JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
_nc_ohc=tzTq4SX9-xEAX8agHtl&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

That's the plight that all leaders face. But at the end of the day, they still have a job to do - popular or not, and IMO she hasn't been doing it!

What is so extreme and unpopular about just following the CDC testing guidelines? I don't think that's going to cause an uproar.
She seems to do well pushing her agenda.

More speculation: I took 6 mostly European nations (first world nations) that had atleast one death. Eliminated Germany with 0 deaths and Italy with 366 deaths as of this writing. Italy, I believe, numbers are skewed due to large area lock downs.

Death rates
France: 1209 cases 19 deaths .0157 death rate
Spain: 979 cases 25 deaths .0255 death rate
Switzerland: 374 cases 2 deaths .0053 death rate
UK: 280 cases 3 deaths .0107 death rate
Netherlands: 265 cases 3 deaths .0113 death rate
Australia: 76 4 deaths .0526 death rate

average: .0211 or 2.11%
standard deviation: .0015 or .15%

South Korea: 7478 cases 53 deaths .0071 death rate

So, assuming the best data set is S.Korea due to rigorous testings, .0071 S.Korea DR / .0211 EU average = .3365 or 34%
This would mean EU is only catching a little over 1/3 of total cases and 2/3 are undetected.

More speculation: I took 6 mostly European nations (first world nations) that had atleast one death. Eliminated Germany with 0 deaths and Italy with 366 deaths as of this writing. Italy, I believe, numbers are skewed due to large area lock downs.

Death rates
France: 1209 cases 19 deaths .0157 death rate
Spain: 979 cases 25 deaths .0255 death rate
Switzerland: 374 cases 2 deaths .0053 death rate
UK: 280 cases 3 deaths .0107 death rate
Netherlands: 265 cases 3 deaths .0113 death rate
Australia: 76 4 deaths .0526 death rate

average: .0211 or 2.11%
standard deviation: .0015 or .15%

South Korea: 7478 cases 53 deaths .0071 death rate

So, assuming the best data set is S.Korea due to rigorous testings, .0071 S.Korea DR / .0211 EU average = .3365 or 34%
This would mean EU is only catching a little over 1/3 of total cases and 2/3 are undetected.

I think the South Korean case fatality rate is skewed because almost half the confirmed cases are people in that religious sect and I think they are heavily skewed younger.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
  • Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer's disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm
Divide those numbers by 365, ignore the sum and go on fearing the flu hype and hoarding TP

I think the South Korean case fatality rate is skewed because almost half the confirmed cases are people in that religious sect and I think they are heavily skewed younger.

Being of half Korean decent and being around these kimchee eating peoples all my life, I know many turn to religion later in life especially Christianity. This just my observation. What would skew the data is smoking. Koreans smoke like a chimney stack. Korea never really went through the 'Smoking may cause lung cancer' phase like we did in the 80's.

Smoking may increase getting respiratory problems and/or death once getting respiratory syndrome but would skew the death rate upwards. Could this be the reason younger people rarely experience respiratory problems? Youths don't have years of damage to their lungs (smoking or environment like Italy).

I dont expect the state or federal gov to save me or stop this. Bad things happen, people die, i think its up to each to do what they can to save themselves. I took simple steps to give my self options that are avail to me. Im not planning on self quarantine but i gave my self that option, i bought hand sanitizer and cleaning products, food and basics a month ago so i could limit my interactions. Im not eating out daily like i used to and when i go to the store once a week or so i buy food for the week and stock pile a few more days into the stash, im washing my hands evertime i come inside, using the hand sanitizer every time i get in my car, wiping surfaces down like my keys and phone and such, spraying the bottom of my shoes before i enter my house ect. ect. I feel its overkill but im doing it beacause i can. Im not wearing a mask im still running my business and meeting people and if i get sick and die than so be it ive lived a good life on my terms were all going to die eventualy so might as well not be afraid of the what if.

Last Edited:
  • Intentional self-harm
Divide those numbers by 365, ignore the sum and go on fearing the flu hype and hoarding TP

Our medical system has no issue dealing with the above deaths. They have grown steadily over time and the medical apparatus with it. It wasn't like we all of a sudden went from 1960's levels of heart disease and population to 2020 levels of the same using the same medical structure...no, we've grown our system to deal with our problems.

The problem with wuflu (SARS-cov-2/nCov-2019) is that it is very fast spreading, sends predominantly older people to intensive care, and kills a small percentage. We have only so many intensive care beds, hospital beds in general, ventilators, etc. What do you think happens when all of these have been handed out and the sick keep pouring in?

I can appreciate that you're trying to draw a comparison, but it's a false equivalency at best due primarily to the fact that what you've shown does not overwhelm the medical structure. I wonder what will happen to patients with the above conditions when the rest of the structure is overwhelmed with nCov?

Anyway, something to chew on for you. Also, there are roughly 70M people over age 60 in the USA. If the death rate is as low as 0.5%, and infection rates between 40-70%, that means 140,000 dead at minimum in this age bracket, or roughly 3x your flu and pneumonia stat.

Unfortunately, the real death rate isn't known but I've seen estimates as low as that 0.5% and as high as 4-5% (which would be 1.12M dead in the above example).

At the rate it is currently spreading, and given a few weeks of symptoms until death, that's a lot of people tying up resources.

Run the numbers however you see fit, but please just run the numbers. Look to examples of widespread infection (China, Italy, Iran) and keep an eye on emerging spreads (S.Korea, Japan, Europe) for how bad this could get here. It took ~3-4 months for China to get the way it is now, and we're only ~2 months into our infection start with epicenters growing in Seattle, New York, Portland, etc.

Have I convinced you, yet, that this isn't the flu? (No, I'm not saying to panic. I'm 32 and in decent shape. Non-smoker. I'm feeling' lucky. But I am worried about others in my community, my parents, and my wife. My daughter, I think, will get the sniffles and shake it off as most kids seem to do with this.)

Ammo and guns are good.. Been too poor to do any shooting as of late , so just kept the stockpile around and only shoot when I can afford to buy new ammo. Don't have a wife, kids or any loved ones.. I could use some emotional support, but do have a little liquor around when I get too sad.. Helps me a bit with some of trauma I have had to deal with from the tornado episode I endured. Not too much liquor though as it is an immune-suppressant. Didn't care too much about that for the last week though.. Was more worried about people finding my corpse under a pile of rubble.

Humm.....speaking of emotional support?

emotional-support-pistol.jpg

Funny that the Govt and Airlines will allow emotional support animals in many places. But not this item (which has better "pooping" controls).:eek:

Aloha, Mark

• Intentional self-harm
BINGO!!!! Just get right with God!!!

:mad: Just a friendly reminder to the clod that bought the last 238 bottles of hand sanitizer, cleared all the shelves of Lysol and chlorine wipes....
.... Do you realize that for you to stay healthy, everyone else is also going to need to wash their hands and disinfect stuff too? :eek:

:mad: Just a friendly reminder to the clod that bought the last 238 bottles of hand sanitizer, cleared all the shelves of Lysol and chlorine wipes....
.... Do you realize that for you to stay healthy, everyone else is also going to need to wash their hands and disinfect stuff too? :eek:

Maybe it's up for re-sale on eBay or Amazon?:eek:

Out of the 22LR business and now in the sanitizer business?

Aloha, Mark

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top