JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok so they want to take them... well does he have a friend or a son or daughter....give them away....I know this is garbage but there should be ways around this stuff.....

You Really have to watch what you sign and watch what you say to the doctors those sob's are just waiting to get what you have. they say its for your safety BS. well then let me keep my goods and I will be safe.
From another Veteran

<broken link removed> said:
Arnold received a letter that his firearms would be taken away July 30. An inspector was scheduled to go to Arnold's home August 6 to complete and inspection and seize the guns.

<broken link removed> said:
Veteran Affairs spokesman Bret Bowers confirmed a letter had been sent to Arnold from the VA's benefits office in Salt Lake City, but he said that VA policy prohibits discussing individual health records without consent. Bowers added that the agency doesn't have the authority to confiscate weapons.
"We don't send officers to confiscate weapons. We are about providing health care to veterans," he said.

VA admits to sending letter, then states they don't have the authority and that they don't confiscate guns.......... Well, that's odd, why does the letter say that they are going to? Why would they be sending someone over to do so?

It's a good thing that Mr. Arnold and his friend Rick organized this, if not I'm sure his guns would have been stolen by the VA.

Ray

Sure, a vet's ID seems like a cool thing....discounts for dinner, goods, etc. but to me it is a clear attempt by the government to update information on us. This way they do not have to cull through old records but here comes Mr. Or Mrs. Or Miss Patriotic American handing them current info. No thanks, if someone wants to question my vet status I will show them a Legion card, and failing that, an ancient Eye Dee.

Brutus out

Another thought. if you are a vet. Don't check the box that says "incompetent" and also check the box that says "I have firearms"

This gives me an idea though. Perhaps I should have a form for my patients that says "Do you have firearms that you dont feel safe around? Check here and your doctor will 'dispose' of them for you" (in his safe).

mwhuauaua!

There was a man in Coos Bay a few months back that got a similar letter at the time a simple call from then saying they were going to share the letter with media, prompted the VA to cancel there investigation. Really would have like to have seen this letter but apparently this is all being done in a very sneaky way was the first I ever heard in Oregon but came from a very reliable source that knew the man and saw the letter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top