JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got a good sale on some trijicons for my g19, and went to the gun shop to get them installed, and they wanted an arm and a leg to do it for me. Obviously its a pretty simple procedure, but I dont have a vice or hex screw deal to get the front sight installed.

That said, could someone lend me a hand? I would make it worth your while...cant imagine it taking more than a few minutes.

Or, a way to wing it at home without a vice/hex...just hate the stock sights and want to go out with some buddies and get used to the improvement.

I don't remember what size socket it requires, but if you find the one that fits the screw, take it to a grinder and take some of the extra meat off of the edges, and it will work just fine. Just make sure and use a dab of blue loctite in the final install process. Good luck!

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when a local (Salem, OR) gun shop wanted $60 to install Trijicons on G17. When I asked why so much they said they sometimes broke a tritium tube during install and had to replace it. I guess they were using a hammer and punch instead of a sight pusher. Some dealers install them free with purchase, and some charge a nominal fee to install if you buy the sights from them.

I gave up on all that and bought my own sight pusher, and the socket for Glock front sights. For a while last year I offered to rent them to forum members for $10 and return shipping, but I sold that pusher and bought a Meprolight pusher --way too heavy to ship, as well as too expensive to loan out.

You should be able to find someone near you with a sight pusher to help you out, or spend about $100 and buy your own if you plan to do more than one install. Only takes a few minutes, unless you have to file a bit off the rear sight to get it started into the dovetail.

If that doesn't work, PM me for my address, and I'll help you out. :)
Rich

The front sight is 3/16. Find an old deep socket and grind down the outside so it fits around the socket without hitting the front of the slide. For the rears I just brought a 1/4 inch brass rod from the hardware store and cut about a 3-4" length of it, chucked it in a drill, and spin it against some 80 grit sand paper for a while to turn it down on one end. (poor mans lathe) The homemade brass punch has worked for 3 rear sight installs for me. It doesnt mar the finish of the slide or the sight, and is easy to bring to the range along with a little hammer to fine tune it.

I have a sight pusher, but you are on the way opposite side of the state from me.

I can't believe what some places charge for a sight change.. especially if they own the proper tool it's super easy and fast.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews