JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just was wondering what other FFL's are charging for a BGC / Transfer fee for a private sale.
I am asking 'cause I recently did a trade ( straight across ) and the dealer that I used ( closest one to my home ) charged $50 for the transfer.

I paid...'cause I really like the rifle...but $50 seems a bit excessive.
I understand that I am taking up the store's time / clerk's attention...and the store needs to pay for lights , heat , inventory , etc...
But damn...$50 seems a lot for what little was done.

In any case , Just wondering if $50 was actually a good or "normal " price for this service.

Please note that I am not in favor for BGC's for private sales...I voted against it.
Andy
If they gave you a sloppy ol' kiss as part of the process, then you done good…. if they didn't then you got f…… er, never-mind!

;):D

I only charge $20 total ($10 for OSP, $10 for my time), but my side biz is just that. The next closest shop it is $65 which is, imho, insane. The rest I've seen locally are somewhere in the $25—40 zone, which is doable.

I used to use this guy in Lacey. He had a Lego store. But in a private backroom, a wall of guns. He got his FFL mainly for his own stuff, but did transfers and ordering to qualify as a "business". What a trip. It was $20 for transfers thru him, but kinda long drive for you, my friend.

ETA: Oh, yeah, he didn't ask about the import (or whatever it was called, it's not a sales tax) tax, and I didn't bring it up.

Just like Hazmat fees, that started at $10, BGC have gone up because everyone has to have it.
Forced compliance.
Just like, you have to buy a new 5G phone because you old one won't work anymore. (Sorry. This one really pisses me off) :mad:

OSP bgc is $10. Not sure about other states, but the ffl charges their fees as well. Some dealers charge more for online transfers vs in store/pvt party. $25-$40 is reasonably normal, more than that is taking advantage.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews