JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Wife just saw this and said she had read some "helpful hint" on this. To take old clothes and cut them up into rags to use as wipe. The person was NOT suggesting flushing though. They were saying to put them in a bucket and wash them. Like the days of the cloth diapers. Are those even still a thing? I know when I had babies it was all we used, cloth. Kept some disposable for travel but at home we used cloth. Damn throw aways were expensive. Just kept a small trash can next to the washer with some water and bleach in it. Toss them in there. Every morning would dump who thing in washer and run it. Many probably have never heard of these now days I suspect.

My Wife just saw this and said she had read some "helpful hint" on this. To take old clothes and cut them up into rags to use as wipe. The person was NOT suggesting flushing though. They were saying to put them in a bucket and wash them. Like the days of the cloth diapers. Are those even still a thing? I know when I had babies it was all we used, cloth. Kept some disposable for travel but at home we used cloth. Damn throw aways were expensive. Just kept a small trash can next to the washer with some water and bleach in it. Toss them in there. Every morning would dump who thing in washer and run it. Many probably have never heard of these now days I suspect.
Two buckets, bleach, large dishwasher gloves, and a washcloth.

Poo, put on glove, dip washcloth into first bucket (both filled with water and few capfuls bleach) wipe, clean in one bucket thoroughly, rinse in second, hand to dry. Repeat till 1st bucket is 1/4 filled with sediment, 2nd bucket becomes 1st bucket, empty 2nd bucket and start over.

I've been scooping up leftover copies of the local fish wrapper, I know, not the smoothest wipe out there butt, you never know...

Just kidding of course :)
Back when phone books existed, I used to keep 6-8 on hand in the garage. Figured I'd all hell broke loose, wouldn't hurt to have some make shift single ply.

Two buckets, bleach, large dishwasher gloves, and a washcloth.

Poo, put on glove, dip washcloth into first bucket (both filled with water and few capfuls bleach) wipe, clean in one bucket thoroughly, rinse in second, hand to dry. Repeat till 1st bucket is 1/4 filled with sediment, 2nd bucket becomes 1st bucket, empty 2nd bucket and start over.
Do they even still sell those things any more? Don't pay attention any more. When we had babies I used to just rinse the poopy ones in the toilet that was next to the bucket. No gloves for me. Gave them a quick rinse, toss in bucket with other dirty, wash hands and back to the fun. I guess it was good training for later in life. People wonder how I can work around REALLY sick people and stop to wolf down food, then go back at it. :D

Do they even still sell those things any more? Don't pay attention any more. When we had babies I used to just rinse the poopy ones in the toilet that was next to the bucket. No gloves for me. Gave them a quick rinse, toss in bucket with other dirty, wash hands and back to the fun. I guess it was good training for later in life. People wonder how I can work around REALLY sick people and stop to wolf down food, then go back at it. :D
bubblegum happens, you got to eat.

LOL, the stores will soon not be able to give away stuff like TP. To the people in full blown panic they need to remember making butt wipe is not anything close to making ammo. People can buy every roll in the pipe line and the factories will just crank up 24/7 for a short time. Soon when enough people have a spare room in the house full of TP the shelves will be full again. Then the people who have a years supply will not be buying any for a hell of a long time. Food banks should soon start getting some huge donations of stuff too. Like the woman my Wife saw buying an entire shopping cart of Peanut butter. Wonder how long it will take till she is taking bags of the stuff to the food bank :s0140:
I'm pretty sure the process of making toilet paper is mostly automated and if there's anyone left who isn't sick those factories will keep churning out rolls. Yet people forget it isn't toilet paper that fights a virus it's a healthy body that fights it with a healthy immune system. Therefore I'll hang back and wait for the crowding at Costco to die down so I can walk into an empty, disinfected building and just grab what is needed when restocked

Tigard Winco yesterday, still empty today(toilet paper section):

0.jpg

Swung by Tigard Bi-Mart after this yesterday. They still had some TP's left. I've bought into the panic & bought another pack :(, also off-brand handsoap(favorite brand's gone everywhere) & some .45ACP shells(yes!).

Yesterday (03-12-2020) I went to Winco (Vancouver, WA) at about 1500 hrs. Right by the door....there was about half a skip of TP. Yes, there are limits on certain items throughout the store. At that time.....I believe TP was limited to four. BUT, that could change. :eek:

BTW.....I didn't buy any.

And, the check out line was longer than I am used to seeing.

Aloha, Mark
On the TP front, my insisted that we buy and install bidets in all of our major living space toilets several months ago. The idea is that when you done you turn on a valve and rinse off, then you just use a small amount of TP to dry off. But it occurred to me that we don't need TP at all. We could just use a towel or maybe a specifically purposed cloth wipe. Well, my wife has yards of diaper material left over from when she made diapers for our now 5 yo. She says she can cut that fabric into 4"x6" piece and finish them on her serger...thus we would use ZERO TP, which would also be very good for our septic system.

It took about 10 minutes each to install these things and now I wonder how we ever lived without them.

Some family members of mine have went to costco 3 times this week and never did Get tp . But they work in the day.They said today it was worse than ever . No rice ,beans , cleaning stuff hand sand ,or tp and nowhere to park.with checkout lines to the very back of the store.They never had to think ahead , there was always several stores in a short radius of home . I warned them several times to not run on a skeleton supplie of. Food , receiving a eye roll , Ive usually lived at least semi rural and being caught without some things could be a issue when the closest store or gas is 20 miles

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top