JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are just prepping for the economic collapse of the USA.

The gov cares about their power and survival, hence the drones, heat and sound weapons.

Other than that, enjoy the buffet. Have fun; think happy thoughts and all that; you can't change what is coming so live each day in the debt bubble like it is your last.

Don't sweat Predator overflights in the US any time soon. The Obama administration is busy giving our tax dollars to Egypt, Solyndra, welfare recipients and soon, Greece Italy and everyone else who lines up. HS and the Pentagon will be gutted to send illegals to college before drones will get funded. Sunbathe in your backyard nekkid and the drone taking your photo will direct itself into the ground in disgust!

Further proof that 9/11 was an inside job. You can vote all you want, but this kind of bubblegum will continue until there is massive blood shed. The FAA Reauthorization Act and the NDAA back to back, coincidental??? I think not.

Funny thing is the miscreants in Congress already got & spent all the money. Do they think they'll find more from the sky? Seems more important now than ever to get older, experienced politicos out of govt immediately!

U.S. opening up airspace to use of drones - Technology & science - Science - DiscoveryNews.com - msnbc.com

This article provides more clarity and I will assume it is accurate for now.
"The first step comes in 90 days when police, firefighters and other civilian first-response agencies can start flying UAVs weighing no more than 4.4 pounds, provided they meet still-to-be-determined requirements, such as having an operator on the ground within line-of-sight of the drone and flying it at least 400 feet above ground."

As a private pilot, I'm still concerned that we're going to see a mid-air collision when one of these drones is put up near an airport, in the path of an instrument approach (used for low or "bad" weather), or other.

Of course, there are all of the unresolved issues around privacy too...

Peter

U.S. opening up airspace to use of drones - Technology & science - Science - DiscoveryNews.com - msnbc.com

This article provides more clarity and I will assume it is accurate for now.
"The first step comes in 90 days when police, firefighters and other civilian first-response agencies can start flying UAVs weighing no more than 4.4 pounds, provided they meet still-to-be-determined requirements, such as having an operator on the ground within line-of-sight of the drone and flying it at least 400 feet above ground."

As a private pilot, I'm still concerned that we're going to see a mid-air collision when one of these drones is put up near an airport, in the path of an instrument approach (used for low or "bad" weather), or other.

Of course, there are all of the unresolved issues around privacy too...

Peter

Very interesting that the restrictions for the Police Fire and Civilian First Responce agencies is much more restrictive then for a plain old been around since 1933 Radio Controled Model Airplane.

A R/C plane can weigh up to 55lbs without special permits from not the FAA but the Academy of Model Aeronautics (the insuring body) As to altitude I have never heard any rules pertaining to this nor is there any way to even judge this with any accuracy. As to speed well some Model airplanes do over 200 miles and hour. You can fly in Parks heck you can fly indoors if you have a big space.

Local cops love it: Police employ Predator drone spy planes on home front - Los Angeles Times

But since when do cops ever care about the Constitution? Just following orders, jawohl!

Acting lawfully to the Constitution is not important to those that want local, state & federal laws as the law of the land first. They get to infringe upon your Constitutional rights for as long as they possibly can, by waiting to see if its finally ruled Unconstitutional by the Supreme Court later down the road. This says to me that they think the Constitution is invalid until further notice. That the Constitution is not law so lets work backwards from tyranny to freedom; by enforcing & allowing lower decree'd laws such as local, state or federal ones to set the precedent of what we acknowledge in the Constitution. Meaning you don't get 'permission' to such Freedom until it is later ruled that the restriction (local, state, federal law) is Unconstitutional. Restrictions come first, Freedom's a afterthought.

Example 2 their rain gutter needs mowing.

Hehe, show them this picture:

1uqfi.jpg

I'm confused. An unloaded predator drone weighs 1,130 lb. So if the FFA is allowing drones of a max weight of 4.4lbs to fly over the US and the weight goes up to 55lbs in May of 2013.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46499162/ns/technology_and_science-science/#.T0uQHsx7eIV

Then how the heck are any Predator Drones being operated anywhere over the USA? Since they appear to be slightly heavier then allowed by law.

I'm thinking that once again the reporting is slightly off the actual facts. And the reporters are calling any drone even the ones the size of R/C planes a Predator Drone.

Kind of like any rifle is an Assault rifle.

<broken link removed>

This is a very recent incident in Denver, where a private jet was approximately 2500' above the ground and nearly collided with something. If it was a drone, I doubt that the responsible agency will come forward and admit it.

The article implies that the incident occurred in controlled airspace, but that is yet to be confirmed. If true, there should be a larger concern since most airline traffic operates in controlled airspace.

As a pilot, I fear we'll eventually see another situation and there will be a loss of many lives...

Peter

And jumping up and down pointing at the sky isn't going to change anything. If this has your panties in a big wad. EXACTLY what do you plan on doing to change it. Or is whining about it on a firearms forum plenty?

They'll blame Bush and Cheney, or Pelosi and Ried, and then rest of the Republicans and/or Democrats, then vote for the EXACT SAME incumbant politican and/or political party they have ALWAYS voted for time and again... expecting a different result, each and every time.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the drones on the ground that keep repeatedly voting for the same schmucks that put the drones in the air in the first place, rather than the aerial drones themselves. :s0054:

OK so I have a Question were all you privacy guys screaming about the fly overs that have gone on for decades looking for hot spots in houses as a way to locate indoor pot grow operations?
And it did happen. I have a friend who used to work for a 'Government Agency' and in the 90's it was his job to interpret FLIR data from flyovers in the US to do the aforementioned. I saw many pictures and FLIR screenshots and was given demonstrations of some of the equipment. Some of the aircraft he flew in were unmarked and were in fact, black.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top