JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are about 35 threads on this with thousands of posts. The left is filing petitions and ballot measures in at least 4 states with the worst being here in Oregon. And what does everybody on here do ?? Snipe at each other like a bunch of bit*hey old ladies at the afternoon tea.

The left is fixing to kick our azzes hard and this is the best we can all do ?? They are so organized and so far ahead of where the 2A supporters need to be it will take a long time and a lot of money to even think there is a chance of stopping it.

Grow the f**h up and get together on this people. I got a check book ready to write some decent checks on this if I can feel something will get accomplished other than a bunch of sh*t slinging at each other.

Deerfield, Illinois, just banned assault weapons. The penalty? Up to $1,000 a day. - CNN

@CoastRange57 I get your passion. But this is the very thread where we're talking about the Counter Attack to IP 43 that is being proposed by Jo Rae Perkins. This is the thread where status updates have and will be posted. This is the thread where we've got a ton of folks lining themselves up to to assist wherever they can.

Did you even read the thread? I'm not sure where this "Snipe at each other like a bunch of bit*hey old ladies" comment comes from.

There are about 35 threads on this with thousands of posts. The left is filing petitions and ballot measures in at least 4 states with the worst being here in Oregon. And what does everybody on here do ?? Snipe at each other like a bunch of bit*hey old ladies at the afternoon tea.

The left is fixing to kick our azzes hard and this is the best we can all do ?? They are so organized and so far ahead of where the 2A supporters need to be it will take a long time and a lot of money to even think there is a chance of stopping it.

Grow the f**h up and get together on this people. I got a check book ready to write some decent checks on this if I can feel something will get accomplished other than a bunch of sh*t slinging at each other.

Deerfield, Illinois, just banned assault weapons. The penalty? Up to $1,000 a day. - CNN

You posted the same thing in other threads...:confused:
I'm not wealthy, so i won't be giving up anything. But I will support a counter measures to the theft of our born rights.
A political fight, if failed, can easily become a street fight, and then guerilla warfare...
The rich back politicians to steal our rights, because wealth buys freedom these days.

You posted the same thing in other threads...:confused:
I'm not wealthy, so i won't be giving up anything. But I will support a counter measures to the theft of our born rights.
A political fight, if failed, can easily become a street fight, and then guerilla warfare...
The rich back politicians to steal our rights, because wealth buys freedom these days.

Yes I did post this in other threads because there were so many. This thread seems to be the most active. There were a couple of other shots taken at my post (s), I take no offense and they did have basis. I know I threw up ideas and mostly frustration, and offered little in the way of solutions or proposed actions.

After thinking about this late into the night and again early this morning, some of the common themes wer" We need to organize under a common umbrella" " "We need a spokesperson" "We need marketing outreach" "We need to take action". All legitimate themes.

Rather than waiting for an umbrella group to form and assemble numbers of bodies together, we lose valuable time. One of the largest communities that consist of 2A supporters in this state and the Northwest is right here. Northwest Firearms.com. There are other online communities and groups, but this one is very deep in numbers and experience and skill set levels.

There would be challenges, but a group formed from the base this website has goes a long way to putting up the huge number of bodies and VOTERS and MONEY this is going to require. Rather than waiting for OFF or NRA to get it going and then try and merge in some other PAC with them, just start the ball rolling here. Since this is @Joe Link s site, this would start there and see why his thoughts are on this. It could be under this umbrella or form another and draw members into that. It has the potential to grow this site to what it needs to be to help @Joe Link take it to the next level.

It would also put the members in a position to see where their money will go and what it will do. With a goal of generating enough funding to hire marketing people, maybe a full time executive director at least for the short term and start getting a balanced 2A message out to a state whoms majority populace is liberal left. This could be a short to mid term effort to kill that petition / ballot measure, so it could be an ongoing effort has this will not be the last attack on 2A in this state.

I ask the opinion of others here @etrain16 @Oathkeeper1775 @CountryGent @Kruejl

Yes I did post this in other threads because there were so many. This thread seems to be the most active. There were a couple of other shots taken at my post (s), I take no offense and they did have basis. I know I threw up ideas and mostly frustration, and offered little in the way of solutions or proposed actions.

After thinking about this late into the night and again early this morning, some of the common themes wer" We need to organize under a common umbrella" " "We need a spokesperson" "We need marketing outreach" "We need to take action". All legitimate themes.

Rather than waiting for an umbrella group to form and assemble numbers of bodies together, we lose valuable time. One of the largest communities that consist of 2A supporters in this state and the Northwest is right here. Northwest Firearms.com. There are other online communities and groups, but this one is very deep in numbers and experience and skill set levels.

There would be challenges, but a group formed from the base this website has goes a long way to putting up the huge number of bodies and VOTERS and MONEY this is going to require. Rather than waiting for OFF or NRA to get it going and then try and merge in some other PAC with them, just start the ball rolling here. Since this is @Joe Link s site, this would start there and see why his thoughts are on this. It could be under this umbrella or form another and draw members into that. It has the potential to grow this site to what it needs to be to help @Joe Link take it to the next level.

It would also put the members in a position to see where their money will go and what it will do. With a goal of generating enough funding to hire marketing people, maybe a full time executive director at least for the short term and start getting a balanced 2A message out to a state whoms majority populace is liberal left. This could be a short to mid term effort to kill that petition / ballot measure, so it could be an ongoing effort has this will not be the last attack on 2A in this state.

I ask the opinion of others here @etrain16 @Oathkeeper1775 @CountryGent @Kruejl

I think it's a good idea to use NWFA as a base of operations of sorts for such a plan. Having spoken to Joe in person, I think he's open to that idea - to allow NWFA to be a part of that. Joe has built up an amazing tool to reach gun owners in Oregon (and other states), but what I don't think Joe is looking for is to make NWFA itself a political organization - I've seen some folks propose that - not sure if that's in your line of thinking? But to turn NWFA from a forum into a political organization would really change what this site is about and for, and could be complex from the point of view of taxes, etc. - and I don't know that Joe is looking to head up such a project. Certainly NWFA is a great way to get the comms out - to gather support in one place, etc. But even your response about the need for an executive director goes back to my point of lacking leadership. I think there are a lot of folks that are ready to act, boots on the ground, money in the wallet - but that very critical piece is the leadership - the one that defines our purpose, our direction, can handle themselves in front of politicians and the media, can speak very well and handle intense confrontations and can plan/organize and delegate as needed, someone that can get in front of the public and put a positive face out there of gun owners without being hyperbolic and divisive. I know the process is already underway to try and identify who could be that person, but honestly, I don't know that we can really get the ball rolling until we have that person, in place, and committed to seeing it through.

I do like the idea of going on the offensive - in fact, that's one of the issues myself and others have stated about OFF's standard operation - it seems they are strictly defensive. At least SAF up in Washington is actively fighting - they file lawsuits, they propose legislation, they work to get new laws on the books that protect gun rights. No one that I know of is doing that in Oregon. I would much rather we get to the point where the anti's are the ones on the defensive. I just don't think gun owners have much, if any experience doing that themselves, so it's going to have to be a grass roots effort, coalescing around a good, solid leader.

I know I threw up ideas and mostly frustration, and offered little in the way of solutions or proposed actions

You're right, you didn't offer solutions or proposed actions. You instead hikacked the thread that I started that's dedicated to an already in-progress initiative (Jo Rae Perkins Counter Proposal to IP 43) to insult people for their apparent inaction about 2A activism in Oregon in general.

You're right, you didn't offer solutions or proposed actions. You instead hikacked the thread that I started that's dedicated to an already in-progress initiative (Jo Rae Perkins Counter Proposal to IP 43) to insult people for their apparent inaction about 2A activism in Oregon in general.

Sorry to have offended your snowflake azz. I hope this plan of your works fine. I will be waiting for the huge media announcement and roll out. I did not hijack sh*t. I offered my opinion and you get all butt hurt that I voiced an opinion in "YOUR" thread. This is why you can't get groups to together to fight things like this. Some one has a different plan or idea, just voice it somewhere else besides your thread. Got it. Don't count on any of my money for the counter proposal.

I offered my opinion and you get all butt hurt that I voiced an opinion in "YOUR" thread.

That's not it at all actually. Your first post didn't have an opinion on the topic. All people do here is "snipe at each other like a bunch of b*tchey old ladies", you said. Followed by "grow the f**k up".

Your ire was misplaced, there was none of that going on here in the 85 messages here so far.

Fact of the matter is, I really respect everything you said in your second message. And people having different plans or ideas is the whole point of threads. Had you actually started with that instead of misplaced insults you'd have gotten no shots fired toward your post at all.

Last Edited:
While the Rule of Law is still in effect; a conspicuous and united front is the best possible option; in the effort(s) to preserve whatever is left of our Individual Liberties.

Posting future plans and ideas for Post Rule of Law are a reflection of our 1st Amendment, but are pre-mature and they amount to online saber rattling; it feels great (vents steam) but it's not as helpful to others as some of us may think.

There are a lots of things we can do on an individual basis; yard signs, writing checks, out-reach, prepping, research, demonstrations, taking care of our families, voting 2a, and "keeping our noses clean".

But we've better come up with a united front for The Main Effort. We need something legitimate to get behind; I'm a retired soldier; I look to the essence of the battlefields as the perfect metaphors for just about every conflict in my life.....

I'm looking around the battlefield for the Colors, the Guideon, the Flag. I will follow the Guideon.

We need:

a NWFA frequency; a dedicated sticky in this forum until this current wave of komakazi attacks on our Individual Liberties end. All traffic about 43 & 44 (and our counter attack) needs to be piped into the temporary sticky. We need ONE active moderator for that sticky; keep us strictly on topic.

We also need:

A commander/leader (maybe that lawmaker drafting that counter attack measure)...Jo-...?

An innoculated spokesperson (not a member of NWFA). A strong and brilliant female like (Victoria Taft) is my recommendation. A white male would hurt us; we are in Oregon, remember???

A lawyer; there must be one 2a lawyer to scrub and file our paperwork.

A treasurer

A 501 non profit org (our own or we can be straphangers with another).

How about:

"Oregonians for Individual Liberty"

This is not the time for facetiousness or thinking with our tally-whackers.

We need to watch our flanks (other states).

We need "Economy of Force"; we need to rely more on the existing power in our Constitution, than new language. The US Constitution is the 2nd-most powerful publication in human history.

We need to be less-satisfied with on-line saber rattling, and we need unholy alliances; Right-leaners better tolerate our Left-leaners, non-believers better tolerate Christians, Old guys better tolerate the Young...and visa-versa.

Or we will fail.

Not bragging; examples of small steps:

I've written a few checks.
I've endorsed Sam Carpenter for gov.
I'm putting up yard signs for the 1st time in my life.
I'm writing the Feds.
I joined the Oregon State Shooting Association.
I changed my voter registration to vote in GOP state primary.

What say you?

Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz0201.jpg

That's not it at all actually. Your first post didn't have an opinion on the topic. All people do here is "snipe at each other like a bunch of b*tchey old ladies", you said. Followed by "grow the f**k up".

Your ire was misplaced, there was none of that going on here in the 85 messages here so far.

Fact of the matter is, I really respect everything you said in your second message. And people having different plans or ideas is the whole point of threads. Had you actually started with that instead of misplaced insults you'd have gotten no shots fired toward your post at all.

Your points are well taken sir. When there are large numbers of people who are passionate about a subject there are different view points, and there is going to be conflict. We disagreed, we argued and we need to move on. What is at stake should not be compromised by individual disagreements.

The left is very united in the common cause of disarming this country. At 60 years old, I could just say f it, and let others take care of this and ride this trip on earth out. But I know how the younger veterans in this country feel about weapons confiscation. They will not stand for it. They did not do combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, see buddies killed in action, and come home with the mental scars, to let some bunch of liberal sons of bit*hes try and take the rights they fought to defend. I do not want my boys or any other young men and women to have to deal with an internal domestic conflict or insurrection.

While you perceived my call out a bit differently that I intended, I wanted to light a fire under people and try and get some common direction. We are in a battle for our rights and we need to prevail.

Just in case this has not been brought up here yet there is a group of 115,000 plus members on facebook that is against this ban also. You may want to join/combine efforts to help get this done. BTW, there is a plan to impede this initiative and I will post the details below. Let's all give them hell.

Facebook group: Oregonians Against The "Assault Weapons" Ban

Plan to impede Oregon Anti 2A Measures

Here is an outline on how to impede these gun ban measures. INITIATIVE 43/44 Oregon's Gun Ban/Gun Grab Measure How We Can Impede Progress or Even Stop Initiative 43 & 44 From Making It To The November Ballot Yes that's correct, we have a real opportunity during the six step initiative qualification process to impede their progress making it even more difficult to gather the required signatures to qualify it for the November ballot! There are six critical steps that must be completed BEFORE Initiative 43 (the semi-auto gun ban/confiscation/gun registering) can be put on the November ballet. *******DURING BALLOT TITLE PROCESS IS WHERE WE CAN IMPEDE THEIR PROGRESS TO QUALIFY INITIATIVE 43 FOR THE NOVEMBER BALLOT!!!****** We will soon have a determination from the Secretary of State on the validity of the sponsorship signatures turned in for gun banning/gun confiscation ballot. If enough signatures are approved, the measure is sent to the Attorney General to create a proposed "ballot title.". Given the fact Attorney General Rosenblum who is a militant anti-gunner she will paint the proposed ballot title in the best possible light. Under Oregon, ORS 250.035(2)-(5) the proposed ballot title by the Attorney General (1) must accurately state the subject matter of the Initiative, and (2) it's not politically charged and be emotionally laden description which is in violation of Supreme Court's case law on Initiative Ballot Titles. The title can not mislead the voters of Oregon. AFTER the AG submits the draft title to the Elections Department the public is given 10 business days to comment and object to the proposed ballot titled. - Example: if the AG draft ballot is titled "Assault Weapons Ban" or something like "Promote Public Safety by Banning Assault Weapons" under authority of ORS 250.085, we (YOU) can submit objections that the draft ballot title is intended to mislead Oregon voters because Initiative 43 goes beyond so-called assault rifles. It includes a ban on most semi-auto pistols and semi-auto shotguns. We can also object because the proposed ballot title is politically charged, emotionally laden and misleads Oregon voters WHY IS APPEALING THE PROPOSED BALLOT TITLE SO IMPORTANT? Because IT BARS THE PETITIONERS OF INITIATIVE 43 FROM GATHERING SIGNATURES needed to qualify the initiative for the November ballot. Until the appeal process is completed including a review by the State Supreme Court. Without an appeal the Initiative 43 backers will be able to start collecting signatures by ~ MAY 17th at the earliest. But if they face a "Ballot Title Appeal" we can delay the signature gathering effort to Some time in June leaving them very little time to gather the required 88,164 signatures. In addition, it is expected after expected a well know Oregon Pro-Gun Organization will then appeal the Ballot to the Supreme Court delaying the signature gathering effort! Just so everyone knows the people behind Initiative 43 only have until July 6th to turn in the 88,000 signatures required to make the November Ballot! Signed up for the Initiative 43 alerts which includes notification of the 10 day objection period. We need everyone opposed to this gun grab to submit your objections to the ballot title! - Here is the link to sign up for notifications; http://sos.oregon.gov/.../initiatives-referendums.... On the right side of the webpage click on the "Subscribe to receive email updates about Initiatives, referendums and referral then follow the sign up instructions.

Last Edited:
Your points are well taken sir. When there are large numbers of people who are passionate about a subject there are different view points, and there is going to be conflict. We disagreed, we argued and we need to move on. What is at stake should not be compromised by individual disagreements.

To be honest, I don't even think we disagreed about anything. :) I see now that your "light a fire" posting on 3-4 different threads wasn't specifically directed at the conversation going on here.

The left is very united in the common cause of disarming this country. At 60 years old, I could just say f it, and let others take care of this and ride this trip on earth out. But I know how the younger veterans in this country feel about weapons confiscation. They will not stand for it. They did not do combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, see buddies killed in action, and come home with the mental scars, to let some bunch of liberal sons of bit*hes try and take the rights they fought to defend. I do not want my boys or any other young men and women to have to deal with an internal domestic conflict or insurrection.

While you perceived my call out a bit differently that I intended, I wanted to light a fire under people and try and get some common direction. We are in a battle for our rights and we need to prevail.

I understand, and I'm with you 100%. Your kind of passion is exactly what is needed from everybody. This kind of attack on our rights is one that needs to be fought on multiple fronts.

Preventing something like IP 43 making it to the ballot is one of them, creating a Counter Attack for this and all future measures like it is likely another one, and raising general public awareness that us "gun enthusiasts" actually help public safety and not hurt it is another. There's so much misinformation and misplaced fear that the mainstream media propagates, there's so much brainwashing that needs to be undone. How can this be accomplished? Well it's time we figured that out, because I've not seen this level of attack before.

A united front, I welcome it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads