
this should make people realize term limits are an important part of the Political system that is missing, why would only the president have a term limit of two terms. every clown in politics should only be allowed two terms, and never be allowed to have that seat again. we dont need more Bidens.
Also abolish the concept of permanent Senate & House Committees where tenure and seniority counts. Note how many of the long term career politicians are also members of these same committees.

They're doing this on purpose.

Let that sink in.

Act accordingly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR