JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This morning. Costco at 10:00 AM straight up. Traffic to get into the parking lot backed up to Sandy Blvd plus East and west on Sandy. Also backed up to Airport way, plus a bit. All we really needed to do was return the Turbo Tax we found out we couldn't use. I was going to get to the doors and let Wifey out to run in, figuring there probably weren't a lot of people returning stuff. Parking lot appeared full. Part way in I reasoned I wasn't going to even get to the doors in any reasonable time, so bailed. 10:20 AM at Winco, it wasn't too hard to get a parking spot. It looked like a typical day before Thanksgiving. They were directing traffic to the check-out lanes from two lines that went down the middle, to the back and halfway down the eggs/milk/dairy doors. The other line, back past the bakery, all the way down that side, across the dairy doors to the beginning of the beer cooler. The lines overlapped each other at the back of the store by about 50'. We only had about 15 items at the time. I got in line and sent Wifey to finish getting what we needed. It took less than 30 minutes to get out. Conversation with those in line was friendly and a good time was had by all.

Funny thing. A pretty little, youngish gal, sorta butted in, I guess, she showed up behind me once they let me go to a check stand and only had like six items in her basket. She was wondering what the heck the deal was. I said "You don't watch the news, do you?" She said "No" :s0112:

GD media and their hype! That's what really ticks me off, they way the media has turned this thing into a crap show.

Winco in south salem was a bubblegun show lastnight, log lines and the shelves were reunning really .low, no rice, beans. pasta or toilet paper..i mean come on.. people buyng 2, 3 carts full of crap. Checkout took longer then shopping. :confused:

Hillsboro was the same. Lines lines lines for simple grocery shoppers this is a massive set back so best to go at later hours vs peak.

Winco Beaverton paper aisle.

20200313_123206.jpg

Vancouver Winco not much better

Though this isnt as bad as the "snow incidents" in the last couple of years.

Got into a physical altercation in the parking lot over a shopping cart back then... literally so packed in the store there were no carts in the store and none in the corrals... people watching others unload their carts waiting to get it. Nutso out there. '

People have been fairly civil at this point.

We did a Costco ( Salem) run late last night, it was crowded, but not crazy like what you guys are seeing, and Walliwirld wasn't too bad!
3 areas I notice being wiped out, the aspirin isles, Cleaning supplies, and butt wipe/paper towels!
Gassed up both gas rigs while at Costco, and tanked up the two diesels, so we're good! Have 2500 gallons of fresh diesel out at the farm if we really get stuck long term, but I don't see that, and the farm might be our bug in in any case!
Going to try and hit Freedies after lunch rush, and then the Local IGA on the way back home!

The last thing I had to get was hamburger, went to my local butcher and took the last 40lbs of 80/20 he had. It was pretty busy for 11:30am on a Friday.

Long winded rant:

Its all media hype.
I was at winco just last night, idiots were waiting in line all the way back to the meat section.. I said: "this is insane".. thinking only one register was open (as is typical with Safeway and Walmart) I walk to the front.. FOUR registers were wide open with only one person in line. Sure, about 6-8 other registers that were also open had a small line but there was no reason for that big bubblegum line all the way to the back of the store.. but these GD sheep were all lined up for no effing reason. No one questioned it.. they just lined up like the brainless animals they are. Water, canned goods.. this isn't "prepping".. this is media hype panic buying at its best. And Im sure there is a huge political angle to it.. I still dont see piles of dead bodies.. I just hear "accounts" of things.. no names, no exact locations with hard numbers.. all accounts.. think about who has to gain the most from creating panic and shifting focus off the Bernie/Biden fight as well as make Trump look bad.. this is the perfect stage for it.

These people panic buying are the basic bubblegum consumers that online advertisers absolutely love. They buy anything they are told, they panic buy when they are told.. they are far too glued to their screens to think for themselves. Its truly pathetic.

Then you have the second wave panic buyers, they see the empty shelves and think "Well I need some too, so I better buy a little bit" which just contributes to the lack of supplies. This is the ammo panic but with non perishable food and toiletries..

Im still baffled as to why TF toilet paper is being bought out completely. Makes zero sense. This isn't a stomach flu epidemic. Do that many people bubblegum in public restrooms that now are staying home?!

Agent K from "Men in Black" had it right: "People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Yesterday (03-12-2020) I went to Winco (Vancouver, WA) at about 1500 hrs. Right by the door....there was about half a skip of TP. Yes, there are limits on certain items throughout the store. At that time.....I believe TP was limited to four. BUT, that could change. :eek:

BTW.....I didn't buy any.

And, the check out line was longer than I am used to seeing.

Aloha, Mark

Long winded rant:

Its all media hype.
I was at winco just last night, idiots were waiting in line all the way back to the meat section.. I said: "this is insane" thibking only one register was open (as with Safeway and Walmart) I walk to the front.. FOUR registers were wide open with only one person in line. Sure, about 6-8 other registers that were also had a small line.. but these GD sheep were all lined up for no effing reason. No one questioned it.. they just lined up like the brainless animals they are. Water, canned goods.. this isn't "prepping".. this is media hype panic buying at its best. And Im sure there is a huge political angle to it.. I still dont see piles of dead bodies.. I just hear "accounts" of things.. no names, no exact locations with hard numbers.. all accounts.. think about who has to gain the most from creating panic and shifting focus off the Bernie/Biden fight as well as make Trump look bad.. this is the perfect stage for it.

These people panic buying are the basic bubblegum consumers that online advertisers absolutely love. They buy anything they are told, they panic buy when they are told.. they are far too glued to their screens to think for themselves. Its truly pathetic.

Then you have the second wave panic buyers, they see the empty shelves and think "Well I need some too, so I better buy a little bit" which just contributes to the lack of supplies. This is the ammo panic but with non perishable food and toiletries..

Im still baffled as to why TF toilet paper is being bought out completely. Makes zero sense. This isn't a stomach flu epidemic. Do that many people bubblegum in public restrooms that now are staying home?!

Agent K from "Men in Black" had it right: "People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

It's nothing more than mental masturbation.

I was in my local neighborhood Walmart about 8:30pm last night. The check out lines were pretty long and all of the check stands were pretty much out of plastic and paper bags. The shelves with the Tylenol and cold medicine were looking pretty bare. People were nice though. I wound up buying three of those blue Walmart cloth grocery bags (which I had to grab from another register) but only needed two so I gave the extra one to the couple behind me. It was worth the smile. I want to get some hard boiled eggs from the Costco but I don't know if it's worth the hassle.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews