JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Exchanged a propane tank last night. Bought some more salt, IPA, TP, PT, paper plates, plastic utensils, and some extra 20 Gauge ammo, along with various OTC meds.

If I can't go to the grocery store for fresh meat I'll go to the hills.

This weekend Will refresh my gas reserves.

No. We have a global trade relationship with China that would set us back several decades in tech if we had to shut down travel to and from China. Additionally, COVI-19 is in over several dozens nations already. It's already here in the US. Due to it's epidemiology being so similar to virus that cause various chest colds and severe respiratory symptoms, it spreads faster and more efficiently. If you're reasonably healthy and not immune compromised you should be fine. Eventually we will all get exposed to it and build up a natural immunity to it. Same as the common cold. Hopefully it does not mutate into something worse, which is a possibility, but unlikely to be any more damaging than it already is. We believe it's 2% mortality is a stretch but we won't really know until the "pandemic" runs its course. Flu killed over 80,000 IS citizens last year, and I would be no more concerned with COVI-19. Sadly the companies selling Flu vaccines are targeting the strains which requires perfect forecasting, when they get the regional strains wrong lots of vulnerable people die. They could have targeted the root of the Flu types. Hopefully with COVI-19 they don't pull the same stunt, unless it's scientifically unreadable to do so. I would not worry about it unless you or a family member is high risk, in which case you can prepare for the virus by eating a healthier diet, getting more exercise, and having a medical provider and supplies prepared for a (40) day quarantine.
2018"China has sought to acquire US technology by any means, licit or illicit," James Andrew Lewis, Senior Vice President at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, wrote in ...
First thing, if it wasn't for the technology the Chinese stole from us, they would still be living in the stone age.Bottom Line Large Corporations rely on CHEAP LABOR period at any expense.. Many things have been said about the so-called natural immunity to this new strain of virus. Researchers believe many cannot build a natural immunity fast enough & always the possibility the virus mutating.
US policy for decades was to pretend we can trust "Communist" China. All the while ignoring the mass thefts, heists and lies to which Communist China has for decades subjected us. It's really been quite pathetic so many traitor Americans back "Red China" .God bless Donald Trump. Who parachuted into Washington, DC – and demanded we stop allowing ourselves to be royally screwed by Communist China.

What I find very interesting/confusing is how many people are so polarized on the subject, some say its no bid deal and nothing to worry about while others are saying it is going to be a castastrophe pandemic level threat!
It is soooooo hard to wade through all the opinions and try to form one for yourself and be somewhat objective about it all.:oops::eek:!!!!!
I will add that my business is allready starting to feel the economic effects in terms of some of our venders telling us that probably in the next 3-4 weeks product will start becoming very scarce and eventually non existent if the factories in china do not reopen by March 1st.
PS. I will also add to the fact that I very much appreciate this thread and would be very dissapointed if it gets locked, so please for the love of all that is holy be respectful to others and save the personnel attacks for the mother in law and progressives!!!!:)

What I find very interesting/confusing is how many people are so polarized on the subject, some say its no bid deal and nothing to worry about while others are saying it is going to be a castastrophe pandemic level threat!
It is soooooo hard to wade through all the opinions and try to form one for yourself and be somewhat objective about it all.:oops::eek:!!!!!
I will add that my business is allready starting to feel the economic effects in terms of some of our venders telling us that probably in the next 3-4 weeks product will start becoming very scarce and eventually non existent if the factories in china do not reopen by March 1st.
PS. I will also add to the fact that I very much appreciate this thread and would be very dissapointed if it gets locked, so please for the love of all that is holy be respectful to others and save the personnel attacks for the mother in law and progressives!!!!:)

I think a middle ground is the right approach. It is obviously going to affect supply chains and the economy.

It is obviously going to make some people here sick.

I wouldn't go buy a boat and sail off into the ocean, but buying a few essentials that you can use in the future anyway, now before they get scarce is probably a good idea.

All I did was move some prepping items a few pegs up my list instead of a new whizbang scope I wanted.

CDC Warns: Your Facial Hair May Keep Face Mask From Working

Back in the Day, Coasties used to sport beards, it was a thing. Think 1970s-80s. Then came worries of chemical warfare and facial hair was gone, except if medically approved. (a small number of people will get in-grown facial hair if they don't grow it out)

If you are sporting that Mountain man look, or hipster vibe, you might want to prep a razor or two.

CDC Warns: Your Facial Hair May Keep Face Mask From Working

Back in the Day, Coasties used to sport beards, it was a thing. Think 1970s-80s. Then came worries of chemical warfare and facial hair was gone, except if medically approved. (a small number of people will get in-grown facial hair if they don't grow it out)

If you are sporting that Mountain man look, or hipster vibe, you might want to prep a razor or two.
I'd rather just gasp for air and die

:s0108:

Here's some logistics to consider...

In the first weeks, the US factory in China that makes N95 masks for nearly everyone - was told - "No Exporting. China Use Only".

within a week - The Chinese Government flat out NATIONALIZED the same mask factory.

Make sure you know what masks work and which don't! It could mean the difference between getting sick or not!
Those surgical face masks you see every one in Asia wearing do not work, they only keep you from passing your sick to others, not to prevent you from getting the nasties your self! Better make the run to the stores now, because there will be shortages and price gouging later if you wait!

I wouldnt say its no big deal but i also dont think its the spanish flu, im not buying masks and prepping for the 2nd coming, i have bought some things that i might need but will use anyway even if it turn out to be nothing: dog and cat food (large bags), a few months of basic food that keeps, oatmeal, pancake mix, butter and syrup, snacks like chips and cookies (gota have those), $20 in varing ramen noodles, pasta, spaghetti sauce and Alfredo, frozen goods, canned fruit and veggies, chili and such, country time lemonaid mix , orange juice mix both dry and frozen, powdered milk ( this is the only thing that might get tossed if this blows over), dry goods stoed In sealed rubbermaid bins, made sure i had a couple set of fresh batteries for my favorite flashlites and filled up a couple 5 gal gas ( with stabil ) cans for the generator amongs a few other things, probably spent less than $350 in preps to top things off. All of it i will use regardless.

Last Edited:
In the first weeks, the US factory in China that makes N95 masks for nearly everyone - was told - "No Exporting. China Use Only".
There are no masks left at this point already. All stores and online have been cleaned out already.
There is a Canadian manufacturer. Last week they announced they had received over $10 million in orders, 24X normal volume. They are increasing production but estimate they will only be able to fill 30% of orders. Their stock is up 90% in the last 3 days.

Last Edited:
Make sure you know what masks work and which don't! It could mean the difference between getting sick or not!
Those surgical face masks you see every one in Asia wearing do not work, they only keep you from passing your sick to others, not to prevent you from getting the nasties your self! Better make the run to the stores now, because there will be shortages and price gouging later if you wait!

All the stores near me were sold out a month ago. I bought some on Amazon.

Rubber gloves and masks are tough to come by now. After seeing empty shelves at a few places, I swung into an O'Reilly auto parts store and found boxes of nitrile gloves still available.

Also, please don't shut down this thread. Not sure what it's gonna take to get it off probation, but it's becoming increasingly valuable by the day -or hour.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top