JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got a good sale on some trijicons for my g19, and went to the gun shop to get them installed, and they wanted an arm and a leg to do it for me. Obviously its a pretty simple procedure, but I dont have a vice or hex screw deal to get the front sight installed.

That said, could someone lend me a hand? I would make it worth your while...cant imagine it taking more than a few minutes.

Or, a way to wing it at home without a vice/hex...just hate the stock sights and want to go out with some buddies and get used to the improvement.

I don't remember what size socket it requires, but if you find the one that fits the screw, take it to a grinder and take some of the extra meat off of the edges, and it will work just fine. Just make sure and use a dab of blue loctite in the final install process. Good luck!

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when a local (Salem, OR) gun shop wanted $60 to install Trijicons on G17. When I asked why so much they said they sometimes broke a tritium tube during install and had to replace it. I guess they were using a hammer and punch instead of a sight pusher. Some dealers install them free with purchase, and some charge a nominal fee to install if you buy the sights from them.

I gave up on all that and bought my own sight pusher, and the socket for Glock front sights. For a while last year I offered to rent them to forum members for $10 and return shipping, but I sold that pusher and bought a Meprolight pusher --way too heavy to ship, as well as too expensive to loan out.

You should be able to find someone near you with a sight pusher to help you out, or spend about $100 and buy your own if you plan to do more than one install. Only takes a few minutes, unless you have to file a bit off the rear sight to get it started into the dovetail.

If that doesn't work, PM me for my address, and I'll help you out. :)
Rich

The front sight is 3/16. Find an old deep socket and grind down the outside so it fits around the socket without hitting the front of the slide. For the rears I just brought a 1/4 inch brass rod from the hardware store and cut about a 3-4" length of it, chucked it in a drill, and spin it against some 80 grit sand paper for a while to turn it down on one end. (poor mans lathe) The homemade brass punch has worked for 3 rear sight installs for me. It doesnt mar the finish of the slide or the sight, and is easy to bring to the range along with a little hammer to fine tune it.

I have a sight pusher, but you are on the way opposite side of the state from me.

I can't believe what some places charge for a sight change.. especially if they own the proper tool it's super easy and fast.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top