JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the big issue - if this looks like a carte blanche 'anything goes' for gun owners, there will be considerable pushback among the voters in Oregon. And we have to recognize there are more of them than there are of us. If this were to intimidate or isolate the middle, we risk losing those votes and this fails. Still, even if it did fail, it could be an interesting bellwether as to what level of protection of gun rights Oregonians would tolerate.

Right now I'd limit it to countering I43. That way we can focus on the message that's it's people and not the tool. We have to let people know that 2/3 of all gun deaths are due to suicide and the majority of the rest are due to gang violence. We need to let them know that school shootings are so rare that you are five times more likely to be be struck by lightening than be involved in a school shooting. We need to ask why Oregon does not mandate sharing criminal history with NICS by all agencies. If we don't focus on the root of the problem it will just recur.

We need to have some victories and get some visibility and trust. Right now we are seen as the irresponsible caricature the left paints of us.

Right now I'd limit it to countering I43. That way we can focus on the message that's it's people and not the tool. We have to let people know that 2/3 of all gun deaths are due to suicide and the majority of the rest are due to gang violence. We need to let them know that school shootings are so rare that you are five times more likely to be be struck by lightening than be involved in a school shooting. We need to ask why Oregon does not mandate sharing criminal history with NICS by all agencies. If we don't focus on the root of the problem it will just recur.

We need to have some victories and get some visibility and trust. Right now we are seen as the irresponsible caricature the left paints of us.

I do have one other concern for a ballot measure meant to counter another active ballot measure - and that's the debacle that happened in Washington with I-594 - two competing ballot measures, voters were confused and it sounds like some folks voted for the wrong bill, allowing I-594 to pass. We would need to absolutely clear on which one to vote against and which one to vote for.

Now here's a question - what if both passed? Does one nullify the other? If so, which one? I have no idea how that would work.

If I were writing it, I'd cite the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports, and bold or highlight the relevant stats. We probably don't need to highlight out of state involvement, since that seems like paranoia to the masses.

there should also be a "practice" debate by the central originators on the proposed points to identify the predictable anti gun responses that will be used against it. It may reveal some good tactics that if composed correctly could negate the effects of their counter arguments before they can use them.

Once the 1,000 signatures was obtain, and that really should be pretty easy, I wonder if we could get the NRA, OFF, GOA, etc., involved. Their ability to reach pro-2A folks could make a huge difference in getting to the needed 88,000.

It might be important to get 2500-3000 signatures because they check for the legality of those signing petitions.
Remember the recall a few years ago?

Any of the moderators able to make this a banner or a sticky post. Something on the home page?

It might be important to get 2500-3000 signatures because they check for the legality of those signing petitions.
Remember the recall a few years ago?

Our new Secretary of State Dennis Richardson counts them fair, but it would be nice to present more signatures than they did for I43.

Good idea. With this new tool, I will call the rest in to check it out: @Moderators

:)

mods1.jpg

Anyone who has the finalized petition, feel free to PM me with the attachment. I'll get to work on it this weekend.

The enthusiasm in this forum about this Counter Attack is very inspiring. :) I guarantee you, all of us will get a chance to help this thing along.

The petition is being worked on by Jo Rae Perkins (candidate for U.S. Representative, District 4 Oregon) at this very time. She's waiting to hear back from legal counsel on some specifics. She's also solidifying the other two sponsors for this initiative. Once things start moving forward with the Petition process, we'll hear more about how we can get involved.

the people who gather signatures have to be signed up to do so, they can't just email, mail, or handout copies for other people to pass around. And its a real good idea to sign people up to vote at the same time, some people don't even know if they are registered voters!:mad: (I could be wrong, don't shoot)
So can I sign yet;)?
I'm ready and willing to be a Non-paid signature gatherer, I travel to gun stores and pawn shops regularly, I have no problem with working for free for this cause.

We should have a get together once everything is finalized in a large public location, where all the members here can come sign the initiative, a NW firearms Rally... !?!?!

And the I work 40hrs a week normal BS won't save your rights.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top