JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well she did clarify herself.

"We can't throw away the Second Amendment and keep the First."
- Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. secretary of state

Very disappointed in her stance. I always liked Condoleezza Rice unfortunately politicians tend to be swayed by the beltway pundits.
Agreed. It's going to be interesting who to see who starts turning around on gun rights as this political band wagon starts making the rounds.

I really respect her, but she is wrong about this. Given the history of the world in the last 200 years, I can't understand why any person who comes from a minority background or group would want to make any changes the second amendment.

Well she did clarify herself.

"We can't throw away the Second Amendment and keep the First."
- Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. secretary of state
Well now isn't that interesting. Many on the other side of the fence from me would like to see the 1st. gone also.
I suspect quite a few are wetting their pants in excitement over the prospect of a two for one kill!

True colors showing through. Racial pun not intended and my apologies. I would have strongly supported her had she decided to run for the Presidency. Wow ... was I wrong!

What she should have said it that she DOES understand the meaning and origins of of the Second Amendment and that it should be interpreted today in a different matter.

Anything that is man portable is legal. Anything on wheels. Anything on a boat or ship. Anything and everything up to perhaps aircraft is required for private ownership today.

THAT was the intent of the Second Amendment. We can no more dilute, morph or destroy the Second Amendment than we can dilute, morph or destroy any other Amendment.

Each is equal. Each as important. Particularly the first Ten. Especially the Second. Everything else hinges and depends upon the right to keep and bear arms. Scary is it not?

I think those were dead. Even then they lie still!

There are still a few - on both sides of various issues.

I don't always agree with them - but generally, they are at worst misguided, and they are trying to do what they think is right. You can sometimes detect them because they will often be among the few that vote against what most of the others vote for (regardless of party). Take a look at who voted against the Patriot Act, and you will find at least two there (one from each party).

Well now isn't that interesting. Many on the other side of the fence from me would like to see the 1st. gone also.
I suspect quite a few are wetting their pants in excitement over the prospect of a two for one kill!

I think many who would like to see the First Amendment gone, only want to see it gone for those they do not agree with. This is true for both sides of any issue, it just depends on the issue.

I think we need to re-evaluate the 4th Amendment. Telephones, cell phones, faxes, computers, the internet, none of these things existed when the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. Why should we enjoy 4th Amendment protections with these technologies when they weren't even imagined by our Founding Fathers?

And the 1st Amendment needs to be revised in light of new methods of communication. Since this technology didn't exist in 1791, we shouldn't be protected in our 1st Amendment rights with those technologies. All we had was verbal speech and the written word, so the 1st Amendment should be limited to what was available in 1791.

And the 3rd Amendment is ridiculous, we should eliminate that one altogether.

P

Repeal.

Fox
Condoleezza Rice says US needs to consider Second Amendment's place in 'modern world'

Independant (yUK)
Condoleezza Rice: America must 'consider Second Amendment's place in the modern world'

Russia Today
'I don't understand why civilians need military weapons' – Condi Rice

Washington Times
Condoleezza Rice: It's time to discuss what Second Amendment 'means in the modern world'

She also is quoted as saying:
"Had the rights workers' guns been registered, she argued, they could have been confiscated, rendering the community defenseless."

Condi Who?
Condoleezza Rice
Former United States Secretary of State
twitter.com/condoleezzarice
Condoleezza "Condi" Rice is an American political scientist and diplomat. She served as the 66th United States Secretary of State, the second person to hold that office in the administration of President George W. Bush.Wikipedia

Born: November 14, 1954 (age 63), Birmingham, AL
Party: Republican Party
Education: University of Denver (1981), MORE
Previous offices: United States Secretary of State (2005–2009), MORE
Quotes
I didn't run for student council president. I don't see myself in any way in elected office. I love policy. I'm not particularly fond of politics.

The people of the Middle East share the desire for freedom. We have an opportunity - and an obligation - to help them turn this desire into reality.

We're in a new world. We're in a world in which the possibility of terrorism, married up with technology, could make us very, very sorry that we didn't act.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top