JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I think it's well past time that we as a Nation look at Medical & Fiscal calamities and take a more balanced approach. The "It's an either-or" is a false choice and would have dire results on either side of that unbalance approach.

At some time, all of this will become a moot point.

With or without a disease running rampant, the economy (that is, people's livelihood) has to be active.

There is no other choice but complete surrender to, and complete dependence upon, government officials. And that would be a total disaster.

I don't know when we'll reach the point at which we cannot wait any longer. But we're awfully close to it now.

If in the odd chance and you become part of that 40% are you going to really care about the economy? What about if it is a member of your family? People forget that this can happen to any of us. To me and it is my personal opinion - to all those that are not concerned about catching this crap - go have a party and lick some door knobs and have fun but don't blame those of us that think this is the beginning not the end of the pandemic. Maybe the sky is falling only time will tell.
I know of three people close to me who've contracted this novel coronavirus. All testing positive. One of them being an "at risk" senior who has a heart condition for which he was hospitalized recently. None of these has required medical care.

I'll keep my subjective opinions out of this post so's not to muddy a perfectly objective truth.

If in the odd chance and you become part of that 40% are you going to really care about the economy?
You're damn right I am!! I've got a dozen nieces and nephews that are going to inherit this shieteshow that our economy has been turned into. And for what?? Certainly nothing worth the damage done.
Between media hype, government incompetence and overreach, I've had enough. Get out of the way and let business be business. That's the quickest and best fix we can get. Take adequate precautions to protect yourself, whatever you may deem them to be, and get on with living.

Something else is going on here they're not telling. There is nothing toxic about chloroquine phosphate when taken at the proper dosage. It has been used for decades for malaria prophylaxis and treatment. I took it myself for a number of years while overseas.

More than likely there was some other ingredient in the "fish tank cleaner" that caused the problem. Many of the articles that come up in a Google search on this have a strong "let's blame Trump" flavor. There's something very "fishy" about this story.

Homicide detectives investigate death of man who drank chloroquine

You're damn right I am!! I've got a dozen nieces and nephews that are going to inherit this shieteshow that our economy has been turned into. And for what?? Certainly nothing worth the damage done.
Between media hype, government incompetence and overreach, I've had enough. Get out of the way and let business be business. That's the quickest and best fix we can get. Take adequate precautions to protect yourself, whatever you may deem them to be, and get on with living.
During the 1918 pandemic it was the second wave that did the majority of deaths - are you so willing to bet that this will not be the same. Yes I want the economy to get back to normal - found out Friday I am getting laid of and I do have concerns for my family's well being but I am also concerned for their health. We can recover from a job loss I would have a heck of time trying to understand that they died because a lot of individuals chose ignorantly especially when our medical professionals are saying one thing and these self appointed want to be doctors think they know better.

During the 1918 pandemic it was the second wave that did the majority of deaths - are you so willing to bet that this will not be the same. Yes I want the economy to get back to normal - found out Friday I am getting laid of and I do have concerns for my family's well being but I am also concerned for their health. We can recover from a job loss I would have a heck of time trying to understand that they died because a lot of individuals chose ignorantly especially when our medical professionals are saying one thing and these self appointed want to be doctors think they know better.

Again the 1918 pandemic is completely different than covid.
We have 100 years of medical advances to work with. Which helps.
How many people will die from the economic downfall? Do you care about them? Obviously not.

Also if you at high risk, stay home! No one is telling you, you have to go outside and play.
Those who are ill or are at risk should still stay home and use social distancing.

There are a lot of things you could do to boost your immune systems and be healthier.

Problem is a lot of people made terrible life choices and/or are just plain lazy and are at higher risk.
Maybe this should be a wake up call to those people to stop being lazy and gluteness and start being proactive in their health.

In 1918 living conditions were dramatically worse than today. Pair that with medicine at the time (I believe the very idea of a thing called a "virus" was just gaining traction) and the first World War and one can clearly see why it's not a fair comparison. Or they can keep using it as some kind of example since it fits the narrative.

:rolleyes:

There's some speculation that vitamin D plays a big part since most Americans are deficient in Vitamin D, and would make sense why the Black community would be harder hit as well.

I hope that's something doctors would look into and do some studies on.

If government allowed the people to vote on everything, and majority rules, population centers like Portland and Seattle would dictate their own values to the entire state. Is that what you are suggesting? I'm not really a big fan of that, but that is just me.

In 1918 living conditions were dramatically worse than today. Pair that with medicine at the time (I believe the very idea of a thing called a "virus" was just gaining traction) and the first World War and one can clearly see why it's not a fair comparison. Or they can keep using it as some kind of example since it fits the narrative.

:rolleyes:

I would agree with how bacteria is handled but there has not been that much change in how viruses are dealt with. Both the spanish flu of 1918 and the covid-19 are considered "novel" meaning new and covid-19 does not have a reliable treatment. Some virus do not have a treatment yet - for example the common cold. Please tell me how this is so much different - and how we are so much better prepared?

If government allowed the people to vote on everything, and majority rules, population centers like Portland and Seattle would dictate their own values to the entire state. Is that what you are suggesting? I'm not really a big fan of that, but that is just me.

Isn't that exactly what we get now with gov and mayors?

Isn't that exactly what we get now with gov and mayors?
No, representative democracy in WA. Senators and reps distributed by district similar to the Feds. Mayoral powers don't extend beyond city borders. Would you want a majority of misinformed citizens making Covid choices for you? That is one of the major reasons such pushback for Gov emergency powers. Too much rock for one hand.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads