JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find this part interesting: "hand counts indicate that gun owners registered 50,016 assault weapons and declared 38,290 ammunition magazines."

It seems to support large scale noncompliance as who would own an "assault weapon" without at least a handful of standard-capacity (over 10 rounds) magazines? If I was going to comply to the letter of the law I'd have to declare ten times the number of "ammunition magazines" as I did rifles. Or do they mean old issues Handloader Magazine when they say that? I have to admit it is almost funny hearing the antis stumble over the whole clip, magazine, ammunition feeding devices thing.

There are assault rifles. They are select fire, semi auto, three shot burst and full auto. They are expensive and must be registered with the government. AR 15 isn't an assault rifle. AR as in AR 15 stands for Armalite Rifle not Assault Rifle.

Show a picture of a factory stamp on the mag well or barrel saying assault rifle. If it is not stamped as that it is a m 16, m4 or whatever it happens to be stamped on it.

Still no pictures. Kinda hard to get a picture of something that doesn't exist. Tell Bloomberg you failed miserably along with a few other people that have tried. Also don't try any photoshop pictures.

I've been applying to jobs all over the West but I refuse to go to a state where one might consider some of my theoretical firearms and or accessories must be registered. Gutless politicians today can not deny me my right from codified over 200 years ago.

Brutus Out

Show a picture of a factory stamp on the mag well or barrel saying assault rifle. If it is not stamped as that it is a m 16, m4 or whatever it happens to be stamped on it.

You have to go back to the original, go to google translate and google "sturmgewehr" (as in STG-44). You'll get "assault rifle"
The term made up by the media was "assault weapon" because they realized "assault rifle" DID have an actual definition and they were using it incorrectly.

There is no such thing as an assault rifle.........that is just a made up name by the anti's.
I think you might be confusing 'assault weapon' with assault rifle. The former is indeed a political term made up by the nimrod Josh Sugarmann of VPC infamy in the '80s. The assault rifle was the Sturmgewehr 44. Sturmgewehr literally means 'storm rifle' in German. Storm as in assault in a battle, not the weather phenomenon. There are those who would say that any battle rifle capable of burst or automatic fire would be an assault rifle. As an aside, this web page has some telling quotes from VPC around the time the term 'assault weapon' was coined.

There are assault rifles. They are select fire, semi auto, three shot burst and full auto. They are expensive and must be registered with the government. AR 15 isn't an assault rifle. AR as in AR 15 stands for Armalite Rifle not Assault Rifle.

You and I know that but Susie Soccer Mom does not and she's voting because be dammed if some old white guy is gonna be in charge of her 'Gina! Guns are evil too because her lyin' ex made her watch Platoon one night on Netflix when she wanted to watch Dancing with the Stars.

Brutus Out

Brutus Out

I have seen some estimates that there might be a million or so semi automatic firearms that Connecticut considers 'assault weapons'. With around 50,000 of these and roughly 40,000 (numbers might be switched around) of the now banned standard capacity magazines registered I would hope they can see that they have the numbers to effect a change.

I have seen some estimates that there might be a million or so semi automatic firearms that Connecticut considers 'assault weapons'. With around 50,000 of these and roughly 40,000 (numbers might be switched around) of the now banned standard capacity magazines registered I would hope they can see that they have the numbers to effect a change.

If they would ALL stand their ground they would nullify the law.
It would be non enforceable without a military type action and that would be the lantern in the church tower.!

People should get on their gun forums and tell them to stand their ground.
They have the numbers to nullify that damned tyrannical law.

You have to go back to the original, go to google translate and google "sturmgewehr" (as in STG-44). You'll get "assault rifle"
The term made up by the media was "assault weapon" because they realized "assault rifle" DID have an actual definition and they were using it incorrectly.

I think you might be confusing 'assault weapon' with assault rifle. The former is indeed a political term made up by the nimrod Josh Sugarmann of VPC infamy in the '80s. The assault rifle was the Sturmgewehr 44. Sturmgewehr literally means 'storm rifle' in German. Storm as in assault in a battle, not the weather phenomenon. There are those who would say that any battle rifle capable of burst or automatic fire would be an assault rifle. As an aside, this web page has some telling quotes from VPC around the time the term 'assault weapon' was coined.

Like you both said it is a Sturmgewehr 44 or a STG-44. It may have been coined an assault rifle because you take it to a fight but the same could be said for a 10-22 if you were deranged enough to go into a mall or theater and start blazing away. but you gave the real names. So why not call them what the manufacture called them instead of letting people propagate a lie. When it is stamped assault rifle then the term will be correct. Like they say tell a lie enough it becomes the truth.

Look up battle rifle, assualt rifle is news media for "I don't know what the hell it is"

Can someone explain why they want legal owners to register their rifles and mags, and what they hope that accomplishes, seriously. Don't give me the answer " so now they know where to come confiscate them".

Mancat hit a small portion of it...the term "confiscation" is just easier to say than the round-about-way of making the lives of gun owners difficult.

Let me explain...

Look at the gun laws, itself. It doesn't just make all gun owners register their "assault rifles" and hi-cap mags, it makes anyone that doesn't illegal to possess them. California, for example, has done a brilliant job of weeding out their ARs and AKs to almost non-existance...now they're making up more and more laws about even CA compliant ARs and AKs...but I'll try not to drift too much.

When you make it impossible to bring in more "assault rifles" to your state, then all you really have to do is contend with the ones still in your state. CT cut off the water flow from the rest of the US so more of them can no longer be transfered into CT legally. So that leaves all the guys that actually registered.

So you registered them, now what? More laws to follow...

Well, you've got to make sure they've registered them all right? Let's make sure they're safe with them! If they own one, then they probably own two...so now the liberals think to themselves "we've got them on the run! Now what?" Because with any legislation- if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile.

So the Libtards upstairs sit in their comfy chairs and 24/7 armed security thinking "well how else can we make it seem like we're doing everything we can to prevent crime?" (translation: how can we actually put the throat on the people more without actually doing anything but making legal citizens outlaws)

Libtard 1- "Hey, I've got an idea, let's make sure they're being safe with them!"
Libtard 2- "What do you mean?"
1- "Lets make it so that anyone that still wants to keep their assault rifles has to have them secured in a safe."
2- "Oooo, I like it! But what if they can't afford a safe?"
1- "Then we'll give them a trigger lock and make it manditory that they have to use it"
2- "But how will we make sure they're using the trigger locks?"
1- "We do random and yearly inspections on their homes. No Warrant or cause needed! Then, when they're out of compliant, we'll just confiscate their guns and make an example of them! Oh and if they have children in the home with an unsecured assault rifle, we'll report them to CPS and charge them with endangering a minor, all under the guise of preventing another Sandy Hook! The sheep will cheer us for taking away their 2nd and 4th Amendment rights!"

Don't think it could ever get that bad?

Read up on NY gun laws...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads