JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The do have individual items on sale - they have a different colored price tag near the item. It is usually competitive with Costco on many items, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. Ditto with Costco - I see items there I know are more than elsewhere.

The prices fluctuate and since I buy the same items most of the time, I know when the prices are better than usual.

Yes.

(At least at my local Winco)

Green(price tag) is the lowest price, Yellow intermediary and Pink highest.

It's gotten to be that if it ain't a perishable regular staple (rather, more shelf stable stuff that I may buy on occasion), if it ain't green, I keep pushing the cart down the lane.

The varying price of our grocery bill (leaving the store) depends largely on how many green tags are out on the stuff that we like to buy.

I see items there I know are more than elsewhere.

I've seen this, but I don't think Winco has loss leaders. I don't shop Fred's much anymore because they're not "Fred Meyer" anymore, they're "Kroger". The few times I do go there I'm flabbergasted at some of the outrageous price on some things compared to a regular price at Winco. I'll support Winco, and wouldn't bat an eye if Kroger shriveled and died.

Is a WINCO store like a Kroger grocery store?

I think that they want to build or put in a Winco store where the old Shopko store was in this town but I am not positive now.

Maybe they will just make the old, closed up Shopko store a Winco store. I remember reading something about this on the KECI website months ago.

Cate
WinCo is in the class of wholesale grocers, no frills, good selection of brands across multiple product lines. Its a bag your own grocer, employee owned and last I knew part of the SuperValue family.

WinCo is in the class of wholesale grocers, no frills, good selection of brands across multiple product lines. Its a bag your own grocer, employee owned and last I knew part of the SuperValue family.
Winco's are also open 24 hours. Everybody talks about the "people of walmart", however, Winco has its own "unique" crowd.
Disclaimer: I love shopping at the Winco's in my area. Nobody judges me there. :cool:

Winco's are also open 24 hours. Everybody talks about the "people of walmart", however, Winco has its own "unique" crowd.
Disclaimer: I love shopping at the Winco's in my area. Nobody judges me there. :cool:

Yeah, Winco does have it's own people.:rolleyes: Not like Walmart though. They are like me, simple, common and looking to not get screwed buying groceries! I've actually come to prefer Winco. At Winco you don't gt so many rich-witch types, in their Lulu Lemons, standing on their cell phones blocking aisles. It might be a little strange at first for regular Fred's shoppers, but it didn't take me long to feel at home there. But then I'm a common, no-frills man that feels like an alien when I go into a Whole Foods or New Seasons.

Happy Valley winco got let in 20 at a time starting at 0700, toilet paper by checkout not in aisle. Plenty. Didn't need any.
Very civil, most stuff is available. Lots of stocking activity and pallets of stuff on the floor this morning.

I shop at the Winco down in south Commercial. the people seem more working class types and the elderly. Not many that seem to go there for their day out, unlike Costco.
I finally got into a whole foods around Christmas and i think they handed out clip on man buns at the entrance. I sent in my nephew and niece.

I finally got into a whole foods around Christmas and i think they handed out clip on man buns at the entrance. I sent in my nephew and niece.

SHUDDER.......Oh butt, Whole Foods came out with "Lower Prices" here some time ago. So there's that.

This is the best thing I've seen since the recent hoarding started. :D

dgb85pid5jn41.jpg

Smoke it if you got it.
Don't bogart that joint, man.
I can kinda relate. We have ammo cans full of pills, they have jars full of buds. No problem with rotation.

So I sold a SIG today - you should all be proud of me!

What does this have to do with Winco & Costco?

Well, on the way home I stopped at Costco in Tigard and picked up about $500 worth of supplies - about half that for my kids (they needed some stuff they couldn't find earlier). Costco did not have TP, sanitizer, etc. - but they did have paper towels. As far as I could see, they seemed to have most of everything else - no bare shelves. They were low on rice and a few bulk items like that. They had limits on some things - like rice - one Asian couple tried to buy two bags and got told no.

Then I went over to Winco and picked up some more stuff. There were a few bare shelves there - but not as much as before.

Both stores had significantly fewer people inside and outside. Most people tried to practice distancing, but there were a few that just didn't seem to care - especially those that looked like they reside in a 'trailer park'; they brought their kids along too.

It was really nice to drive around during rush hour and not have to wait for traffic. It seemed like the traffic was about 20% of normal.

The Costco in Clackamas started having people line up at 5:00 to get in this morning.It was supposed to be from 8 till 9 for the over 60 group but we all know how that went.Someone said the line went from the front door all around the building to the back and over by Sweet Tomatoes! Not sure in it was that long but it was crazy long. Had 8 pallets of TP which was gone by 9. I can kind understand some of the hoarding mentality but I really do not get TP and kitty litter,They had a limit of 1 on both of them. Freddies and Walmart both had empty shelves on litter,WTF. All this is driven by media hysteria but the traffic sure is nice.Clear roads kinda like before the California infestation ,we better enjoy it while we can.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top