JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
House-security.jpg

She *is* right about one thing... it's time for a conversation, about how the fundamental right of effective means to defend self and community is more important now than ever before.

Other than that, policy advice from a Bush League-er? HARD PASS, thank you.

She's wrong. The second does not give anyone rights. The rights as Jefferson said are unalienable. What the Second does is restrain the government from screwing with those rights.

To adjust the second dose not change our rights but would change how the government can effect those rights.

For those that haven't actually met her, she isn't an idiot or a nutjob. But she has been a politician and based on this interview, she may be wanting to be one again.

One of the best articles I have read recently talks about the fact that there is no common definition of terms and I agree that is a big part of the problem which neither side wants to solve. Condi "stumbles" into it and many people will see as a "throwaway" comment in her interview:

"I don't understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons. We wouldn't say you can go out and buy a tank."

Yes a tank is a military weapon (IMO) and no, I shouldn't be able to buy one. But where does the AR15 fall in the spectrum between a Ruger LCP and an M1 Abrams tank? Obviously a great many on this site say it isn't a military weapon (me too) but why? And in a way that a rational person on the other side would agree with it?

The article below is a good one:

4 Reasons Congress Doesn't "Act" on Gun Violence | James Davenport

What constitutes an "assault weapon"? What event qualifies as a "school shooting"? These are just two of the important concepts that people use and assume that others agree with their definitions. For example, one prominent gun control group produced information that supposedly showed there have been 18 school shootings in the U.S. in 2018 alone.

However, it counted events such as a suicide in a closed school building, the accidental discharge of a security officer's firearm in which no one was hurt, and a criminal who ran on school property to flee police as school shootings. These are clearly not the same types of events as a mass school shooting such as occurred in Parkland, Florida, or at Columbine High School in Colorado. Yet many media outlets reported the claim without bothering to note the distinctions

Until we can all get on the same page regarding how we define important terms, it will continue to be virtually impossible to reach an agreed upon solution.

I do think this last statement is true. As long as Bloomberg and his "Everytown" PAC keeps spouting incorrect/misleading numbers, and sheep take it as fact and are unwilling to listen to the real numbers, both side will stay in their echo chambers and nothing will be done.

Am very glad that there is literally no way (at least in my lifetime) for any changes to the 2A because the gun-control side will never get 75% of the states to approve it. California and New York can grow to 1 billion people each and it won't matter in this regard (thank goodness).

But with both sides being unwilling to have a rational discussion and definition of terms means we will never get anywhere and tragedies like Florida/Columbine/San Bernadino etc will continue to happen and that is a big shame on both houses.

For those that haven't actually met her, she isn't an idiot or a nutjob. But she has been a politician and based on this interview, she may be wanting to be one again.

Yup, and currently the two things that will guarantee getting your face in the spotlight are to say something anti-Trump, or something anti-gun.

For an educated person she is amazingly ignorant about the Second Amendment and that military rifles that could be used to protect the country and themselves are exactly what the Founders had in mind.

I expect Joy Behar to be stupid and ignorant just as I expect a snake to have no legs and a long tail, but Condi just floors me especially with the story she related. The men in her neighborhood would certainly have had AR's had they been available at that time.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews