JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lived in Silverton for a while, I think I might have an idea of who your talking about. Didn't they end up buying a bar or something like that? Rain Gutters need mowing, that's hilarious.

Oh Dude if you knew the redneck goober gap tooth werdos that lived behind me you sure wouldn't have tried to make that joke.

As an example. 10 years ago they wanted to put an AC unit in the living room. The window in the living room on that side did not open. SO they threw a CHAIR though it and broke out the glass. They then took a used gray sheet of 3/4" plywood and cut a hole in the middle to fit the AC unit. They then nailed that up over the window on the outside of the house. It has not changed since then.

Example 2 their rain gutter needs mowing.
Example 3. He rented a paint sprayer to paint the house. All went well until he got to the back wall. The one that most faces my deck. He sprayed the paint while it was raining so the crap streaked. Its still streaked 8-9 years later.

He was doing something with a 20 Ga shotgun and managed to shoot his wife in the stomach with it from about 15 ft away. She is SO FAT that it didn't reach anything vital. She was home 3 days later. they told some kind of matching story to the local cops who didn't even take the damn shotgun away.

The oldest boy is now known as Tina and wears evening dresses bought at goodwill. The younger boy (now about 26-27) hides behind my fence with his buddies smoking POT.

The mother the daughter the younger son and once and a while all work at a local mini market gas station.

Their back yard gets mowed maybe once a year the front yard has vehicles parked on it most the time.

And these are people that inherited over 1/2 a Million bucks when her dad died. First thing they did was run out and buy her a HUGE wedding ring set. He took the 2 year old Dodge pickup they got and traded it in on a lease of a F350 Dually quad cab thing. At the end of the lease he had to pay almost 20K to keep it. We figure he paid almost 35K for the ford.

He has no teeth. and its not from meth. Just not using a toothbrush.

SO if your my backyard neighbor sorry about mowing the lawn in the nude.

I would say that this is an illegal search. After all if the SCOTUS can determine that placing a GPS tracking device on your car constitutes a search and requires a warrant, then I would believe that this type of surveillance would also. Further eroding our right to privacy!! SAD.....

Read and weep...

Curtilage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The boundary between the home and the curtilage that surrounds it, on the one hand, and the open fields beyond the curtilage, on the other, is also important for the application of the prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures under the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The warrant requirement of the Fourth Amendment applies only to the "home," which courts have construed to include the area immediately surrounding the house in which the intimate home activities occur, but not to the open fields beyond. The requirement that law enforcement officers obtain a warrant before searching a suspect's home extends, therefore, to the curtilage, but not to private property beyond the curtilage, even if their access to such "open fields" without the owner's permission would constitute a trespass."

More on this:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_11_78/ai_n42126009/

OK so I have a Question were all you privacy guys screaming about the fly overs that have gone on for decades looking for hot spots in houses as a way to locate indoor pot grow operations?

Cause since those seam to have passed the legal litmus test how is the drones any different?

And jumping up and down pointing at the sky isn't going to change anything. If this has your panties in a big wad. EXACTLY what do you plan on doing to change it. Or is whining about it on a firearms forum plenty?

Oh and PS they never bought a bar or much of anything they did by some HOT little runabout boat he fell for at a RV and Boating Show which turned out to be totally worthless as a fishing boat and you could get two out boards big enough to pull mom up on skis. They had it for about two years parked in the front yard and they it wasn't there so they either lost it to the lender or sold it.

I was part of an outfit in the 60's testing an infrared, radar, TV system to spy on the Ho Chi Minh trail. We were in S. Carolina (rectum of the universe)
Totally unofficial; but they used to fly around the mountains looking for hot spots from stills. There is a lot
happening that is not strictly legal but it gets done.

At some point a drone is going to collide with a private aircraft or a civilian airliner, and people are going to die. There is simply no positive separation between aircraft and the drones. It gets even more risky if the drones are operating near an airport.

Peter (pilot)

Oh, I hate to differ Peter, although local doesn't get involved, approach and enroute are made well aware of Global Hawk, Predator and Raptor domestic flights and the appropriate roouting takes place.

33 yrs, FAA NorCal TRACON

Dune, I'm thinking about the smaller drones - not the big boys. Think about something perhaps deployed by a SWAT team member or other, near an airport or say along the ILS.

Several years back a Cessna Caravan went down in one of the Gulf states. They found odd, red-like paint markings on the Caravan. The pilot died. I don't believe it was ever resolved, but there were signs that the Caravan collided with something. I personally believe it may have been a UAV.

Peter

MarkW, mission creep is all about technology eroding the intentions of the law. Before long the fancy hardware will be able to peer right through your blinds into your home, and then what? "Hey, they've always been taking aerial photos, what's the big deal?"

The big deal is that the people spending our tax dollars have a bottomless reservoir and a wide-open mandate that seems to be totally blind to basic constitutional protections. Science marches on - you and I are naked in their spotlight.

Amendment 9 in the Bill of Rights explicitly states that no, the Constitution doesn't have to mention Predator drones in order for us to be protected against unwarranted spying by them. We are legally entitled to protections that the Framers would have agreed to - and without doubt that means a freedom from nonstop invasion of our privacy.

Right and its a start but since various police/gov forces are already using choppers to take pics/thermal imaging of yards/houses and they've gotten a pass from various courts, its not settled law by any means.

More than thermal imaging, they also use x-ray and other high powered radiation devices to scan people's houses and cars. They also scan crowds at major events with these things. Just another reason why cancer rates are through the roof.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top