JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If enough signatures are approved, the measure is sent to the Attorney General to create a proposed "ballot title.". Given the fact Attorney General Rosenblum who is a militant anti-gunner she will paint the proposed ballot title in the best possible light. Under Oregon, ORS 250.035(2)-(5) the proposed ballot title by the Attorney General (1) must accurately state the subject matter of the Initiative, and (2) it's not politically charged and be emotionally laden description which is in violation of Supreme Court's case law on Initiative Ballot Titles.

Very good and concise explanation. I have been involved in some criminal investigations as a witness, and have served on the Grand Jury twice. I know that during the process, the DA's make double damn sure that their case is sufficiently supported by the law, case law and evidence before they bring it to the Grand Jury. The cases are reviewed by senior DA's or even the head DA to make sure they can go to trial. Judges do not appreciate a sh*t case being brought to them.

In the case of 43, I have read the text several times and it is clearly unconstitutional in wording. Would the AG be so stupid to give this a title and put it on the ballot when it is so clearly unconstitutional and will be clearly challenged ?

Your explanation is very much appreciated and well researched.

While the Rule of Law is still in effect; a conspicuous and united front is the best possible option; in the effort(s) to preserve whatever is left of our Individual Liberties.

Posting future plans and ideas for Post Rule of Law are a reflection of our 1st Amendment, but are pre-mature and they amount to online saber rattling; it feels great (vents steam) but it's not as helpful to others as some of us may think.

There are a lots of things we can do on an individual basis; yard signs, writing checks, out-reach, prepping, research, demonstrations, taking care of our families, voting 2a, and "keeping our noses clean".

But we've better come up with a united front for The Main Effort. We need something legitimate to get behind; I'm a retired soldier; I look to the essence of the battlefields as the perfect metaphors for just about every conflict in my life.....

I'm looking around the battlefield for the Colors, the Guideon, the Flag. I will follow the Guideon.

We need:

a NWFA frequency; a dedicated sticky in this forum until this current wave of komakazi attacks on our Individual Liberties end. All traffic about 43 & 44 (and our counter attack) needs to be piped into the temporary sticky. We need ONE active moderator for that sticky; keep us strictly on topic.

We also need:

A commander/leader (maybe that lawmaker drafting that counter attack measure)...Jo-...?

An innoculated spokesperson (not a member of NWFA). A strong and brilliant female like (Victoria Taft) is my recommendation. A white male would hurt us; we are in Oregon, remember???

A lawyer; there must be one 2a lawyer to scrub and file our paperwork.

A treasurer

A 501 non profit org (our own or we can be straphangers with another).

How about:

"Oregonians for Individual Liberty"

This is not the time for facetiousness or thinking with our tally-whackers.

We need to watch our flanks (other states).

We need "Economy of Force"; we need to rely more on the existing power in our Constitution, than new language. The US Constitution is the 2nd-most powerful publication in human history.

We need to be less-satisfied with on-line saber rattling, and we need unholy alliances; Right-leaners better tolerate our Left-leaners, non-believers better tolerate Christians, Old guys better tolerate the Young...and visa-versa.

Or we will fail.

Not bragging; examples of small steps:

I've written a few checks.
I've endorsed Sam Carpenter for gov.
I'm putting up yard signs for the 1st time in my life.
I'm writing the Feds.
I joined the Oregon State Shooting Association.
I changed my voter registration to vote in GOP state primary.

What say you?

View attachment 447539

I agree with your points - though the one I think it preventing something like this from getting a start is the lack of a point person - a leader to really set the example, take the lead and be that banner to follow. I've said as much in this thread and in others. From some of the responses I've seen, some folks have some ideas about folks that may be that person - some have suggested, at least in Oregon, considering the political makeup, we may benefit from a female and/or minority, since identity politics is in full swing in this state. I, as I am sure are many others, are ready and willing to help the cause in many various ways. OFF is not that leader, the NRA is not that leader - they may play a big part in this, but to date, no one is coalescing the gun owners in Oregon to rally them to the fight. We're told to donate money, write letters and attend rallies - we've been doing that for years, it's not working. Expecting the current gun rights groups to make it happen is probably expecting far too much - though they still are part of the plan and do need our support.

