JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

"When we attached tiny, backpack-like tracking devices to five Australian magpies for a pilot study, we didn't expect to discover an entirely new social behaviour rarely seen in birds.

Our goal was to learn more about the movement and social dynamics of these highly intelligent birds, and to test these new, durable and reusable devices. Instead, the birds outsmarted us.

As our new research paper explains, the magpies began showing evidence of cooperative "rescue" behaviour to help each other remove the tracker.

While we're familiar with magpies being intelligent and social creatures, this was the first instance we knew of that showed this type of seemingly altruistic behaviour: helping another member of the group without getting an immediate, tangible reward."

https://www.sciencealert.com/we-thought-we-understood-plasma-loops-on-the-sun-we-might-be-wrong

coronal-loops-trace_1024.jpg

Voting - Technology Update

1 - paper based
2 - "secure" at least as secure as the State's lotto systems - and you haven't heard of those being hacked, given the $$$ in play, they are a rich target.

Are there some ways fraud can get in - sure. Still have the issue of someone with a bit of knowledge voting on behalf of another registered voter. Example might be a nursing home.

The state may fail to clean up their voting roles -- cause why would that change?
The state may register ineligible persons - again why would that change?

ref:

Last Edited:
That's frickin AWESOME!

So, HOW DA PHUCK does a kids wheelchair cost $20,000 dollars, WTAF Over!!!
Something is very wrong in this country when something costs THAT fooking much!

That's frickin AWESOME!

So, HOW DA PHUCK does a kids wheelchair cost $20,000 dollars, WTAF Over!!!
Something is very wrong in this country when something costs THAT fooking much!
Meh. $20,000 is cheap...I have a buddy whose adult kid requires a $65,000 wheelchair.
I might have a pic of it around here or on my phone, but I'd have to edit out the faces for privacy reasons, if I found it...

https://www.inverse.com/article/60470-hometown-for-humanity
Modern Botswana

But then, wouldn't you know it, they started driving those 700hp muscle cars an SUVs and the climate changed and they had to leave.
"But around 130,000 years ago, two specific climate shifts opened what this team refers to as "green corridors." These corridors acted as pathways that our ancestors followed out of the homeland."

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews