JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While a lot of this is funny to watch just think what will happen if or when we get something real? If you can get this kind of panic going over nothing just think what these people will be like when something that is real happens.

Well at least there
BREAK BREAK BREAK:

it was just confirmed that WinCo Hillsboro store 38 going out to Cornelius will be closing at midnight TONIGHT.

she just got off the horn with someone in store and said its currently swamped. I'll let y'all know more when she's off work tonight or on lunch break.

They won't open until tomorrow because they have to restock everything
I was in the one in Happt Valley 0600 Wednesday and it was oddly busy, but I guess the pandemic i death would explain it.

Well at least there

I was in the one in Happt Valley 0600 Wednesday and it was oddly busy, but I guess the pandemic i death would explain it.

Ya I only know of this one store. I assume the other one in Hillsboro will do it too? I know Costco is slammed.

She said she had troubles finding a parking spot to get into work today it's so crowded.

If you are a regular shopper best to just wait until panic buyers clear out. No use in wasting gas for table scraps.

The bad thing about it all is I can no longer say "Get your filthy hands off me you damn stinking ape!".. because of all the handwashing.

troubling times indeed

While a lot of this is funny to watch just think what will happen if or when we get something real? If you can get this kind of panic going over nothing just think what these people will be like when something that is real happens.

This is real, but people getting sick and dying is just the spark that starts the fire. It is all the closings - the border, the factories, etc., the consumer spending shutting down, the economic and supply impacts. Oh sure, there are going to be bad things happen directly to some people - but the rest of it will have a LOT of ripple effects. Not TEOTWAWKI, but probably a recession of some magnitude - hard to say how much. Hard to say what the political fallout will be too. Trump really fumbled this one, and he had a lot of people mad at him to start with - his support was way down before all of this came about.

This is real, but people getting sick and dying is just the spark that starts the fire. It is all the closings - the border, the factories, etc., the consumer spending shutting down, the economic and supply impacts. Oh sure, there are going to be bad things happen directly to some people - but the rest of it will have a LOT of ripple effects. Not TEOTWAWKI, but probably a recession of some magnitude - hard to say how much. Hard to say what the political fallout will be too. Trump really fumbled this one, and he had a lot of people mad at him to start with - his support was way down before all of this came about.
Yes, this will be politicized for sure as both sides ramp up campaigning

This is a damn joke. People convinced they are going to run out of butt wipe is real?:s0140:
Wait till we have something that is real. One thing about the people who are being temporarily laid off do to closings is there is a whole new industry booming. Hiring untold numbers of people to wipe down and sanitize everything for one. Another big service job will be people to fill orders for people who do not want to go into stores. I just saw the local school is going to run around and feed all the kids who can't go to school. After all we couldn't expect the parents to feed their offspring when school is shut down. So there is LOT's of jobs for those who work in service jobs and are short time out of work. The panic is hilarious to watch but, it should be a good warning to all what it will look like if we have a real problem.

I'll wait until things are restocked. Hopefully there will be less than 200 people in the store at that point o_O
LOL, the stores will soon not be able to give away stuff like TP. To the people in full blown panic they need to remember making butt wipe is not anything close to making ammo. People can buy every roll in the pipe line and the factories will just crank up 24/7 for a short time. Soon when enough people have a spare room in the house full of TP the shelves will be full again. Then the people who have a years supply will not be buying any for a hell of a long time. Food banks should soon start getting some huge donations of stuff too. Like the woman my Wife saw buying an entire shopping cart of Peanut butter. Wonder how long it will take till she is taking bags of the stuff to the food bank :s0140:

Just wait till utility companies have to fix sewage lines because folks start using random non degrading things to wipe and flush them on down.

This is a damn joke. People convinced they are going to run out of butt wipe is real?:s0140:
Wait till we have something that is real. One thing about the people who are being temporarily laid off do to closings is there is a whole new industry booming. Hiring untold numbers of people to wipe down and sanitize everything for one. Another big service job will be people to fill orders for people who do not want to go into stores. I just saw the local school is going to run around and feed all the kids who can't go to school. After all we couldn't expect the parents to feed their offspring when school is shut down. So there is LOT's of jobs for those who work in service jobs and are short time out of work. The panic is hilarious to watch but, it should be a good warning to all what it will look like if we have a real problem.

I work for one of the largest and oldest manufacturing corps in the world, that happens to also be deeply involved in how supplies get transported around the USA for anything and everything due to what it is that they manufacture and support during its use.

Believe me, they are taking this very seriously. There will be knock on effects down the line. If you want to work wiping down offices and schools, etc., and you think that is the answer to the people who will be unemployed from factories, then go for it. :rolleyes:

LOL, now that may start a real emergency alright, the sewers backing up :D
No joke. I've seen it happen. Had a bunch of ladies too embarrassed to throw away feminine products, so they were flushing them instead. Backed up not only our toilets, but the whole buildings toilets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top