I'm hoping a leader steps forward, soon. If that person is identified and convinced to take that position, I think this plan could go very well. Until then, we remain somewhat scattered and without a plan.

I agree with your points - though the one I think it preventing something like this from getting a start is the lack of a point person - a leader to really set the example, take the lead and be that banner to follow. I've said as much in this thread and in others. From some of the responses I've seen, some folks have some ideas about folks that may be that person - some have suggested, at least in Oregon, considering the political makeup, we may benefit from a female and/or minority, since identity politics is in full swing in this state. I, as I am sure are many others, are ready and willing to help the cause in many various ways. OFF is not that leader, the NRA is not that leader - they may play a big part in this, but to date, no one is coalescing the gun owners in Oregon to rally them to the fight. We're told to donate money, write letters and attend rallies - we've been doing that for years, it's not working. Expecting the current gun rights groups to make it happen is probably expecting far too much - though they still are part of the plan and do need our support.

I'm hoping a leader steps forward, soon. If that person is identified and convinced to take that position, I think this plan could go very well. Until then, we remain somewhat scattered and without a plan.
Yes to all the above.
Preferably, we need someone who doesn't have a family or easy accessed property.
I have been on many picket lines, other skirmishes and riots, attempting to keep the peace. Certain groups are very motivated to criminality, we saw it in Portland and elsewhere in January 2017. These anti-gun Leftist, will do whatever they have to do to stifle our message or activism. They will vandalize and trash the vehicles of people who oppose them. They will assault those people and they will follow them afterward and run them off the road.
If they find out where you live, you are a target of their hate and no place is off limits to them.
When I go to Salem on the 21st, I'm going to be careful where I park.

Last Edited:
I too agree, we need a leader but think that the plan of attack we can all agree upon at this moment in time is to impede both initiatives 43 & 44. If we had an initiative of our own to put forward we would need to do it now as we are running out of time. Don't forget, the very same method of impediment will work against us as well.

My other concerns are regarding the upcoming gubernatorial election and in particularly the primary on May 15th. I have been posting all over the web about this so much that Facebook is currently blocking my access. Here is what I have found regarding the polls and research I have conducted regarding thhe upcoming election. Knute (the RHINO) Buehler has the most money to spend and has already started placing adds on TV as well as YouTube. He has $2,000,000 in his war chest and he will only keep posting adds since he refuses to debate or answer any questions time after time. He has voted alongside the left on more than one occasion in his current position as a Republican legislator. BELIEVE ME, WE DO NOT WANT HIM!!! I also found that there are a whole lot of people that think any Republican will do which means many party members are not paying enough attention to what is going on or taking the time to find out who is running. Having said that, I would not be surprised if his mass exposure along with many republicans being uninformed will result in his winning the primary election. If he wins we are screwed!!!

My top three choices are listed in order of preference below. I am 100% sure that all three of these candidates are far better than Knute.

1. Greg Wooldridge
2. Bruce Cuff
3. Sam Carpenter

Please take the time and look at each of the candidates and vote in the upcoming primary election. Note: You only have until April 24th to register yourself as a Republican party member in order to cast your vote on May 15th. We also need the support of the Independent, Libertarian and Constitutional party as well if we want to win this. Alternate party members, please don't throw away your vote!!! The only chance we have of beating Gov. Brown is a record high Republican turn out as well as the alternate party members support. The 2016 gubernatorial election was only lost by 27,000 votes and if you combine the accumulative total of these parties: Republican, Independent, Libertarian and Constitutional party. There is also a chance we may pick up some Democrats as well given the fact that Brown wants to ban so called assault rifles and high cap magazines as well.

See KGW News video link below where Gov. Brown speaks these exact words.

I too agree, we need a leader but think that the plan of attack we can all agree upon at this moment in time is to impede both initiatives 43 & 44. If we had an initiative of our own to put forward we would need to do it now as we are running out of time. Don't forget, the very same method of impediment will work against us as well.

My other concerns are regarding the upcoming gubernatorial election and in particularly the primary on May 15th. I have been posting all over the web about this so much that Facebook is currently blocking my access. Here is what I have found regarding the polls and research I have conducted regarding thhe upcoming election. Knute (the RHINO) Buehler has the most money to spend and has already started placing adds on TV as well as YouTube. He has $2,000,000 in his war chest and he will only keep posting adds since he refuses to debate or answer any questions time after time. He has voted alongside the left on more than one occasion in his current position as a Republican legislator. BELIEVE ME, WE DO NOT WANT HIM!!! I also found that there are a whole lot of people that think any Republican will do which means many party members are not paying enough attention to what is going on or taking the time to find out who is running. Having said that, I would not be surprised if his mass exposure along with many republicans being uninformed will result in his winning the primary election. If he wins we are screwed!!!

My top three choices are listed in order of preference below. I am 100% sure that all three of these candidates are far better than Knute.

1. Greg Wooldridge
2. Bruce Cuff
3. Sam Carpenter

Please take the time and look at each of the candidates and vote in the upcoming primary election. Note: You only have until April 24th to register yourself as a Republican party member in order to cast your vote on May 15th. We also need the support of the Independent, Libertarian and Constitutional party as well if we want to win this. Alternate party members, please don't throw away your vote!!! The only chance we have of beating Gov. Brown is a record high Republican turn out as well as the alternate party members support. The 2016 gubernatorial election was only lost by 27,000 votes and if you combine the accumulative total of these parties: Republican, Independent, Libertarian and Constitutional party. There is also a chance we may pick up some Democrats as well given the fact that Brown wants to ban so called assault rifles and high cap magazines as well.

See KGW News video link below where Gov. Brown speaks these exact words.

Correct, Buehler is bad news...he is pro gun control and pro abortion. He is no conservative and a lousy Republican. He is from Roseburg, went to school with my wife and she always liked him, but now, is very disappointed in his views.
So far, I'm going with Sam Carpenter.

Last Edited:
I agree with impeding the existing measures, but since it's pretty obvious they're overplaying their hand, we need to get things in place to explicitly safeguard our rights.

I read an article on 0-Live on 43 citing a local Portland rabbi was instrumental with 43 advocacy and promotion. Any chance there are Jewish NW Firearms members here that can counter attack these issues within the Jewish/Temple communities. From what I gather antisemitism is rising in the USA and the world as engineered by extreme leftists or right-minded thinkers. Gun control seems to be short-term mistake and long-term stupid. Slave owners dominated before the civil war with guns over their slaves, and now some what to give up the right to won a gun; while in the 1930's and 1940's we had a holocaust. Who is naive and stupid here. Sure we have mass tragedy but that is nothing to routine genocide around the world. Huh! People fear so-called fascist police and government and want to give up firearms??? Maybe some can advocate and network in the Jewish community and educate. If you can maybe post a response here.

I read an article on 0-Live on 43 citing a local Portland rabbi was instrumental with 43 advocacy and promotion. Any chance there are Jewish NW Firearms members here that can counter attack these issues within the Jewish/Temple communities. From what I gather antisemitism is rising in the USA and the world as engineered by extreme leftists or right-minded thinkers. Gun control seems to be short-term mistake and long-term stupid. Slave owners dominated before the civil war with guns over their slaves, and now some what to give up the right to won a gun; while in the 1930's and 1940's we had a holocaust. Who is naive and stupid here. Sure we have mass tragedy but that is nothing to routine genocide around the world. Huh! People fear so-called fascist police and government and want to give up firearms??? Maybe some can advocate and network in the Jewish community and educate. If you can maybe post a response here.
Saw this on TV, it's a rabbi and I think a Christian priest and others, in a church in Portland. They have spearheaded radical causes in the past and are a real bad deal.
I only saw part of it on the Portland news down here and don't remember their name. Can anyone identify these radical leftists?

Saw this on TV, it's a rabbi and I think a Christian priest and others, in a church in Portland. They have spearheaded radical causes in the past and are a real bad deal.
I only saw part of it on the Portland news down here and don't remember their name. Can anyone identify these radical leftists?
Pastor Mark Knutson of the Augustana Luthern Church of Pdx is mentioned in this article.
Oregon initiative seeks to ban assault weapons

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR