JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It has been awhile since adding to this thread. I have since bought two pistols in the 10mm Auto: G40 MOS and Tanfoglio Witness Hunter. I am not a good Glock shooter, I always seem to shoot left with Glocks. The Witness in my hands feels better and I shoot it much better, too. They both handle recoil very well but I am only keeping one, so the G40 has been listed here.

The 6" barrel of the Hunter should be a big asset to the 10mm.
Nice lookin gun.
It really is. I only see having a 10mm in a 6in barrel minimum, never shorter.

Wanna make fun of the 45'ers and LARP like you are the FBI using 10mm from yesteryears? Wanna completely fanny fluster 9mm peasants and use the line 40 short and weak?

Well chuck ya better get a 10mm! It drops a moose, chuck norris praised it, its an even number!
.45 ACP is an "11"

Yea, and the expense and the SIG has problematic neck tension.
The .357 Sig is just a .38 Super that's harder to reload.
Now, as to an affordable 10, there's the $849 Ronin...
Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 7.41.28 PM.png

I added a 10㎜ to the mix last year:

10-automatica-jpg.796119

Then added a light and 19-round magazines, for 20 shots on tap:

extended-jpg.797817

Then largely forgot about it for a while. Maybe I do more shooting with this one on the weekend. :s0155:

Since suffering from brain mites a couple years ago & selling a Sig220-10, I've drifted from one sad empty waterfront dive to another, before coming across a nifty Kimber Target II in 10mm. Great caliber for 1911! Even with a 5" barrel.

It has been awhile since adding to this thread. I have since bought two pistols in the 10mm Auto: G40 MOS and Tanfoglio Witness Hunter. I am not a good Glock shooter, I always seem to shoot left with Glocks. The Witness in my hands feels better and I shoot it much better, too. They both handle recoil very well but I am only keeping one, so the G40 has been listed here.

Guns shoot left predominantly because the trigger is being pulled in a manner that rotates the gun ever so slightly to the left, if you straighten out the trigger pull, the groups straighten out. (Unless sights are off) I shot my glock to the left for a while before I refined my trigger pull, and when I am not doing my part, it still happens.

Guns shoot left predominantly because the trigger is being pulled in a manner that rotates the gun ever so slightly to the left, if you straighten out the trigger pull, the groups straighten out. (Unless sights are off) I shot my glock to the left for a while before I refined my trigger pull, and when I am not doing my part, it still happens.
Yeah, I get that it is all in the grip and trigger pull/ squeeze but my shooting left is only with Glocks (17 and 40), I shoot many different types of handguns in many different calibres, too. The G40 MOS comes with adjustable sights and appear straight, i am not messing with the sights. I am sure I am in the error, I just do not feel I need to re-learn how to shoot this gun when my others work just well. I shot 10 sets of 5 shot groups while consciously thinking of my trigger work at short distances, did good at 7 yards but bad at 25 yards, the same is not true of my other pistols. Just not a Glock shooter. :s0092:

Yeah, I get that it is all in the grip and trigger pull/ squeeze but my shooting left is only with Glocks (17 and 40), I shoot many different types of handguns in many different calibres, too. The G40 MOS comes with adjustable sights and appear straight, i am not messing with the sights. I am sure I am in the error, I just do not feel I need to re-learn how to shoot this gun when my others work just well. I shot 10 sets of 5 shot groups while consciously thinking of my trigger work at short distances, did good at 7 yards but bad at 25 yards, the same is not true of my other pistols. Just not a Glock shooter. :s0092:

What are the weight of the other guns? I've read that light guns and heavier triggers cause this most often.

Sorry, OP
I just don't know if you're cool enough to own a 10MM.
That you're hesitating and asking questions and that implies that you may be too timid for the 10MM that only real men can shoot. It's proven science that the more 10-MM pistols you own, the larger your genitals are which is why I quit after 5. Getting my pants made with a third leg is expensive!:s0060::s0066:

What are the weight of the other guns? I've read that light guns and heavier triggers cause this most often.
CZ P-09 31 oz w/ 4.5 in barrel
CZ P-07 27.7 oz w/ 4in
DW 1911 42.3 oz w/ 5in
GLOCK 40 35.4 oz w/ 6in 10mm
GLOCK 17 22 oz w/ 4.5in
Tanfoglio Hunter 46 oz w/ 6in 10mm

All are 9mm except where stated.

I used to have a Glock 20 for hiking in bear country (as a last resort after bear spray which is proven). It's a great caliber and you can get lots of shots downrange. However, it really isn't the stopping power I'd want if I had to face an aggressive bear or moose. A two legged aggressor, sure. A big kitty, oh yeah (even though you'll never see it coming). You will likely only have time for one or two shots, and for that reason I carry a 44 mag. Much better cross sectional density which is important for smashing and incapacitating with a less accurate, under-stress shot. .454 is even better, but I find it hard to be accurate with the super stout loads.

One other reason I switched back to a revolver for woods carry is that I have had a very inconvenient issue come up with magazine fed handguns when hiking through rigorous terrain... the magazines somehow disengaged and in one case even fell from the handgun. That is with a very good holster and with two different Glock 20s and two different factory magazines.

One last consideration; imagine you're being mauled, the bear is on you and it is determined to eat or kill you. You somehow manage to get the handgun with your non dominant hand and you press it against the writhing, stinking, matted fur of the beast. You know you're in for a painful, horrifying death, you aren't thinking that the semi auto you're holding will not function if it's pressed against something too hard because it disengages the slide, and you may forget that a limp wrist may cause the firearm to malfunction as well. In that situation, I want to be able to pull the trigger five times and save the last for myself.

Last Edited:
I used to have a Glock 20 for hiking in bear country (as a last resort after bear spray which is proven). It's a great caliber and you can get lots of shots downrange. However, it really isn't the stopping power I'd want if I had to face an aggressive bear or moose. A two legged aggressor, sure. A big kitty, oh yeah (even though you'll never see it coming). You will likely only have time for one or two shots, and for that reason I carry a 44 mag. Much better cross sectional density which is important for smashing and incapacitating with a less accurate, under-stress shot. .454 is even better, but I find it hard to be accurate with the super stout loads.

One other reason I switched back to a revolver for woods carry is that I have had a very inconvenient issue come up with magazine fed handguns when hiking through rigorous terrain... the magazines somehow disengaged and in one case even fell from the handgun. That is with a very good holster and with two different Glock 20s and two different factory magazines.

One last consideration; imagine you're being mauled, the bear is on you and it is determined to eat or kill you. You somehow manage to get the handgun with your non dominant hand and you press it against the writhing, stinking, matted fur of the beast. You know you're in for a painful, horrifying death, you aren't thinking that the semi auto you're holding will not function if it's pressed against something too hard because it disengages the slide, and you may forget that a limp wrist may cause the firearm to malfunction as well. In that situation, I want to be able to pull the trigger five times and save the last for myself.
I am right there with you in the same mental thinking. I do have a 44 mag and 454 Casull, but having 14 or more rounds of 10mm Auto makes me lips my lips and rub my hands. :D I also intend to hunt with 10mm A.

I am right there with you in the same mental thinking. I do have a 44 mag and 454 Casull, but having 14 or more rounds of 10mm Auto makes me lips my lips and rub my hands. :D I also intend to hunt with 10mm A.
I loved mine as a range toy. I like recoil and normally hate Glocks but mine just shot exactly where I wanted it to every time. I just wish the magazine issue hadn't popped up, I sold it after the second occurrence. Now if Beretta would make a PX4 Storm 10mm...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top