JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So far no conclusive evidence regarding chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine. The Chinese study that all this hope came from published an abstract with more complete findings that showed no effect vs placebo (or even numerically worse effects).

View attachment 673869
I am not a doctor, like most people on this site.
We all want information. I would just point out a couple of things;
This study comes from China, everything is suspect.
The sample size is 30 patients. The results from the doctor in New York who treated 100 patients this month had 0 deaths.
I don't have the link, but the well respected doctor in France who has treated patients with this drug combo also had a greater
group size. You can draw your own conclusions.
Hope is not a plan, but I await more data. I am cautiously optimistic.

No, I'll not share his BIO we have HYPPA laws. Also, please refrain from bringing religion into this site as it's against the forum rules that you agreed too when you signed up here. Thank you in advance.
Failed to read em when I signed up! I was too happy to find this site and just pushed agree! My bad. If anyone wants to PM me about the faith I have in me I would be happy, no GRATEFULL, to share what I believe! We have an Enemy and its not called COVID19. Nuff said!

I am not a doctor, like most people on this site.
We all want information. I would just point out a couple of things;
This study comes from China, everything is suspect.
The sample size is 30 patients. The results from the doctor in New York who treated 100 patients this month had 0 deaths.
I don't have the link, but the well respected doctor in France who has treated patients with this drug combo also had a greater
group size. You can draw your own conclusions.
Hope is not a plan, but I await more data. I am cautiously optimistic.

I wish more folks with healthcare or scientific backgrounds would chime in to clear the air on this particularly sensitive topic. The big picture idea is: We can't cherry pick the current data we are seeing for hydroxychloroquine. We can't dismiss negative data because that would keep us from truly understanding if the drug is effective or not.

This study from China is relevant because of two things: (1) the patients that gave hope to chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine came from this group and (2) it's a randomized clinical trial. Point #2 is important because the French study that treated with hydrochloroquine with/without azithromycin was NOT randomized (the term is "single arm open label"). That means the French study, especially because it's small, is very susceptible to bias because people want to see what they want to see. That could manifest in cherry-picking patients, patients believing it works (placebo effect), the control patients being completely different so that the results are not comparable, etc., etc.

Doctors cannot draw any conclusions from the mixed bag of data we have. We as normal people should not either.

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients — ProPublica
Now, I am not sure exactly where this publication falls on the fake news to actual news spectrum, although it seems quite left leaning from what other articles have for subjects... but key details remind me of the vaping illnesses reported last fall...

The mortality in younger patients is non-zero. We're going to see cases of otherwise healthy younger people dying. Fortunately there's only a single case of a teenager (14) dying, and no one younger.

_nc_ohc=WO0slMrrqBgAX_SBI71&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

The mortality in younger patients is non-zero. We're going to see cases of otherwise healthy younger people dying. Fortunately there's only a single case of a teenager (14) dying, and no one younger.
I read that article yesterday and I believe he said there were several people in that ICU that don't meet the typical conditions for a severe case, which made him realize this is much worse than flu.

I'm not sure yet that the vast majority of cases will be older people. Certainly the majority will, but CDC shows about 20% of hospitalized cases are people under 42 (or was it 44?). Maybe many of them smoke/ vape?

If someone who is as healthy as that Michael Bane guy is gets a serious case, it must be for a reason other than poor health. Michael Bane

Maybe certain people are more susceptible regardless of health?

BTW, please keep posting here, I've benefited greatly from your input, and I know I'm not alone.

Last Edited:
So... within my 6 Degrees.... :(

One close friend in Vancouver. Keen and aware, has all prelim symptoms but very muted. temp loss of smell got his attention. Low fever - 35 male - health conscious - being responsibly cautious. Works solo - but has lots of contact with the world. No idea how he got it. Self quarantine remotely - doing very well.
Next - Another (unrelated) Northlands of Vancouver - Buddy's woman. High social contact with probable infected (nursing homes) - mod high risk - has had previous pneumonia issues. Classic symptom progressions - no doubt at all about being infected. Fever swings - the works. Has turned the corner she thinks. After calling it in to locals almost 2 weeks ago - they won't test her for some reason. They are lock down. Not worried. He's previous health care worker w/creds. Doing well.

On another note - wife and I lovingly refer to the local neighborhood children as, "Vectors" now...

Last Edited:
Wow, there's a silver lining in all of this after all...

Well......just yesterday I learned how to.....
Deposit a check into my account without having to be at the bank. Yup....I learned how to use the bank's APP.

Now, how can I get them to credit my account without having to actually turn over the CASH?:eek:

Aloha, Mark

Actually, my daughter, who is something of a mac & cheese connoisseur, loved the fancy dancy gourmet mac & cheese I got her from Costco once. I don't remember whether it was organic or not. Not that she or I cared - but she said it was good (maybe she was just being kind to her poor old dad - maybe she threw it out after gagging on it - I don't know). I don't like mac & cheese - the cheese flavor sucks IMO - had some when I was a kid, never really liked it - but if I was hungry enough I could eat it - unlike cooked spinach or liver.
Have you tried the Devour brand? Best mac and cheese that I have ever had including restaurants. It is in the frozen food section, Safeway Fred Meyer etc.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads