JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there some list on the web of companies/concerns that do not allow firearms on their premises by CHL folks?

Not to debate if one still should carry regardless.

I stay at Red Lion Inns a lot in Oregon/Washington. Was just curious as to their policy for instance. I would be more likely to give someone my business or patronage if they allowed concealed carry on their premises.

As a business owner, I believe it is an establishment's right to say what they want or do not want on their private property.

I think a private company should have the right to say what goes on its property. However, I don't have to support them with my $$ so I always avoid any business that posts anti-CCL declarations. And I try to let them know why too. (I've been seeing less places take that approach, so who knows, maybe other people are taking this approach as well?)

I agree and most likely won't go back. I also don't see a circle/slash sign with no verbage as a prohibition. They are declaring that they don't have any guns as far as I'm concerned. My credit union has a simple gun w/ circle/slash on the door. I assume it means that the tellers are not armed. I'm concealed not open carry, and the good old 'what they don't know won't hurt them' rule is in effect. If they post explicit prohibition then that is a different story along with the normal government buildings ect, that's what a gun safe in the truck is for.

They can put up all the signs they want. As long as I'm carrying concealed and they don't spot it, we're all good. If they do spot it, my bad. I'll gladly leave the premises if they ask.

I am certainly in the "what they don't know won't hurt them" camp but have a question about Great Wolf Lodge and sites like that on tribal land. Do you run into a different set of laws that apply when carrying on tribal land and in tribal owned buildings? Are tribal lands considered sovereign nations like Canada or Mexico or treated more like federal lands when it comes to firearms laws?

I am certainly in the "what they don't know won't hurt them" camp but have a question about Great Wolf Lodge and sites like that on tribal land. Do you run into a different set of laws that apply when carrying on tribal land and in tribal owned buildings? Are tribal lands considered sovereign nations like Canada or Mexico or treated more like federal lands when it comes to firearms laws?

Tribal owned land and property is a whole different set of laws and rules. This has been discussed here before and basically DO NOT CARRY ON INDIAN LAND UNLESS YOU HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE TRIBE. You can end up in a serious world of trouble.

I remember someone posted a picture of a bank or credit union entryway with a big sign that said "Concealed Legal Handguns Allowed." That probably gives bank robbers the chills. I've seen cops shoot at the range. I'd be more worried about CHL people :).

Is there some list on the web of companies/concerns that do not allow firearms on their premises by CHL folks?

Not to debate if one still should carry regardless.

I stay at Red Lion Inns a lot in Oregon/Washington. Was just curious as to their policy for instance. I would be more likely to give someone my business or patronage if they allowed concealed carry on their premises.

As a business owner, I believe it is an establishment's right to say what they want or do not want on their private property.

When I travel I don't ask, "Concealed Handgun License" means only I know and I don't advertise. Simple?

Great Wolf Lodge isn't on tribal land. Chehalis tribal lands are about 10 miles west of Grand Mound.

Most hospitals have signs. I'm surprised when one doesn't have one. Makes me want to bring a white marker to fix their signs.

Tribal owned land and property is a whole different set of laws and rules. This has been discussed here before and basically DO NOT CARRY ON INDIAN LAND UNLESS YOU HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE TRIBE. You can end up in a serious world of trouble.

we have played cowboy and INDIANS before....

I know the Honda place (I think it's the regional headquarters or something like that) on Sandy and 150 something in Portland has a sign that says No Weapons Permitted even by CHL holders.

Back to Burt's question.... Anyone composed a list of companies that do not support the 2nd Amendment? We are all becoming aware that BofA is on that list.

I wish I could find on good source. Everything I've seen was crowd sourced and looked like it was halfway forgotten.

it's good we have people deciding to spend there money at ccw frendly stores but at the same time they should also let the owners of unfriendly ccw stores know that they are losing money because they have elected to have a victim rich zone by not alowing ccw

be polite and talk to a manager on the phone and tell them you were turned away at the front door so you had to spend your money elsewhere when they ask who turned you away let the know of the sign that is on there front door and that it is unsafe to go in there because only criminals are alowed to carry in there store also let them know you would return as a coustomer if they remove that restriction

heck even if you don't shop there call anyways to help the people that do shop there or would shop there.just my $.o2

Seems it would be hard to have a list that even close to up to date.
You can assume most malls probably post them
Anything large and state or national: Banks, hospitals,
Lots of public buildings that house state or federal offices

I go by the state laws - which I believe requires more than "Gun/ not allowed decal"
Don't you have to also list the statue?

Example - Home Depot had to jump through hoops when their stores are marked "No Dogs - except service dogs"
Yet they let in dogs. Seemed someone stepped in crap and filed complaints with Health department

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top