JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Fusion Milestone

Researchers detailed yesterday the generation of a so-called burning plasma, a key milestone toward self-sustaining fusion power. The paper covers the results of a series of experiments carried out over the past two years.

Unlike traditional nuclear power, which relies on fission—energy released when a heavy atom splits into lighter atoms—fusion power harnesses energy released when lighter atoms combine (watch 101). A burning plasma is one where fused atoms provide the majority of heat, a critical step toward the ultimate goal of creating a fusion reaction with enough power to sustain itself. Fusion reactions create millions of times more energy than sources like coal and natural gas, and many researchers consider the commercialization of fusion plants a holy grail of power generation.

The experiments took place at the National Ignition Facility at Livermore Lab in Livermore, California, a facility that focuses nearly 200 lasers onto a single fuel pellet. Go inside the facility here.

OpenAI rolls out newest iteration of its language generation platform; InstructGPT is said to be less toxic and offensive, and less prone to misinformation (More) | GPT3 explained (More)

Researchers demonstrate artificial intelligence platforms can be constructed using the mechanical and optical properties of everyday objects as opposed to computer chips (More)

Koenigsegg's Tiny Electric Motor Makes 335 HP And 443 LB-FT Of Torque; weighs only 63 pounds – Road and Track

bc5cf8435a73e13c-org-1643642969.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.jpg

Does that say it's a Flux Capacitor? My Koeniggggesggggescgggggg is a bit rusty.
(top one)
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FiptD6Nf.png

5 Seconds !

"On Wednesday, however, scientists working in the United Kingdom announced that they more than doubled the previous record for generating and sustaining nuclear fusion, "
"The JET tokamak near Oxford, England, produced a record amount of sustained energy from nuclear fusion.
"English village of Culham, near Oxford, were able to generate a record-breaking 59 megajoules of sustained fusion energy over five seconds on December 21 last year."

https://www.fastcompany.com/9071893...r-plastic-thats-two-times-stronger-than-steel

" It's two times stronger than steel under load tests, with just one-sixth the material bulk."

What does the author mean? IF I make a beam, I can support 2x the weight with 1/6 the size (height/width)?
Or is this a pull test - if we had to pull your truck out of the mud, ?

I need an article between the 2 above.

edit to add:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/02/220202111732.htm
" Light but strong
"The researchers found that the new material's elastic modulus -- a measure of how much force it takes to deform a material -- is between four and six times greater than that of bulletproof glass. They also found that its yield strength, or how much force it takes to break the material, is twice that of steel, even though the material has only about one-sixth the density of steel."

So, maybe if I make a steel beam, and one of this material, the 2DPA-1 would be 1/6 the weight of the beam for the same size
and able to support a greater load.

Last Edited:
https://www.fastcompany.com/9071893...r-plastic-thats-two-times-stronger-than-steel

" It's two times stronger than steel under load tests, with just one-sixth the material bulk."

What does the author mean? IF I make a beam, I can support 2x the weight with 1/6 the size (height/width)?
Or is this a pull test - if we had to pull your truck out of the mud, ?

I need an article between the 2 above.

edit to add:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/02/220202111732.htm
" Light but strong
"The researchers found that the new material's elastic modulus -- a measure of how much force it takes to deform a material -- is between four and six times greater than that of bulletproof glass. They also found that its yield strength, or how much force it takes to break the material, is twice that of steel, even though the material has only about one-sixth the density of steel."

So, maybe if I make a steel beam, and one of this material, the 2DPA-1 would be 1/6 the weight of the beam for the same size
and able to support a greater load.

This doesn't mean that evolution doesn't happen. Instead, it probably means that it can happen very rapidly when forced in particular ways. The study is also probably evidence of a mass-extinction event.

EDIT: I no longer trust Tech Times. Here's an article that claims to be a review. If you read it, it's clearly a scam. If you search for "echochip scam", you'll find they've got fake "reviews" all over the net.

But I did find this (first video has cursing in it):

It's about $2 worth of hardware that makes 3 led lights blink.

EDIT 2: While the site cannot be trusted, the gene survey story is published on phys.org too, so it may be legit:

Last Edited:
The first link has some good images of what is going on

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews