JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have recommendations on where to take a glock slide to have the factory sights replaced? Last time I tried to do it with a hammer and ended up cracking the slide and just buying a new one with the sights I wanted already installed; this time I think I'll have a professional do it. Looking for some place between Salem OR and Eugene Or. Thanks for any input.

How in the world did you crack the slide?!?!

Please don't tell me you were using a sledge hammer….

In all seriousness if you were closer I'd meet up with you and swap them out for you real quick.

How in the world did you crack the slide?!?!

Please don't tell me you were using a sledge hammer….

In all seriousness if you were closer I'd meet up with you and swap them out for you real quick.
Haha, no I created a hairline crack on the edge of the frame that mates up with the frame rails.
"If the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems become nails" or something, and now that slide is relegated to the bin of purgatory along with all my other nails.

I appreciate that thought. At some point I need to just drop the $200 or whatever on the tool.

I Busted a rear night sight once, slamming my slide against an iron pole lol.

If you use a mallet, it's really easy to remove rear Glock sight. Watch Lenny on YouTube, look up Glock store. XS sights are nice, rear sight screws in and tightens up, front sight is a screw on and easy To install.

Good luck.

....I heard about a guy that tried to get the rear sight out....the wrong way. The punch and the hammer got bigger until he 'got it loose' alright. In pieces.....

Just get a sight removal tool from Amazon for $30. Glock sights are extremely easy to remove and replace yourself.

Took me about 30 minutes the first time and 10 minutes the second time.

There was a company in Washington that made an aluminum sight pusher for the Glock rear sight. I think it was around 50 bucks on their eBay store. It has paid for itself many times over now.

For the Glock front sight, I use a Truglo tool. I think those are like 10 bucks and also will pay for themselves many times over.

The right tools make the job 100 times easier. Never a bad investment to buy tools.

Does anyone have recommendations on where to take a glock slide to have the factory sights replaced? Last time I tried to do it with a hammer and ended up cracking the slide and just buying a new one with the sights I wanted already installed; this time I think I'll have a professional do it. Looking for some place between Salem OR and Eugene Or. Thanks for any input.
Was that an "aftermarket" slide?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads