JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It took Washington Co. 3 weeks after my appointment to send the CHL and this was back in 2004. when I went back in 2008 to renew the CHL they already had a new one waiting for me and they took the old one back. WaRshington Co. needs to make a better ID card too by the way.

Mailed in the form. heard back in 2 weeks for an appointment set 2 more weeks out.

Once I paid the fee, was background checked, finger printed and photographed It was another 4 weeks until it showed up in the mail.

So all said about 2 months from start to finish. Just depends on county and the work load at the time.

but I would figure 60 to 90 days average.

It took Washington Co. 3 weeks after my appointment to send the CHL and this was back in 2004. when I went back in 2008 to renew the CHL they already had a new one waiting for me and they took the old one back. WaRshington Co. needs to make a better ID card too by the way.
Really? Washington County's CHL IDs are pretty nice, they look like a DL. A lot better than the piece of paper you have to tear out of your application for Clark County and have it laminated if you don't want it to tear or get wet. They don't even have a picture or anything. We have it pretty good with the Washington County ones in comparison to others counties.

dont get too upset... at washington county they have quite a case load for concealed permits... renewals and fresh ones... yes, they can print the card out in 30 seconds, but your background and finger prints are not at the top of the to do list.... remember there are criminals who are more of an issue to run background/prints on... not us good guys, so we wait patiently.

Washington CO is really nice. Mine is a fully laminated card with photo and hologram of guns on it and a bar code. Just like a driver's license.

If WA CO is anything more than a laminated piece of paper you're better off than Tillamook. Mine's a piece of junk. I doubt it'll last 3 more years in my wallet. I a guy in Yamhill county and his looks just like a DL. I'm green with envy!!!

Applied in Benton County today, 5/13. Process was swift and they were perfectly willing to accept the online safety course from the state of Maryland mentioned earlier in this thread.

Will update when I receive it, but the lady at the Sheriff's office said probably 3-4 weeks at minimum.

Washington Co Oregon:

1 week after submitting paperwork I got a letter with a 1-week wait for appointment.

Fast and easy appointment on May 11th. (fingerprint, photo, pay fee, etc -- very little waiting).

They accepted the online training from the Maryland police. The lady mentioned that it was the 1st she had seen in one of their applications. She told me that she took the course online to "see what it is like" and thought it was pretty good ... AND FREE.

Now I wait

I applied for mine in Clark County, (Clark County Sheriff) on 4/20/2010. Procedure was easy as pie. The ladies there were really nice. I will update once I receive it.

Received mine today. 5/15/2010. Took 25 days. Its kind of weird that mine said it was issued 5/17/2010..they somehow went into the future to make mine. I dont like how big and cheap the card itself is though...and the paper said its "wallet size"....I wonder what kind of wallet they were talking about. I went ahead and got it laminated at office max for .85 cents.

Received mine today. 5/15/2010. Took 25 days. Its kind of weird that mine said it was issued 5/17/2010..they somehow went into the future to make mine. I dont like how big and cheap the card itself is though...and the paper said its "wallet size"....I wonder what kind of wallet they were talking about. I went ahead and got it laminated at office max for .85 cents.
It is kinda crazy that a document as important as a CHL is made so cheesy. Oregon has defiantly got us beat when it comes to the quality of their permits. I guess as long as they work, that's what matters.

I'm sure someone on here is an Oregonian who applied for their Washington CPL at the Clark County Sheriff's office. Any comments on your experience? How long did it take to receive? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top