JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brace. Stock. At this point they are the same thing. Penalties are the same.

FORM 1 and call it a day. Pretty simple really.

Last Edited:
Did not watch any of the vids, but if you have possession of a pistol and a stock/brace for that pistol, and the ATF/courts consider the brace to be a stock, then that is constructive possession regardless of where you store the stock. Same goes with a short barreled upper and a stocked lower. If it is in your possession, it is in your possession, even if the two items are stored a thousand miles apart.

Relying on someone in the government saying "don't worry, trust us, we won't prosecute you for this" is foolish. That isn't how court trials interpret the law - they go by the law, not something some government official said in a YT vid.

Did not watch any of the vids, but if you have possession of a pistol and a stock/brace for that pistol, and the ATF/courts consider the brace to be a stock, then that is constructive possession regardless of where you store the stock. Same goes with a short barreled upper and a stocked lower. If it is in your possession, it is in your possession, even if the two items are stored a thousand miles apart.

Relying on someone in the government saying "don't worry, trust us, we won't prosecute you for this" is foolish. That isn't how court trials interpret the law - they go by the law, not something some government official said in a YT vid.
I'm a random guy on the internet and I approve this message.

I'm not really sure why we are talking about this. What possible legal reason do you need to keep your brace? If you want to keep stuff around to violate the law, just do it and shut up about it.

Just dont listen to it, and dont follow it. They can suck it. Mass non-compliance is the only way to fight it.
Mass non-compliance of a non-registered item doesn't fight anything.

When those million NYers didn't register the ARs the state knew they had, THAT is fighting.

Im saying if it becomes regulated item like surpressors. If the "ban" goes through. Dont register $hit. They dont need to know about it.
And I'm saying it doesn't change anything to own contraband no one realizes is out there. It isn't "fighting". It is "hiding".

how could "they" not know that theres literally millions of braced pistols out there when they estimate between 3-40million and only 250k have been registered as of may 22 according to washington gun lawyer william kirk?

how could "they" not know that theres literally millions of braced pistols out there when they estimate between 3-40million and only 250k have been registered as of may 22 according to washington gun lawyer william kirk?
"They" will of course know there are a TON of these things still out there. 99.99% of the people who keep one can keep it and nothing will happen. Not sure what anyone gets from this but to each their own. To me its no different than keeping any other NFA item that is not papered. Not sure what the "fun" would be if I can't use it. I do miss my braced pistol but did not want to paper it so its gone. Will build another AR pistol here when I get some time. No buffer tube, will just use a single point sling. Not as nice but will still be both fun and useful. I did not keep my brace as to keep it but not be able to take it out to shoot would do nothing for me.

Because they are often cheap and people may have simply thrown them away. Or they put a 16" barrel on.

By the same token, how many pistol uppers or regular stocks have been sold without any sort of tracking or registration? Who knows how many illegal SBRs are lurking out there? The ATF sure doesn't have any idea about either of them. The assumption is that people bought pistols and if they wanted pistols and don't have a disability, they can keep shooting them as pistols.

I just find the whole thing tiresome because you could buy and hide a real rifle stock if it was important to you. But suddenly you have an extra 'brace' stock and that's the hill you want to die on? That piece of poorly shaped plastic is not worth a felony, nor is the non-message it isn't sending.

We're still talking about this regulation that been dropped…… @solv3nt (I did it for you)…….

What's another thread right? We all know our options. We know the consequences. Make a decision and shut up about it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top