Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Conn Police register >50,000 "Assault Rifles" and Magazines

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by rick benjamin, Jan 19, 2014.

1. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

So, does everyone there feel safer? Has the crime rate dropped precipitously since the registration? (all rhetorical)

I wonder what happens next if Conneticut has another event like Sandyhook...

4. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

On 50K? I think Grants Pass itself have lots more rifles then that. If it had ever contagious to Oregon then I am very sure Lots of people become criminals :)

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

No.... The schlubs in the legislature(s) who would vote for such a law would become the criminals.

6. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

I would bet another 50,000 rifles and mags weren't.

Brutus57, chariot13, Riot and 4 others like this.
  7. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Way more than that. The state estimated nearly 400K MSRs and 1M+ mags. CT is experiencing massive non-compliance, and not much of a mention in the media about it. I don't think the state knows what to do about it yet.

8. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

In less than 5 years >50,000 guns will be confiscated.

Registration = Confiscation

9. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I sure hope that the gun owners in CT will get off their butts and vote out the fools that crammed that stupid law down their throats! Gary

10. razormanxx

razormanxx eugene Active Member

Can someone explain why they want legal owners to register their rifles and mags, and what they hope that accomplishes, seriously. Don't give me the answer " so now they know where to come confiscate them".

11. U201491

Bingo

12. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

The most common excuses seem to be

1. So stolen firearms can be directly traced back to previous owners - in other words, the burden of proof-of-ownership is placed on the legal owner, and not the criminal, and the owner is somehow expected to play a part in prosecution of firearms-related crimes, even if their property was stolen..

2. So that if someone suddenly is no longer qualified to own firearms (e.g. convicted of a felony, or judged mentally incompetent, or some other imagined offense that would indicate this person is no longer "safe" to own firearms), the authorities immediately will know what they own. This of course falls directly into the confiscation category which you asked not to be mentioned, but that's what it is.

Notice how neither one of these truly address or prevent the majority of gun crime in this country, which is almost completely gang-related, drug-related, and otherwise on the hilt of those who already have a criminal record and have no intention of playing by the rules.

13. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Federal Way Active Member

yep, and those that complied will deserve what they get

14. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

gun crime? Is that like gun violence? Where we need more gun control? Gun needs to be taken from those and shown for what it really is: crime, violence and control.

15. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I lay in bed at night hoping that one of my guns doesn't turn violent. It might come after me in my sleep. Guns are scary, mean-spirited things.

16. fuhr52

fuhr52 Lane County. Oregon Well-Known Member

Are we talking about assault rifles or semi auto AR 15 rifles? I can't imagine 50,000 people in Conn. can afford assault rifles.

17. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as an assault rifle.........that is just a made up name by the anti's.

18. U201491

Careful, those damned libs will take you at your word.It is exactly how they think.

19. fuhr52

fuhr52 Lane County. Oregon Well-Known Member

There are assault rifles. They are select fire, semi auto, three shot burst and full auto. They are expensive and must be registered with the government. AR 15 isn't an assault rifle. AR as in AR 15 stands for Armalite Rifle not Assault Rifle.

20. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Show a picture of a factory stamp on the mag well or barrel saying assault rifle. If it is not stamped as that it is a m 16, m4 or whatever it happens to be stamped on it.