JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DId anyone watch the series on Prime? I watched the 8 episodes. Not bad but nothing really new. I never read any of the books so don't know how far the character strayed from the original plot.

I read Carr's James Reece series. The first book has some liberal departures rewritten for the cable series. The opening cave ambush scene was totally different. In the book, the team was mortared on a hill in an ambush by jihadis. Retribution for that kill included the requisite Winkler hawk upon the head of a San Diego Imam who had organized the hit. For PC purposes, this was completely omitted. Also, the reporter Katey (and James' future sweetheart) was not an Asian woman. There was another omitted terminal lister, who was wrapped around a tree with his own intestines in a Mangrove swamp on the southeastern coast. That theme was lightly included in the Sicario retribution assassin kill, however in the book, the takedown is Mexico was in an apartment building full of hitmen and prostitutes, not child trafficants. The final scene was never in the Puget Sound, but in the Hamptons and Katey was held hostage with a Detcord wrapped around her neck. Reece took the shot, not knowing if she would be decapitated or not. The boat given to Reece from Raife was a getaway sailboat, on which he sailed across the Atlantic, around Cape Horn, finally making his way to Raife's father's game ranch in Africa In the next book.
Overall entertaining but so much removed from the brutality of the book that it fell short for me.

I am pretty neutral on Carr. I've seen several interviews and it looks like he accepts the entertainment game to get his product out there. Plenty of women and "others" in positions to appease the crowd. My cousin's 20 something daughter was flying Cobras or Apache in the Army but then requested Blackhawks. 30 years ago I befriended a female Army helicopter pilot so not taking anything away from females in the fight.

I watched the first episode and a half. Seems ok but predictable and nothing new really. Will probably watch more of it sometime.

I was really impressed with "the outer range" series. Totally unique. Unpredictable, well acted, and they don't give you anything at face value, you have to figure it out. So much subtle stuff and themes going on in that series.

I've seen 2 episodes and agree it is good, not great.

I had hoped Chris Pratt would be better.

I am sure I'll finish the season.

I do like the format - that REACHER and BOSCH also follow - where a single novel is made in to 8 or so episodes.

Watched half of the first episode, was very cliche and badly written.

I mean, dude couldn't have killed himself because he hated Team Sigs. He was a 1911 guy! Seriously?

C'mon, Man!

I like keeping things simple. Was it entertaining or not?

I found it to be entertaining as did my wife and teenage daughter. The three of us deem it "binge worthy".

I watched the rest of this and it was pretty good. A couple things I liked is that it is more realistic than most shows in terms of guns (ie guns do actually run out of ammo and you have to change the mag ha ha).

Also in so many movies or shows the hero refrains from killing the bad guy. Sometimes several times. And you know the bad guy is coming back for the final showdown and it's "like why didn't you just kill him dumbass?". In this show they didn't do any of that. So that was refreshing.

I remember an old show called "the unit" about Delta Force. It's on Amazon too. If you fast forward through the soap opera parts (wives squabbling etc) it's kind of fun.

Some of "the unit" is cheesy, stunt are not realistic, and it's dated to be sure though. I think it's from the 90's. But loved to see the hk416s and mp5ks in action in that show. These shows sure have come a long way in terms of being less like "the a team" (crazy stunts etc) and more believable in terms of action.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews